Debate on aquaponics today

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Debate on aquaponics today

by izentrop » 08/01/24, 13:26

Hello, without training or a diploma it may be difficult to obtain a loan to start an activity sufficient to earn a salary.
You may have considered doing an internship on a farm in this field of activity.

If you are from 64, a farm has just started in this region, if it has obtained its loans https://www.sudouest.fr/economie/agricu ... 224513.php
0 x
gfgh64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by gfgh64 » 08/01/24, 14:38

he he the world is small, I am perhaps 3 km from the site they chose, for the moment the project of your link is on hold, the Pau aglo must put in more than a million euros on the table, give them the land, right next to the incinerator and the methanization site currently under construction, this project is the very example of the gas factory that I was talking about, the guys are serious, their story is rather interesting,
I haven't reread the link but I believe it envisages a total surface area of ​​10 m²
it is indeed aquaponics but on a very different scale
for my financing, I have been saving intensively for three years, I have no credit and very few charges, no rent
I have planned a ladle 20k of financing to start the installation (basic), I do not plan to make a profit the first year, just adjust the machine and test all the systems, anyway I have to raise for a year trout before having health approval, I keep my current professional activity during this period
0 x
Understanding does not mean accepting
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 08/01/24, 14:58

In the Gers too, they are already doing aquaponics, you should meet them : Wink: https://www.facebook.com/eauzons/posts/ ... Bh5Uhq3kfl
So that would give you a lot of competition?

The world of organic production is currently in difficulty, you must know? https://www.ladepeche.fr/2023/12/22/pen ... 657416.php
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 08/01/24, 18:51

gfgh64 wrote:I have planned a ladle 20k of financing to start the installation (basic), I do not plan to make a profit the first year, just adjust the machine and test all the systems, anyway I have to raise for a year trout before having health approval, I keep my current professional activity during this period

I don't know anything about it but I find the subject interesting. Indeed, I have seen from some readings that it takes around 1 year to grow a trout to the marketable “portion trout” stage. How many do you plan to raise?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/01/24, 18:56

izentrop wrote:Hello, without training or a diploma it may be difficult to obtain a loan to start an activity sufficient to earn a salary.

Bankers don't care about the people they deal with as long as they have sufficient guarantees...to fleece you in their interest in the event of failure!
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 08/01/24, 22:13

Agricultural training is for the right to purchase agricultural land and qualify for aid. After this I say : Mrgreen:
0 x
gfgh64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by gfgh64 » 09/01/24, 02:29

the farm in the Gers and directly linked to the link you sent before, the megafarm of the Escar, 64, if I remember correctly, it's 5 engineer friends in various fields I believe, who when they "discovered" aquaponics, we decided to test to see if real or fake, since then they decided to make their living, by selling training, advice, etc, rather well done on their part,

for competition no worries, even from the mega farm to come, near me, they will have access to markets where a micro farm cannot sell

agricultural training is indeed compulsory to be eligible for subsidies, whatever they may be, but not for the acquisition of land, in any case there is not much interest in buying good cultivable land, I recently learned that there existed uncultivable agricultural land!! a godsend for me, no contenders because they are often too steep or difficult to access for large equipment, finally full of reason for the c..
the urban environment is quite interesting too, so everything is possible

for the banker, I don't care, I prefer to start small and grow if necessary, if I screw up, too bad I won't owe anyone anything

for the quantity of fish, it is better to think in kilos to estimate the quantity of food and the quantity of waste that they will produce, there must be a balance between the waste produced and what will be absorbed by the hydroponic system (depending on what grows inside too)

the time limit of one year is obligatory for the health services to come and carry out control and analysis, then comes the approval, otherwise yes it takes about a year to obtain a portioned trout
2 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 09/01/24, 12:45

I wish you lots of fun in fulfilling your passion. : Wink:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 09/01/24, 17:00

izentrop wrote:I wish you lots of fun in fulfilling your passion. : Wink:

Pleasure and success! When is the project scheduled to begin?
0 x
gfgh64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by gfgh64 » 10/01/24, 02:53

Thank you for the encouragements , :D
for the start, I still haven't found the place of my dreams (within my budget) so it's going a bit in circles, the longer I wait, the more I save!!
I forgot to answer you izy on the decline of organic, I just finished the work, I'm a little slammed, but it will be interesting as discussions
0 x