Nantes porridge good or bad?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
pinv
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Nantes porridge good or bad?

by pinv » 19/08/22, 16:25

Hello,
I would like information on the Nantes mixture in terms of soil toxicity.
I started in the living soil vegetable garden for the moment in "phenoculture", I'm not making you a drawing of my source of inspiration ;-)
in short, concerning the Bordeaux mixture which is a biocumulative and which destroys the life of the soil, I banish it from my garden.
I plan to soon install fruit trees in my land, particularly nectarine and apricot trees, and I want to avoid Bordeaux mixture for peach blister, I have read that Nantes mixture has a curative effect in the event of an attack, but I can't find anything as to the possible harmful effects for the rest of the fauna and flora.
I also read planting garlic at the foot of trees was good... myth or reality
can anyone enlighten me on the subject?
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Nantes porridge good or not good?

by sicetaitsimple » 19/08/22, 17:49

I don't have any personal experience with this product, but a priori given its composition (sulphur+lime), it shouldn't be bad for the soil. On the other hand, you obviously have to be careful when preparing and spraying it, it is not necessarily very good for the gardener....

https://jardinage.lemonde.fr/dossier-41 ... taise.html
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 19/08/22, 17:53

0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 19/08/22, 18:38

It is mainly a fungicide and as such contraindicated if you want to "raise" mushrooms in your soil (it acts without distinction). The role of fungi is very important for soil life, especially for long-distance water and nutrient exchanges. For other soil hosts, it doesn't seem to have too many drawbacks...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 19/08/22, 20:05

Ahmed wrote:It is mainly a fungicide and as such contraindicated if you want to "raise" fungi in your soil

Maybe I do not know. The Wikipedia page, certainly not necessarily an absolute reference, however says "Because of its unstable nature, this porridge can only be used as an anticryptogamic as a curative treatment and not as a winter treatment as we can sometimes read"
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 19/08/22, 20:33

"Unstable" perhaps means that this product is easily washed away by the rain which falls on the leaves, so it is not useful in sprinkling too early?
As for the harmfulness for soil fungi, I stick to what is said Did which Pinv refers to...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"