Solar thermal homemade

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
piiiil
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Solar thermal homemade

by piiiil » 24/07/06, 19:33

Hello so I am phiiil, I am going to buy a house in the south west (very sunny). To limit my hot water bill I thought to connect my water supply to 4 radiators or + painted in black, arranged in a to be bathed in sunshine, put a thick glass on each side, and take advantage of the sun's rays and the magnifying glass effect to heat the water of my cumulus before it gets there.
I am thinking of keeping an underground water inlet for winters that are too cold.
What do you think?
Thank you in advance.
0 x
Mesh
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Mesh » 24/07/06, 22:50

Be careful, this is not quite the way to do it to produce hot water.
: Idea: it is necessary to separate the circuit of the solar water heater (which will discharge its calories in your cumulus or rather exchanger) of your water supply from the network of this same cumulus.

Document yourself on specialized websites or on websites of private individuals like Flégon or Argoud ...
0 x
About the sixth extinction of life on Earth?
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Homemade thermal solar

by Cuicui » 25/07/06, 23:21

phiiil wrote:Hello so I am phiiil, I am going to buy a house in the south west (very sunny). To limit my hot water bill I thought to connect my water supply to 4 radiators or + painted in black, arranged in a to be bathed in sunshine, put a thick glass on each side, and take advantage of the sun's rays and the magnifying glass effect to heat the water of my cumulus before it gets there.
I am thinking of keeping an underground water inlet for winters that are too cold.
What do you think?
Thank you in advance.

Hello, Phiiil
Your system is simple and will allow you to heat or at least preheat domestic hot water. If you don't use a lot of hot water, the water will have time to heat up in the radiators. If you use a lot of water, it will hardly have time to heat up.
For better performance, it is better to constantly circulate the water (with a circulator or in a thermosiphon if your cumulus is placed higher than the radiators) between the radiators and the cumulus. Like this, the cumulus becomes increasingly hot as it is sunny.
To avoid the risk of frost in winter, put antifreeze in the water circulating in the radiators. This water heats the cumulus via an exchanger, so that the antifreeze does not come into contact with domestic hot water.
In my installation, I use an automatic emptying system which empties the sensors when there is no longer any sun, which saves me from using antifreeze.
0 x
piiiil
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by piiiil » 26/07/06, 17:35

Thank you for your advice so I get to work!
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 27/07/06, 11:46

Hello phiil,

just for my personal information.

Do you have notions of plumbing ??
0 x
piiiil
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by piiiil » 27/07/06, 23:07

neither near nor far :?
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 28/07/06, 12:06

The easiest way is to use copper pipes and tin soldering. It requires little tools and it can be learned in 5 minutes if someone shows you.
0 x
OlivierD
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by OlivierD » 31/07/06, 10:41

Hello you should go get technical info on the forum solar app, it specializes in solar in all its forms. http://forum.apper-solaire.org . Good luck.
And contrary to popular belief, solar is just as effective in the north as in the south, because if there is less sun, the needs are longer.

olive tree
0 x
Blasil10
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Blasil10 » 27/08/06, 21:08

olivierd wrote:.
And contrary to popular belief, solar is just as effective in the north as in the south, because if there is less sun, the needs are longer. Oliiver

During a conference on solar, I even learned that it is better to use the energy of the sun (with the panels for example) in the north than more and more towards the south .... : Arrow: this is completely scientific data !!
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Homemade thermal solar

by Targol » 28/08/06, 11:33

Cuicui wrote:In my installation, I use an automatic emptying system which empties the sensors when there is no longer any sun, which saves me from using antifreeze.

You mean that with each cloud that passes, you empty your sensors? : Shock: : Shock:
No, it can't be that ... you probably meant in winter?
And where does the water from the radiators go next? in your cumulus?
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding