advanced civilization? What signs to recognize?

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kumkat » 04/08/11, 15:41

"Global" company ... geographically, this does not mean absence of disparities within the group ...
0 x
stipe
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by stipe » 04/08/11, 15:53

Well, your overall direction will be secular or not secular. Will be pro capitalism or will be anti. Etc ...
Overall if you feel incompatible with the decision made by this or these people, well you have to change the planet ...
0 x
"the goal of every life is to end" !.
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kumkat » 04/08/11, 16:03

stipe wrote:Well, your overall direction will be secular or not secular. Will be pro capitalism or will be anti. Etc ...
Overall if you feel incompatible with the decision made by this or these people, well you have to change the planet ...

I think we have to escape from current known schemas to conceptualize. Not that I dream of such advice, but how to make decisions on a "global" level, in the sense of long-term choices that engage everyone. An example for the construction of a new power station whatever it is, or of a trans-continental tgv line, or any decision which cannot be taken at the individual level because impacting the group in the long term. Do you see another solution? The example of the Belgians is perfect, they operate without a government, repay their national debt at full speed because of the savings, but no longer any long-term investment is made! and there is danger! We need a structure to manage these cases, right?
0 x
stipe
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by stipe » 04/08/11, 16:13

What you claim as action exists today, I find, whether it is about building an LHC for example or an ITER, the countries of agreement finance build and enjoy the result. If you don't want it personally, you can move to Australia.
even at the conceptual level the fact that this kind of decision becomes universal does not seem to me to add anything positive ... (good after I stop, otherwise, I will start the argument in bad faith. So this is my position and and that's all : Mrgreen: )
0 x
"the goal of every life is to end" !.
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kumkat » 04/08/11, 16:30

it's your position and I respect it but it does not answer my question ;-)
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 04/08/11, 16:31

kumkat wrote:
Many cheers! This is indeed what I thought about when reading all the posts. What a joy if the notion of country did not exist, if everyone could be everywhere at home, if the notion of foreigner was replaced by that of neighbor. Sharing of space, resources and knowledge, etc.

Alas it is utopia ...
The human species also "evolved" or it remains nonetheless animal and obeys natural instincts.
The notion of country, homeland, foreigner is only the expression of the ritual of territory to which we have been subjected biologically since the dawn of humanity.
Of course it is possible to improve things, but rather than looking for an ideal (which will only be the ideal of a few) it would be more effective to educate our species to understand our innate behaviors ... and to do with, the time necessary for an evolutionary leap.
Last edited by sen-no-sen the 04 / 08 / 11, 18: 52, 1 edited once.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kumkat » 04/08/11, 17:14

certainly, abrupt return to earth ... from the to say that our society will evolve after the next mass extinction ...
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 04/08/11, 18:52

kumkat wrote:

certainly, abrupt return to earth ... from the to say that our society will evolve after the next mass extinction ...

That's not what i meant.
Human behavior is only 2% different from that of the primates closest to us.
We can therefore speak of ideal, love, Gods etc ... the fact remains that we remain animals, and that without an awareness of this state, we do not risk reaching all its beautiful things ...
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kumkat » 04/08/11, 21:31

thinking animals who know they think ...

when the monkey, there are fewer chromosome differences between monkey and man, than between man and woman ... to meditate when we see the behavior of some ...
0 x