My little stay in Brittany from October 28.

Humanitarian catastrophes (including resource wars and conflicts), natural, climate and industrial (except nuclear or oil forum fossil and nuclear energy). Pollution of the sea and oceans.
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: My little stay in Brittany from October 28.

by sicetaitsimple » 05/11/23, 20:54

izentrop wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:cold cassoulet, it shouldn't be terrible..., if
cassoulet, sauerkraut, cold chili has never bothered me on the go, you should try : Wink:

I thank you for your advice, but very little for me.
1 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 05/11/23, 21:15

I admit that I haven't even tried! there was a little bread left, and some rillettes, 7-8 slices of toast and the pot of rillettes filled my stomach, a couple left in the afternoon, left their bread with us...
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 05/11/23, 22:30

sicetaitsimple wrote:Okay, this is definitely the future. Because cold cassoulet shouldn't be terrible..., if we can avoid it.

At home I always make a point of keeping a low-tech solution in working order.
In 1999, despite a week without power, we didn't feel cold because my parents heated with wood and cooked with gas (this allowed us to eat hot food and heat water for washing)
Here even if we now heat with electricity, we still cook with gas, and I have an old wood stove in an outbuilding which can make it possible, if it were really necessary, to have a heated room and to cook with wood (there is even an oven) / heat water.
2 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 06/11/23, 17:32

Forhorse wrote:

Indeed, when you can do it, it's ideal.
For a long time I heated myself mainly with wood logs, with a stove located in the main room and a small electric supplement in the rooms poorly or not served by natural ventilation; It's very demanding, but very reliable.
But who can actually do this?
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 06/11/23, 17:51

Well, here we work like that. Veranda and wood for the top and a convector heater if we need to heat a room, which we very rarely do.
An Ikea bag (large) filled with logs gives us a week's heating (approximately).
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 06/11/23, 22:17

Forhorse wrote:
In 1999, despite a week without power, we didn't feel cold because my parents heated with wood and cooked with gas (this allowed us to eat hot food and heat water for washing)
Here even if we now heat with electricity, we still cook with gas, and I have an old wood stove in an outbuilding which can make it possible, if it were really necessary, to have a heated room and to cook with wood (there is even an oven) / heat water.

The problem was not at home, because at home, juice or not, being able to stay stuck for a week without being able to buy food, while "peeing and pooping" at will, would only have bothered us a little.

I heat with wood, with a boiler stove, and a gas boiler.

The hobs are induction, but we also kept a gas stove.

I have a small inverter, solar panels, 1 kWp and soon I will put 7 kWh of recovery lead battery as backup, enough to be able to have 3 kWh, in degraded mode, more than enough.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock: