China invades global production !!!!

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 09/06/06, 10:43

It may not be on the right subject but it concerns China and its energy problems =>

ENERGY: CHINA is not awake enough ->

According to a Capgemini report obtained by the 'Financial Times', China has largely underestimated its energy needs and should need to invest some 180 billion dollars in additional capacity by 2020 to meet demand. The current planning puts on an additional 950 Gigawatts, while the consulting company anticipates needs of 1.230 GW, a deficit of 280 GW.

The report, commissioned by EDF and the China Electricity Council, also highlights the lack of diversification of sources that weighs on the country, despite the policy pursued in this direction. China anticipates a reduction of 73 to 60% of its dependence on coal between 2005 and 2020, but the Cap report stresses that this rate will only be reduced to 65% by this deadline, adds the British financial daily. The study highlights the benefits of nuclear energy, as well as hydroelectricity and natural gas, to overcome this dependence.

News that could benefit equipment manufacturers such as Areva for nuclear power, or Alstom, which is very active in gas and hydroelectricity. In this latter specialty, Patrick Kron's group has been associated with numerous contracts for the supply of dam turbines over the past three years in the former Middle Kingdom.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
bojourvous5094
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Neutrino

by bojourvous5094 » 11/06/06, 00:14

China, US launch largest project
neutrino experiment

BEIJING, June 9 (Xinhua) - Chinese and American physicists will launch the largest joint neutrino experiment at the Dayawan Bay nuclear plant in southern China.

The experiment, which costs approximately 400 million yuan ($ 50 million), was designed to test the possibilities of mixing neutrino 13, which is one of the vital measurement components of any physical particle. .

Scientists from the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), the Brookhaven National Laboratory in the United States, and the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory will participate in this experimental project.

The CAS will invest 150 million yuan in the construction of infrastructure equipment, while the Americans will spend about 30 million dollars. Chen Hesheng, a member of the CAS Institute for Physical Energy, explained that a tunnel would be built to connect three different underground laboratories that would be equipped with neutrino detectors.

The study of this particle is used by scientists to conceptualize solar, atmospheric, and nuclear reactors, and to accelerate certain experiments. By 2010, when the Dayawan Bay nuclear power plant and the neighboring Ling'ao nuclear power plant are expanded, electricity production in this area will be the second largest in the world. :!:
____
Source: http://www.french.xinhuanet.com/french/ ... 264124.htm
0 x
We reap what we sow ...
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 13/10/06, 09:48

The high-end risky gamble
To compensate for the relocation to China of the production of 50 cc scooters and maintain activity at the Dannemarie factory, the manufacturer markets 125 cc scooters. CEO Gérard Pressouyre acknowledged yesterday to local elected officials that the scenario included a share of risk.
Gérard Pressouyre met yesterday morning, in the premises of the Haut-Rhin Economic Action Committee (CAHR) in Mulhouse, the deputy mayor (UMP) of Altkirch Jean-Luc Reitzer, the 1st vice-president of the General Council of Haut -Rhin, Rémy With, mayor of Dannemarie, Jean-Louis Premersdoerfer and his assistants Mireille Mercier and Arthur Fluri.

Peugeot Motocycles remains the largest employer in Sundgau: Dannemarie collects € 400 in business tax, or 000/2 of its revenue

Elected officials wanted specific information regarding the creation of a joint venture between Peugeot Motocycles and the Chinese group Qingqi. They say the deal poses a serious threat to the future of the Dannemarie plant. The marriage provides for the relocation to China of the manufacture of 50 cc scooters. However, the activity of the Dannemarie site lies in the assembly of 50 cc engines. Elected officials - and unions - fear an outright closure of the Alsatian unit where 300 people work and a repatriation of the remaining activity to the group's second factory, in Mandeure in the Doubs (800 employees). If this were the case, the district of Altkirch would lose its economic engine. Peugeot Motocycles remains the largest employer in Sundgau; the City of Dannemarie collects € 400 in business tax or 000/2 of its revenue.
"I do not hide the truth from you: this scenario is plausible," confessed Gérard Pressouyre. But he especially detailed the strategy he intends to implement to avoid it. “Peugeot Motocycles is gaining market share but the market is collapsing. The volumes remain the same. The Chinese are entering the 50 cc scooter segment, 28% in France and 60% in Germany. Hypermarkets offer vehicles at 650 €, it is less than the industrial cost price of the cheapest of our products. The joint venture remained the solution to survive. It will make it possible to generate margins for investing in high-end products produced in France ”.

A 125 cc engine gives 2,5 times more work than manufacturing a 50 cc. The assembly of 30 000 cc engines will compensate for the departure in China of the current production of 125 engines

By high-end, Gérard Pressouyre mainly means 125 cc scooters. It is expected to sell 550 in France in 000. “Peugeot occupies 2006% of the market. We aim for 3,4 to 7% thanks to the Geopolis and Satelis scooters which we hope will increase in volume and thanks to avant-garde projects that we cannot reveal due to competition. 8 of these machines will be 30 cc. However, a 000 cc engine gives 125 times more work than manufacturing a 125 cc. The assembly at Dannemarie of 2,5 50 cc engines will compensate for the departure in China of the current production of 30 000 cc engines. ”
Faced with skeptical elected officials, Gérard Pressouyre recognized that "the safety margin is not great".
"Your explanations do not lift our fears. It is an industrial gamble. We must hope to win it, "said MP Reitzer, who wanted" to be kept informed of developments. Gérard Pressouyre undertook to redo the point with the elected officials in January 2007 then in May 2007 when the relocation will start in China.
In the meantime, on the ground, the CGT raised its voice yesterday. The organization is planning a rally this morning at the Mandeure factory to demand that Gérard Pressouyre "ensure in writing that the Mandeure and Dannemarie factories will never close".

Julien steinhauser

http://www.dna.fr/local/region/20061013_DNA009337.html
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 13/10/06, 09:51

A fine example of globalization.

What prevents you from making 125 cm³ ??
And re-examine the business

How do they manage to be cheaper? Plus with transportation costs from there to here.

The yen too weak, but the materials are trading in dollars ??? Except the labor ??
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 13/10/06, 10:36

freddau wrote:[...] How do they manage to be cheaper? Plus with transportation costs from there to here.

The yen too weak, but the materials are trading in dollars ??? Except the labor ??
Transport costs almost nothing in the total cost of the product.
The raw material has the same cost everywhere, remains the labor whose cost must be ridiculously low and the general operating costs which must also be riquiqui because, among other things, less environmental standards to meet, etc ...

I do not see why the importation of these products is not taxed strongly enough, at least to recover part of the losses linked to offshoring ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/10/06, 13:15

Woodcutter wrote:Transport costs almost nothing in the total cost of the product.
The raw material has the same cost everywhere + 9, remains the labor whose cost must be ridiculously low and the general operating costs which must also be riquiqui because, among other things, less environmental standards to meet, etc. .

I do not see why the importation of these products is not taxed strongly enough, at least to recover part of the losses linked to offshoring ...

+1

We must add: social and fiscal charges .... but you have undoubtedly included this in "labor" ...

For the tax we must be TOO CONS (sorry I see nothing else ...), we should ask politicians ... The USA is doing it well ...
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 13/10/06, 13:59

LOL,

you forgot about financial dumping.

which means that with a very weak currency like China does: the price of Chinese labor is very low (which they can buy too).

The problem is that I can't get used to it.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/10/06, 14:37

freddau wrote:LOL,

you forgot about financial dumping.

which means that with a very weak currency like China does: the price of Chinese labor is very low (which they can buy too).

The problem is that I can't get used to it.

Uh ... the weight of currencies has nothing to do (or at least not as directly) with the cost of an imported product ... or rather "delocalized" ....

Otherwise what do you think would happen when switching from old to new francs (coef x100) or francs to the Euro ...?

What matters to fix the price of a delocalized product: the average standard of living (minimum salary for which the person works), the financial charges (all taken together), the fixed charges (energy style ...) and the productivity of the production tool ...

Besides, I don't really know what you mean by financial dumping ... http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dumping

Either it is fiscal or social or commercial ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 13/10/06, 14:44

Christophe wrote:[..] We must add: social and fiscal charges .... but you have undoubtedly included in "labor" ... [...]
Yes.
Finally tax I don't know, but social for sure ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/10/06, 14:52

Uh yes I do not know (Chinese taxation and me it's been trentedouze) but given the level of corporate taxation (at least 35%) in France it would still be a lot of surprise if it were higher down there ...

In any case, it is a safe bet that in the case of physical offshoring in China, fiscal offshoring is also taken into account (Bamamas et Cie ...) ...
0 x