Tips to use less energy at home

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 05/10/05, 16:47

Yes André, many things are prohibited in France ...;)

However, I would not advise the first handyman who came to make a + or - reliable assembly between his socket and his devices. The risk is too great for a minor energy saving compared to what can be done simply by good behavior. Better leave that to the really competent people.

Then, it remains to be seen whether or not EDF invoices the reactive current. I don't know.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 05/10/05, 19:16

Hello,
it's true as I am an electrician that does not pose any problem
I put capacitors on a fan which circulates the air in a Honewel electrostatic filter as this engine runs 24 hours a day, it consumed 24 amperes under 7,4 volts with capacitors I lowered it to 115 amperes either 4,3x115 = or 3,1 watts per hour, for a year it is not much on a consumption of 346kwatts annual,
But for the heat pump it is much more the engine is 5hp and in winter or in hot weather it runs a lot. it is for this reason that I have such a low consumption, compared to the other heating only with resistances.
I will be curious to know what is the consumption in a domestic house at home, obviously you do not have to face our climates and I do not think that the majority of the houses is to heat exclusively electric, it takes an entry of 200amperes legally for a house electric heated single family.
Andre
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/10/05, 19:50

Rulian wrote:Then, it remains to be seen whether or not EDF invoices the reactive current. I don't know.

Can not bill it because we do not know how to measure it (I think) ... on the other hand they know how to measure phase shifts on their line and therefore easily find the source "faulty" (and the clever little one wanting to reduce his bills by this method. ..)
0 x
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 05/10/05, 20:28

in some towns there are power sockets at the top of some poles with lampposts to supply the Christmas lights, these lights come on at the same time as the lampposts
but outside of festive periods would it be possible to plug in a camouflaged outlet to collect free juice? :D
or does EDF have the means to detect leaks on these sockets? :o
0 x
The Passing

by The Passing » 05/10/05, 21:01

Andre wrote:[...] I will be curious to know what is the consumption in a domestic house on your premise, obviously you do not have to face our climates and I do not think that the majority of the houses is to heat exclusively electric, it takes an entry of 200 amps legally for a single family electric heated house.
Andre

@Andre: precisely, I have been monitoring my consumption (water, gas and electricity) for some time. There are three of us at home since December 2004, and we have been heating with wood since the end of 2002:

Water and Gas in m3 and electricity in kWh. The cost of kWh per home is around 9 cents including tax. (For 2005, this is an extrapolation on the remaining months depending on the start of the year).

Full page: http://pie.dyndns.org/consos
0 x
Other

by Other » 05/10/05, 21:26

Hello benoit,
A clear decrease, I do not know how you do it, unless the winter is milder, with global warming, jamias j, will arrive with figures like that I will have to sleep with a snowmobile suit.
For the period from 2004/12/13 to 2005/02/15 I consumed 7280 kw and I find it good for 2 months or it is very cold. above it there is nothing added gas no wood, no fuel oil it is all electric.
I notice that you your big annual consumption is 5300kw I do not know how you do but here it is impossible to arrive with similar figures. Fortunately that I heat the garage with my super system it is completely separate from the house therefore exposed to cold everywhere. Finally other countries other customs. you must think we are wasted. but the electricity is made almost exclusively with hydraulic dams, so clean, it is less disturbing to consume one that we do not consume is sold to the Americans, water must flow in these turbines.
Andre
0 x
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 05/10/05, 22:53

I am still impressed André! Tracking all your consumption ...
Good to come back to the reactive power it is only measured by a reactive meter (in France), I only know the industrial metering and for having made commissioning and calibrations the active meter only measures the active . And I insist the compensation by capacitor is very favorable to the network but is expensive in condos (especially in high voltage), this is why there are penalties for large consumers to encourage them to install them. And for EDF and the others the losses are more in the wild connections than in the reagent. Most devices that consume a lot in a home (heating, kitchen, water heater etc.) are resistors and therefore consume only active.
For single-phase motors with a condo it is to create an offset field so a torque for starting (a kind of additional phase) otherwise the motor goes in one direction or the other and by hand, there is sometimes a centrifugal contact which cuts this auxiliary winding (with condo) once the motor speed is reached. Obviously with three-phase there is a rotating field that is why they are better than single-phase motors and often also cheaper. I ask for personal meters (reactive active).
For electricity consumption in Canada and France it is necessarily very different given the temperature differences, we will have to invite André this winter so that he can see the difference!
Michel
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 06/10/05, 10:58

A2E wrote: would it be possible to plug in a camouflaged socket to collect free juice?  
or does EDF have the means to detect leaks on these sockets?

EDF can monitor consumption anomalies in the latest district transformer.
If there is a problem, they do research on the lines or with individuals downstream.
Though! Since the time that Travelers have connected to EDF poles, without being worried ...
0 x
Wish =>
Able to speak normally
without being constantly attacked by some people, who respect nothing, and this impunity.
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 06/10/05, 11:13

For André:

Indeed the French winter climate is I think much milder than in Quebec or New England. Here, no snow galore for two or three months, except in regions very far from the sea (Belgian and German borders) and the Alps.

For example, in my native Normandy, -5 ° C in the middle of the day is an exception and would fuel discussions of the shrews for weeks :D :D Even in January. And all of this is not due to global warming.

There may also be the fact that air conditioning is still very rare in French housing. Unfortunately, these devices are starting to spread ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/10/05, 12:16

gegyx wrote:Though! Since the time that Travelers have connected to EDF poles, without being worried ...

LOL ... well I think they tried to send them bulls ... you guess the results :)

And if it is found it is included in the "rental package" granted by the municipality ...
0 x