Make leavened bread

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Make leavened bread

by izentrop » 16/10/23, 11:06

Christophe wrote:Why don't you admit that you put chocolate in your bread dough? : Mrgreen:

There’s no shame eh!!
The nuts mixed in from the start give this dark color.

This year the walnut harvest is low, 80% losses at least, due to husk fly . First year where it is also developed.

I collect all the nuts and reach them to serve as fire starters. We'll see if it dries enough, otherwise we'll make a brazier : Wink:
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 22/11/23, 21:27

Some say it takes 15 days to start a sourdough...

Starting a sourdough starter in less than 2 days is possible, I just experienced it...
As active as the one I have maintained for several years, as evidenced by the bread that came out of the oven this morning, as well risen as usual...

The recipe without throwing away a crumb:

- 20 gr of whole wheat flour from my mill (stone mill), from organic wheat harvested in 2023. Freshness must be important.
- a pinch of local honey, very little to provide micro-organisms without adding too much sugar.
- 20 g of non-chlorinated tap water (container left open for at least 1 hour).
All mixed well in a closed 15 cl terrine pot, then placed on a shelf in the cupboard where the box is located. The temperature is constant at ~24°.
You can put a rubber band around the pot to mark the level.

- 24 hours later it had already doubled in volume.
- Addition of 20 gr of the same flour and 20 gr of water.

- 6 to 12 hours later it had doubled in volume.
I put it directly at the bottom and bottom of the fridge (~2°)
- 2 days later, I take out 50g to make my usual long fermentation bread.
In low inoculation, with sourdough taken out of the fridge, kept at less than 4°, even for 10 days I still have a duration of 8 to 10 hours at room temperature (~20°)

I refresh the sourdough for the following time:
There were 25 grams left in the pot and I added 25 grams of flour and the same amount of water...

- 3 hours later at room temperature, it had practically doubled, return directly to the bottom of the fridge
IMG_20231120_085530.jpg
IMG_20231120_085530.jpg (335.58 KB) Viewed times 643
1 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 23/11/23, 07:32

izmentor
from organic wheat harvested in 2023.
my god what a horror! Organic wheat grown without pesticides or synthetic herbicides, not even glyphosate? He turns his coat around the bouzo izmentrop even if it means displeasing the sponsors of his sect. Oooh the naughty one! : Evil:
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 23/11/23, 07:50

I would like to know the price per kilo of organic wheat compared to conventional wheat.
That must be scary calculated per slice of bread.

My parents always made sourdough bread when I was growing up once a week.
Mom wanted to knead in the baby bowl but it's really hard and she forgot the salt too often. Luckily dad was there
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 23/11/23, 09:13

I got it for 50 cents from a nephew, otherwise overpriced in organic stores.
plasmanu wrote: she forgot the salt too often.
It's been a long time since this happened to me, in fact it's not good :frown:

Salt must inhibit certain micro-organisms, salt-free diet bread is certainly made with yeast :?: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 23/11/23, 09:54

izmentrop
otherwise overpriced in organic stores.
idiotic reasoning as usual among ignorant people. Wheat grown organically is more "alive" and complete than the industrial wheat that izy adores by promoting it, but which he deceives by going for organic products which he disputes, the hypocrite. And then he complains that the farmers are not paid their fair price, while the agrobios pay them the fair price! But thinking is not one of his mental attributes!
Like the vaccines, I'm almost sure that we don't get these boosters that the HAS continue to recommend; despite the repetitive failures of this buffoonery.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 23/11/23, 10:22

In reality, in organic stores they sell soft sprouting wheat, not bread wheat, they only sell the flour.

Otherwise, few organic farms sell wheat in bulk to individuals. Those who have a shop also sell flour, which is much more profitable.
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 23/11/23, 12:35

Without indiscretion... Does your nephew live far away?
I have my hen who demands good wheat and to prevent your nephew from starving if he sells organic at 0,5€/kg.
I will go by bike for the carbon footprint, but I never cross the Loire or the 45th parallel: it's too rotten up there and even in good weather the sky is gray: perfect for wheat. Going 10 meters after the gate is cheating : Mrgreen: they uprooted the vines to make wheat
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 23/11/23, 16:18

Near Roye in the 80s.
Anyway, everything has already gone to the merchant. As he makes his seed, he saved some sorting residue for my chickens. There aren't any anymore either.
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 23/11/23, 17:13

Happy chickens : Mrgreen:
If I let her go in the field, she's at the funfair. But after the harvest it's Christmas because there are so many everywhere on the ground
0 x