rant: organic eggs .... ex. scam!

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 29/06/09, 16:15

Speaking of origin, I have a question that piques my curiosity for a long time:
They "say" quinoa is better than rice from an ecological point of view.
Is it a problem of culture or transport?
Because the quinoa (the one I find anyway) is imported from Bolivia ... Not very close either ... As the crow flies (and the nose), the transport problem is kif-kif .. (except that the sea route seems more direct to come from south america)
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/06/09, 16:18

Look on the site of special correspondent, there was a report on the quinoa 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Ecological problems were mentioned.

But quinoa has also made it possible to greatly develop and lift thousands of local peasants out of poverty with a decent purchase price ... there are other resources which are far from being so "social" if you see what I want to say...

A farmer interviewed said he had made almost $ 30 000 $ back in a year, which seems pretty huge for the standard of living.

Disadvantage: it raises prices for non-peasants, namely the local population who can no longer afford the product that was the basis of their diet.

I do not know pkoi we can not grow quinoa at home, maybe altitude?
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 29/06/09, 16:24

Thank you, I will try to watch.

On the culture side, the only thing I could find:
wikipedia wrote:It is advisable to sow quinoa as early as April (northern hemisphere, oceanic climate) because if the temperature is too high, quinoa germinates badly; if not, the seeds should be refrigerated for a few days.

Which does not inform much : Cheesy: ...

Christophe wrote:Look on the site of special correspondent, there was a report on the quinoa 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Ecological problems were mentioned.

But quinoa has also made it possible to greatly develop and lift thousands of local peasants out of poverty with a decent purchase price ... there are other resources which are far from being so "social" if you see what I want to say...

A farmer interviewed said he had made almost $ 30 000 $ back in a year, which seems pretty huge for the standard of living.

Disadvantage: it raises prices for non-peasants, namely the local population who can no longer afford the product that was the basis of their diet.

I do not know pkoi we can not grow quinoa at home, maybe altitude?
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Did67

by Did67 » 29/06/09, 16:27

Christophe wrote:
The Germans, the exemplary green nation in Europe with very "powerful" "grünes" but which produce 50% of their electricity on coal ... almost as bad as the USA ...

Well, we can't blame them all. They made commitments to "get out of nuclear power" ...

It must still be credited with a presence of organic products on a relatively large scale, eco-districts, 100 000 pellet boilers, a development of solar panels to which the climate did not predispose them, green roofs, biogas plants, etc etc ...

Of course it remains to be said ... But overall, I would like a little more powerful ecologists at home ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/06/09, 16:35

Yes of course did67, there is no perfect solution, only compromises.

I say that simply because we tend, for my taste, to a little too idolatrate Germany when it comes to ecology ...

I do not think that if had develop its own nuclear, it would have the same behavior vis-a-vis the latter ...

It is Germany which also "invented" the lidl, aldi et Cie ... with the "ecological social" consequences that we know ...

As for the weight of our greens, it improves I think (France has done much better than Germany to Europeans) ...

Indy49, I was wrong it was not ES but additional investigation!
https://www.econologie.com/forums/agricultur ... t7757.html

Arf it's the quinoa apparently ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 29/06/09, 22:13

Christophe wrote:

I'm still a little puzzled by this quinoa story.

I discovered that 30 years ago, on the Bolivian highlands. And found disgusting ...

Today, it is a bestseller of the "fair" world ...

For me, fair is a product like any other. The complete rice fair. The fair cocoa. Fair trade cotton The fair banana.

Its even fair intensive cultivation will generate the same problems as that of any other intensive crop ...

The funny thing is that the same circles that today promote quinoa have once torpedo the culture of green harcot in Burkina-Faso (which nevertheless fed full of moned) ...
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 29/06/09, 22:45

I like quinoa, it's pretty thin, but tastes and colors ..;

As for green beans in Burkina fasso, I do not know the subject, but it reminds me of Kenia green beans.
The green bean is grown very well in Europe, why make it an intensive crop in Africa to freeze it and export it, instead of the native species better adapted to the climate and intended for the local population?
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 30/06/09, 08:50

Christine wrote:(..) why make it an intensive crop in Africa to freeze and export it, instead of indigenous species that are better adapted to the climate and intended for the local population?

Because between feeding the poor and giving money to the rich, the capitalist system always chooses the 2th solution.

Another example is Mexican maize, which in a few years has gone from being a staple food for the poor to fueling the rich.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
marieagnes
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by marieagnes » 30/06/09, 12:15

the cultures of the "whites" in africa have decimated the populations more than they have fed them !!
roses, green beans, coconuts ... greenhouses are always planted towards a large body of water and the whites throw so many pollutants into the body of water that the fish die, then the children are born out of shape, then the old ones die, then the village disappears .... all that for 200 poor African earn 3 euros per month for 280 h of work.
Since I've seen this, I've been boycotting fresh produce from Africa (especially the roses I never buy)

(see special envoy roses of discord)

You also talked about yagurts and their provenance. In fact, a yagurt can be made in france with Chinese yogurt that comes in large container. For me, so it is impossible despite the codes to really know where a yagourt comes from !!

it is the same with honey that can be made with a mixture of Chinese honey and French honey ... which suddenly will be on the shelves as French honey when it is not.

I participated in several organic market to sell products of my village (organic and local) and I saw how the sellers organized themselves. next to me was a guy who sold soap. he does not unpack all his show right away, he waits for the passage of the organizers who check the ecocerts, and once the guys past, the stalls fill up as if by magic!

since I am more suspicious of the products of the market than supermarket products .... and I miss it!
0 x
marieagnes
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by marieagnes » 30/06/09, 12:21

carburologue wrote:hummm .... the eggs what a pleasure to eat glue, literally it is that glue ... without knowing all the mucus that must produce the body to protect itself from these little shit ... then these are the refined cereals and their shit sugars and to finish the unconstrained king of mucus, pasteurized cow's milk ...

yes you're right, besides being edible the egg can make a very good glue, like rye for that matter.

to glue a canvas (I am a painter) I use either lightly beaten egg white, or dirty water which was used to soak a goat skin. the "fat" contained in the skin has good grip power.

when we rye here is a recipe for all those who want to change their paper bread: by mixing rye flour with water (enough water to make the mixture very liquid) we can easily paste wallpaper on a wall and that's fine.

and ... plus with all that we can make a cake of rye with eggs, a real treat! : Cheesy:
0 x