Search found 16 results

by Wind Howler
06/04/08, 00:33
Forum : Hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ...
Subject : A hydrogen boat? WHY NOT
answers: 58
views: 25745

A great engine: sailing

Bernard Moitessier circled the world with only the energy of the wind. and now modern sails have made more progress in 50 years than in the history of navigation before, thanks to advances in aerodynamics, materials (again oil!) and ..... .
by Wind Howler
05/04/08, 15:55

Hello, My apologies for the inversion of the initials: by switching from French abbreviations to British and vice versa, I sometimes get mixed up ... If I am not sent to the other side of the ocean, I will switch gladly in the coming months to see the "project" (as the Americans say ...
by Wind Howler
05/04/08, 00:06

hi March 66 lack of image, I have trouble getting an idea. in any case 90 tons, sculling, it is not obvious (except dead calm, with the cigarette smoke which remains in place: after a certain period of weight training, the boat moves forward in these conditions, but it it must then be stopped. E ...
by Wind Howler
04/04/08, 21:37

on sea

There is no stupidity on the forums: only phases of reflection. In a way, "Brainstorming". After years of sailing on boats of different sizes, different types, with one or more hulls, and all kinds of rigging on half the seas of ...
by Wind Howler
03/04/08, 17:33

The problem with the wind is its irregularity (even if the eastern Pyrenees region is quite windy). I happened to arrive, going up from Spain towards Cap d'Agde, to find the Brescou lighthouse (powered by a wind turbine and powerful batteries) turned off for lack of wind, a rare thing, but ...
by Wind Howler
03/04/08, 14:15

a hydrogen boat?

Hello, first of all, I am not going to be critical in a destructive spirit; simply because it is a shame to waste time (of life) and intellectual energy in a dead end. 1/12 to 15 knots, not fast? it is already a valid commercial speed. Marine mechanic, I ...
by Wind Howler
15/03/08, 00:08
Forum : New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ...
Subject : Crossing the Atlantic from a solar powered boat
answers: 10
views: 8060

BOIS-ROSÉ: beautiful canoe with a large two-bladed aerial propeller, more like a large airplane propeller than a wind turbine of the time. Would have been offered to the French Navy, which would then have left it to rot ... The experience was repeated in England more recently, on catamarans for ...
by Wind Howler
14/03/08, 22:47
Forum : Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ...
Subject : Barrel at 100 $: reverse effect in sight!?
answers: 32
views: 12009

towards the end of oil

Yeh! They died young the old. Before starting to explore the mysteries of electric energy, Benjamin Franklin had invented, then perfected the famous American stove, to protect the health of his family (it is cold in winter in northern North America, and many people ava ...
by Wind Howler
14/03/08, 00:57
Forum : Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ...
Subject : Barrel at 100 $: reverse effect in sight!?
answers: 32
views: 12009

scheduled end of oil

to dream without shooting yourself when you wake up, it is better: to live in the countryside with a piece of land around, in a place with good wind, or with a stream on a good slope in the middle of the pasture. A 1 or 1,5 kw turbine (or a 3 kw wind turbine), with a group of buffer batteries for when ...
by Wind Howler
07/03/08, 23:07
Forum : Company and Philosophy
Subject : Philosophy: Some quotes to ponder
answers: 224
views: 153575

When the word reaches the essential, and joins the beauty with the rest ... the Kilowatts, the dollars or the Euros, the agitation which has no more meaning than that of the wasps in a jar ... if it does not has other meaning than itself - failing to find one, people end up killing each other. A line of man ...

Go Advanced search