Recovery of greywater

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 11/01/08, 14:35

whatever ...
with the soap that we put to wash precisely, it temporarily paralyzes them.
then in the tank where they land, you need an aerator, like the aquarium, so that it does not stagnate it is ventilated all the time. and again it is optional.
remember that before there is a settling tank and a sand filter if possible.
then the rest will be digested by anaerobic bacteria.

Didn't you see the link I just added Chatam?
http://www.nrjrealiste.fr/eau/r%E9cup%20%E9puration.html

for rainwater:

for gray water:
Last edited by jonule the 11 / 01 / 08, 15: 51, 1 edited once.
0 x
le_courtois
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by le_courtois » 11/01/08, 14:49

Hello everybody
I don't know if the following considerations will move you forward, but I will give them to you all the same:
I have been recycling my gray water for almost a year. My technique: I take the bath water from kids or ours (which are rarer) and I transfer by hand into a 20l container + 1 bucket which was there. The transfer is done by hand by lifting the cover of the tank and pulling on the mechanism. In fact my mechanism broke one day and I never repaired it, which allowed me this recovery.

What I note: the maneuver automates very well and is in no way binding. The week, we are at work (for those who have it) and the weekend, well, ... it's the weekend, it takes no time.
When guests are there, they either laugh at your fads and think that after all it's not so stupid and coughed. Either we re-open the tap and nothing is seen.

But what interests us most here is the quantity. Kids' bath, ie bubbling, can flush 3 to 5 times depending on the type of waste to be eliminated. An adult bath, a good 15aine knowing that I do not have enough to store everything. This means that if you take baths regularly, your water supply will have to take on incredible proportions (and yes, casually, even if you watch out, the water we use : Shock: ).
In the case of showers: either you use a water saver and you are super careful and there, you have to store.
Bath + shower: it will still be necessary to provide a surplus of water after a certain time or are you sure to go soft?

Or provide a bypass to also throw a little in the sewer.

I forgot, I am in a rental apartment, family of 4 (2 adults, 3 years and 1 year).
In all cases, what comes back is storage hygiene.

Hope to have helped you.
Gilles
Edit: sorry jonule, my post looks a little amateur after yours. Yep, seeing your diagrams, I withdraw what I just said. BUT I add qd same as rental and apartment, we can implement a lot of things. Well we can also improve my system, it's true.
0 x
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 11/01/08, 15:39

Re,

@ chatam,
thank you for bringing us any demonstration or any analyzes (required to avoid talking nonsense !!!) of water that "stinks in less than 2 days" .. !!! : Shock:
the sales pitch is fine, but it should be justified ...!

@ Jonule,
when we post pictures of others publicly, it is customary to at least cite the source .. !!
> eautarcie.com site

also :

Jonule wrote: Here's how to make a sand / carbon filter, like filter cartridges of the comemrce:

><
Jonule wrote:for sand, we are talking aboutindividual sanitation by sand filter ;-)

it would be nice to be a little clearer there ... because we get more when you talk about what ..!

also :

fill it with water and stir the sand in the water with your hands. Discard the water and start again with new water. Do this at least 5 times.

Maintenance: The charcoal must be replaced approximately every two weeks

you will have to skim it regularly and maybe change the top layer of sand every 2 days.

If your filter becomes clogged (the water no longer flows below), you will need to change the two layers of sand as well as that of carbon.

seriously, you consider that ... simple .. ?? : Shock:

cordially : Wink:
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 11/01/08, 15:50

le_courtois, you are right to find solutions in the apartment!

the diagrams that I found on autarky (sorry I don't find it important to quote, the info must be shared without patents) are obviously an example. it is a system called "pluvalor" but we can differ ...

for the blow of the "filter cartridges" it is for the stabilization of the water, not the filtration of gray water, the comparison with the sanitation is to say that the simple installation of sand is enough to filter well the impurities.

sorry!

for the realization of this carbon filtration: sand it is accessible and realistic, it is inspired by a technique of drinking water in case of stagnation of drinking water in case of flooding.

that’s if we can’t put in place filter cartridges, + contraignates of course! for drinking water or filtered rainwater in the bathroom.
for the use in wc or gray water sprinkling, no need.
0 x
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 11/01/08, 16:06

Re,

Jonule wrote:(sorry I don't think it's important to quote, the information must be shared without patents)

there is no question of a patent, but of use and respect !!!
if you find it interesting to enjoy the work and sharing of others, at least respect the conditions ...., if not, do it yourself ... : Evil:
just like respect for names! (> Autarky, not autarky ..)

for the realization of this carbon filtration: sand it is accessible and realistic, it is inspired by a technique of drinking water in case of stagnation of drinking water in case of flooding.

I know where this process comes from ... but precisely, between an emergency process in the event of a natural disaster and domestic and daily use ... don't you think there is a margin ...?

0 x
well hello to you !! ...
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 11/01/08, 16:19

Alas, you're not getting carried away by the Pierrot!

if you read my page well, which i doubt that you did, i mention:
"
> Most of the information on this page can be found on this site with photos of all the details: Eau Tarcie "
with the direct link on the site.
but these sources I quote them only on my page, which I indicated in link after the photographs which I put in link.

the margin that you say yes is where the reader must be located, but for that he must have the choice.

This is to say how simple and easy it is to make filter cartridges, sold at a high price ... I am speaking in particular of those of taps and decanters.

for my case I am only at the theory, before going to practice soon: in the cellar, put in it the self-built concrete tank, into which the rainwater will flow on the one hand, before there will be a sand filter: a sort of large manhole filled with sand which to filter the coarser, the rest in the tank with settling tank as on diagram, the bubbler, the booster pump, no filtration for the toilets and the outlet watering garden, on the other hand for the bathroom sink yes filtration by cartridge, ditto for dishwasher washing machine (rainwater = no limestone)!

for the recovery of gray water if not enough rainwater (to be expected): in a secondary cistern ditto in concrete constructed, sand pre-filter in a container (accessible to clean from time to time) pump bubbler> preferred outlet for the Wc and garden.

so it's not cromagnon as a system! -)

what do you think ?
0 x
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 11/01/08, 16:50

Re,

I'm not getting carried away .. I'm explaining to you! ... : Lol:

(I read your site, contrary to what you think .. but to do well, we cite its sources [authors] each time if on different sites ..)

do you know that my activated carbon filter (large model!) cost me 125 € and the charges of CA cost me 25 € / year .... it's still not stolen ..! (and nothing to do there ..)

What do I think of it ??
overall .. OK
but I was never convinced by the sand filters ...
(maintenance / implementation ratio> <efficiency ..)
But that's just my opinion ...

Ciao .. I'm going on WE ... (work ..)
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 11/01/08, 18:22

little sparrow wrote:@ chatam,
thank you for bringing us any demonstration or any analyzes (required to avoid talking nonsense !!!) of water that "stinks in less than 2 days" .. !!! : Shock:
the sales pitch is fine, but it should be justified ...!

The analyzes we do at work are enough for me ... aerobic and anaerobic bacterial development even with dirty water containing ultra powerful industrial soap is very fast when there is foaming and a temperature of more than 20 ° (summer), then use untreated gray water: at home but not at home!
To avoid wasting water just take showers (10-15L instead of baths (150L) (personally I do not consume more than 10 liters while taking a shower ... and we can easily go down to 5 liters. ..crossing on a sailboat is very instructive in terms of saving fresh water ... : Cheesy:
0 x
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 11/01/08, 19:01

Re,

@Chatam

as much for me ... sorry, I thought you were talking about rainwater storage ...
.. with apologies !!

cordially
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 23/01/08, 10:25

it is sure that it must be done well and not like a cromagnon!

a buried tank will not rise to 20 ° C in the ground, and obviously it requires a pre-filtration!
masi perso I do not intend to use chemicals anyway, so I am counting on organic degradation.

my tank will be concrete in the cellar, which naturally stays at T ° C.

for foaming, I think to do like a septic tank: with a settling compartment.
0 x