Connected Objects, IoT, IoT

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Connected Objects, IoT, IoT

by izentrop » 03/07/20, 22:19

phil59 wrote:Where I work, I had installed a wifi bridge between 2 points, with APs, all for around 300 €, which could carry up to 5 km ... Me, I had 2-300m, and right there 'eye, by targeting the other terminal, it went well. For 2-3 years I rebooted once or twice the 2 AP ...
Now it is possible to obtain a fixed ID, but only for fiber, in the countryside with ADSL still, we pay more for a less good service, but hey, it's not like we had no choice .
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 03/07/20, 23:28

Grelinette wrote:It's not complicated: I want to be able to manage an automatic system remotely by a wireless network with my smartphone, and from what I understood, it is called the technology of the "Connected Object" which enters in the field of IoT or IoT.

It's not complicated, I already gave you 2 very concrete solutions at the beginning of page 3.
If you don't want to start programming a Shelly 1 module https://shelly.cloud/products/shelly-1- ... ion-relay/ a little modification will be fine.
It is intended to be supplied with 230V, but no processor runs natively at 230V ... so you simply have to "hack" the module to remove the 230VAC / 3.3VDC conversion part and thus supply it directly from a low voltage source . At the output it is a relay with a dry contact which allows you to activate whatever you want. There is an input for all or nothing information (again planned for 230V but that can also be modified ...) which allows to have a feedback of what will seem useful to you.
All the functions you need are already in there.
it costs between 10 and 15 euros so you risk not much, and once the functional thing on a corner of the table, there is just to add a wifi access point with long-range directional antenna (roughly 100 €) connected to your box (or that of the neighbor ...) so that the module continues to have access to the net and can therefore be controlled from anywhere in the world ... without fixed IP, without router configuration, without dynamic DNS , without software development of anything ...

In short, there's more than ... (stick your fingers out ...)

EDIT: It's even EVEN MORE SIMPLE than I thought, I forgot that the Shelly1 can be supplied directly with 12VDC (just a small configuration jumper to modify) so nothing to modify ... a small 12V battery a solar panel, and it rolls.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 03/07/20, 23:59

Forhorse wrote:it costs between 10 and 15 euros so you risk not much, and once the functional thing on a corner of the table, there is just to add a wifi access point with long-range directional antenna (roughly 100 €) connected to your box (or that of the neighbor ...) so that the module continues to have access to the net and can therefore be controlled from anywhere in the world ... without fixed IP, without router configuration, without dynamic DNS , without software development of anything ...
Interesting, I did not know.
How far are you from the long range antenna?

Without subscription either and with a doc in French?
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 04/07/20, 00:10

It is necessary to take the same antennas as the wifi bridge or even downright half a wifi bridge (a wifi bridge is neither more nor less than 2 access points with directional antenna) some are sold for more than 800m ... d 'after some testimonies it seems realistic, and in any case 100 to 200m poses no problem.

No subscription, just a registration necessary on the Shelly cloud (and to activate the function in the module via 1 click) the cloud precisely allowing to do without fixed ip, dns and company ...

No doc in French (but we want to pretend to tinker with the IoT must still capture a minimum of English right?) But full of tutorial in our language on the internet and even on youtube
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 04/07/20, 01:09

Thank you for the info. What do you connect the wifi antenna to?
For connections it is actually not complicated.
I downloaded the "shelly cloud" android app. We choose our language, but the text for the license is always in English, in general we accept without understanding.
For the rest I will see tomorrow with a trash email address.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 04/07/20, 12:52

izentrop wrote:
phil59 wrote:Where I work, I had installed a wifi bridge between 2 points, with APs, all for around 300 €, which could carry up to 5 km ... Me, I had 2-300m, and right there 'eye, by targeting the other terminal, it went well. For 2-3 years I rebooted once or twice the 2 AP ...
Now it is possible to obtain a fixed ID, but only for fiber, in the countryside with ADSL still, we pay more for a less good service, but hey, it's not like we had no choice .

What do you call a fixed ID? It's a fixed IP and your fingers have forked? or what is it

Fixed IP or not, it's not the problem, because you stay in "your network", and you do what you want ....
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 04/07/20, 14:00

phil59 wrote:Fixed IP or not, it's not the problem, because you stay in "your network", and you do what you want ....

Well if it's still part of the problem ... because to access your network from a smartphone in traffic jams at the other end of the city or at the other end of the world (and therefore to your connected object, DIY or not) you need to know the public IP on which it is located (and to have set up the routing rules which are going well but that is another problem)
From there 2 solutions: fixed IP or DDNS (like no-ip) or equivalent (like a gadget which sends you the public IP by mail when it changes, we can say that it is a manual DDNS. ..)

Otherwise 3rd solution, on another principle, the "cloud" your gadget communicates with a server somewhere in the world, this server has a domain name so no IP worries, and when you want to access your gadget, you accesses in fact to the server which only makes available the information exchanged with the gadget (it is an information relay) that is what Shelly offers ... but also others ... (sometimes paying) often based on the MQTT protocol
You can do it yourself, you just need to have web hosting from any host and develop the scripts that are going well (but here too there must be billions of examples on the web)

EDIT: And I would add that if the gadget to feed the horses is connected to the web by a 3G / 4G key (which is also a solution ...) it is impossible to access it from the outside knowing its public IP ... because it will not have a public IP! The IP address in this case is that of the relay antenna ... and except to have access to the configuration of the relay antenna router (lol), impossible to define a routing rule to redirect to your 3G key / 4G. Suddenly obliged to go through a "Cloud" solution
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 04/07/20, 14:10

There, he will be connected by wifi from his home, so it's his network. From there, fixed ip or not, as you say, it's more a pb ....

Well, there will of course be some routing to do, but it's not a bp either.

A priori, the pasture is less than 500m from home, so wifi bridge outside = no worries. Just maybe a budget bp ....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 04/07/20, 14:15

Yes by being connected to an adsl box (live or by a long range wifi access point) with a Shelly module using the Shelly cloud there is no problem of fixed ip or not, nor even of configuration router.
That's why I recommend this solution for someone who does not master these technologies at all and who falls from his chair as soon as we start talking about the NAT rule.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 04/07/20, 14:20

Without wanting to advertise, for our customers who need a long range wifi bridge we recommend this site https://www.antennes-wifi.com
It is best to contact him and explain the problem, they will be in the best position to advise you on the right equipment at the best price.
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "