Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Doris » 21/06/21, 07:32

At home, this is the first time in six years that I have not yet experienced a drought, the humidity is more or less normal. The periods of heat are cut off from regular and beneficial showers, it feels good. My few experimental cabbages are developing well at the moment.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 21/06/21, 07:37

Moindreffor wrote:yes, you will soon be granny duck : Mrgreen: it has all the symptoms

I think so, and the cane is really smart, I tried to observe from afar where she hides, but not possible, she spots me and as soon as my back is turned, she disappears. Couldn't find her.
0 x
Edmond Rostand
Yool
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Yool » 21/06/21, 09:50

Doris wrote:At the end of August / beginning of September, you can try things out in the southwest, personally I will put back a few potatoes in August, to prolong the pleasure a little. Last year I had the first frost in December, it can work. For what you say to staple the soil: all my vegetable garden enlargements now start with the step potatoes placed on the ground under hay. It's so dreadful that some of my friends are convinced that I brought in some topsoil (like what they really don't know me well: I have something else to do with my money, and above all, too much lazy for this kind of exercise)

I practice exactly the same method, and it is very effective! A real child's play.
0 x
Yool
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Yool » 21/06/21, 10:54

Here in the north, since the end of May, we have alternated between good weather and fine showers with very mild temperatures during the day (between 18 and 28).

A quick review of my herbicide problem in manure I encountered last year. Everything is going for the best. The "cleaning" + the large amounts of OM brought seem to have borne fruit. All my tomato and potato plants are doing wonderfully with the exception of one or two rather suspicious tomato plants (but nothing to do with last year in terms of severity).

For information in comparison, one of the gardeners who did nothing to treat the problem is still very affected this year, especially in his greenhouse that he did not clear all year (no washing out by the rain ). As for the exterior, they still have less severe symptoms but quite visible.

In summary, here is what I did to get rid of the problem:

- Scraping of manure on the surface
- digging
- Green manure sowing and came out of it from the vegetable garden
- Supply of large quantities of OM
- Leaching by rains

For the record, one of the gardener returned his plot which was taken over by a little old man. The guy came up with a tiller all over, put in some potatoes, then left it like that. He returns 2 months later, thistles have invaded the aisles and a little between these rows of potatoes. He throws a herbicide (including on his crops !!), which had the effect of burning the first row of small weights of the neighbor in passing ... These potatoes are now all curled up because affected by the herbicide, just like mine last year. I think we ran into a genius again ...
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 21/06/21, 12:13

For the temperature side at home, yool, in my area of ​​the Landes it's the same. Apart from two or three days in the furnace, for the past few weeks I have enjoyed ideal weather: not too hot, not too cold at night, scattered showers but regular and without violence. All the vegetables are developing very, very well.
Thank you for your return also for the contaminated manure. I think I had a similar concern a few years ago, but I was ignorant of this issue. Now everything is back to normal, certainly due to the huge amounts of OM?
Another thing: my endives from last year came into bloom, I didn't know they were so pretty, I fell under their charm !!!
IMG_20210621_115453_9.jpg
3 x
Edmond Rostand
pi-r
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pi-r » 21/06/21, 13:18

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:La Kangal at 4 months

beautiful beast .... however its general appearance surprises me a little! you got it back in which farm? do you know his genealogy?
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 21/06/21, 13:23

Doris wrote:Another thing: my endives from last year came into bloom, I didn't know they were so pretty, I fell under their charm !!!

With a pretty hoverfly, so useful in the garden.
https://jardinage.lemonde.fr/dossier-1485-syrphe.html
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 21/06/21, 13:33

Control of Colorado beetles
https://fb.watch/6gcARuujlb/
1 x
Yool
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Yool » 21/06/21, 14:00

Doris wrote:For the temperature side at home, yool, in my area of ​​the Landes it's the same. Apart from two or three days in the furnace, for the past few weeks I have enjoyed ideal weather: not too hot, not too cold at night, scattered showers but regular and without violence. All the vegetables are developing very, very well.
Thank you for your return also for the contaminated manure. I think I had a similar concern a few years ago, but I was ignorant of this issue. Now everything is back to normal, certainly due to the huge amounts of OM?
Another thing: my endives from last year came into bloom, I didn't know they were so pretty, I fell under their charm !!!
IMG_20210621_115453_9.jpg

Indeed, the flower is superb!

Yes, unfortunately, I think that it happens to a lot of people without knowing what it is and where it comes from… We often attribute it to a disease.
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 21/06/21, 14:09

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:
Doris wrote:Another thing: my endives from last year came into bloom, I didn't know they were so pretty, I fell under their charm !!!

With a pretty hoverfly, so useful in the garden.
https://jardinage.lemonde.fr/dossier-1485-syrphe.html

Yes, this morning I saw only him, I went back to see about half an hour ago, and there are people there. Very well, not very far I have artichokes and other plants stuffed with aphids, there is some cleaning to do.
0 x
Edmond Rostand