Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Doris » 30/04/20, 13:47

Did67 wrote:
Doris wrote: I have better places. Next week beautiful sun, I will define the exact location.

The BA BA of a tomato farmer: be very early in your vegetable patch at least once, to spot where the morning sun hits !!!

[Can be combined with a nap in the deckchair afterwards - most of the work is done!]

NB: Ideal situation for a test "all other things being equal" !!! And always check the bullshit he chops, the other one ... What's his name, Did something?

well, why not, then it will be the tomatoes in the vegetable garden + 1 foot of each variety with sun in the morning + 1 foot with sun in the afternoon. After it will be enough that this year there are no strong attacks of mildew for 1) the friends who already take me for an illuminated will tell me that all that did not make sense, why all this cinema, and 2) I ends up with huge amounts of tomatoes .... The results in a few months.
1 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Did67

by Did67 » 30/04/20, 13:58

You're absolutely right, the test "all other things being equal" is necessary. But this is not always enough: it is still necessary, often, to repeat ... As I say in the video which will be online this evening: in 2018, my "tomato tunnel" was not effective against the mildew - there was almost no mildew !!! It didn't hurt! It was useless, that's all !!!

[This is probably the reason why it is easier to rely on beliefs! There, you make a rule, and it's good!]
1 x
D42M
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by D42M » 30/04/20, 16:19

This year, I saw it big. I said to myself, confinement requires, I am going to make lots of tomato shots (127 shots of 140 seeds sown!) and I would give to anyone who wants them. Except I'm not crazy, I'm going to keep the best.
So my question, what makes a tomato plan best for you? So it will be better (size, size of the foot, color?)
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 30/04/20, 16:45

In my opinion, there is no connection between the "size" of a plant, which depends on how it was raised, and the quality of the harvest.

On the other hand, it can play a little on quantity. But then again, it will mostly depend on how it is grown.

And then there is the grafting! Video downloaded in about 1 hour! If it's not "teasing", that ???

For me, a "successful plant" is:

a) first and foremost a good variety (or one that meets the need: a real heart of beef, in a salad, will beat everyone (to my taste) while a Roma, drier, harder, will do a good sauce ...); the tastes and colors are indisputable, I'll leave you to your choices!

b) a stocky, "short-legged" plant with well-developed, well-nourished leaves (intense green) will continue to grow faster ...

But no knots in the brain: puny plants at the start, put in a living soil, retypes very well and quickly catches up and a magnificent plant, planted in an organic desert, will remain fragile, sensitive, possibly puny ...

PS: For the first time, it's raining "big drops"! The gutter is flowing ...
1 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 30/04/20, 17:50

Did67 wrote:PS: For the first time, it's raining "big drops"! The gutter is flowing ...

it takes so little to make a man happy : Mrgreen:
here also a big stormy shower, but quite short
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 30/04/20, 18:20

It's my daughter's birthday. She "complained" that often on her birthday it rains.

I explained to him that water is life. It's our food. It's all animals, beautiful or ugly, who sing, who frolic ... So it was to celebrate his birthday by life!
5 x
Did67

by Did67 » 30/04/20, 18:21

New video: grafted tomatoes, what interest in my system ... A little history of grafting, an old technique ... And my first grafting attempts - with mixed results ...

1 x
cabbage
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by cabbage » 30/04/20, 22:09

Good evening, thank you Didier for this new opus, I had no idea how we proceeded to graft the tomato, I did not see the time go by. Just a question, does the grafted tomato stem have any interest in the case of crop rotation, I don't have a greenhouse and I don't want one?
Great job that must take you time, thank you again. : Wink:
0 x
Y am so happy cause today y found my frends .....
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 30/04/20, 23:36

choucoune wrote:Hello, sorry for the error about the author of my quote, if we do not have the infused science we are immediately pinned, finally the submarine is not so bad, go periscopic immersion !!

Ouh ben no then no susceptibility it was just humor and the opportunity to recall good memories ...

We all have "memory that falters, I don't remember very well" and I am the first. : Mrgreen:

Have another nice memory

0 x
Uncle Buzz
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Uncle Buzz » 30/04/20, 23:40

choucoune wrote:does the grafted tomato stalk have an interest in the case of crop rotation

Yes it does, if you find a rootstock that brings you benefits on weak points of your graft for the underground part. Resistance to nemapods (I may be skinning the name I discovered in Didier's last video) is not a benefit to look for necessarily in your case, but you could find a more vigorous rootstock, which finds more easily resources with better exploration, which mychorizes better (modern plants have not been selected on this criterion since in the perspective of a vegetable production the cultivator is responsible for bringing fertilizers and other substances so that the plant be as productive as possible, no need to develop the ability to mychorize for a plan that may not even see the earth, and as Didier reminded, not being able to seek to develop too many criteria simultaneously, it is necessarily gone by the wayside) ... etc
0 x