High performance and cheap solar collectors

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

High performance and cheap solar collectors

by jean63 » 09/02/06, 11:58

found in René's canets from the quanthome site : Arrow:

http://quanthomme.free.fr/energieencore/carnet2.htm
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 09/02/06, 17:36

Hi, John 63!
We can consider two philosophies in the use of solar thermal energy: an elaborate approach (adjustable parabolic mirrors, vacuum tubes etc ...), for temperatures and high efficiency, requiring maintenance and monitoring, and basic use , maintenance-free, with cheap and recycled materials, for domestic hot water and low temperature heating. Being lazy and stingy, and since I needed a roof anyway, I chose the second.
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 09/02/06, 17:51

hi cuicui,

You're right, it's like cars, the simpler and easier it is to find breakdowns and repair. I have an old 504 petrol (25 years / 260000km), a treat: it turns like a watch (almost): 5 min to put down the starter, ditto igniter, in fact everything is very accessible and there is a lot of space under the hood; and in addition it is super comfortable.

As I keep it in a collection vehicle, it will one day go well with pantonization if it is not too complicated to install. : Lol:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 09/02/06, 18:20

Me, I regret my Ami-6, simple, comfortable, not that slow (they were 110 km downwind) but they fell in rust, and we could not run them in frying oil .. .
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 10/02/06, 14:36

I still have my 2CV 6volts which I had at 19 when I was a student in 1969; few repairs are needed for her to walk again.

In addition I saw a super assembly of pantone on a deuche (double reactor) in the quanthomme site.

If I have enough time and courage in this life, I may do it one day.
0 x