What is this stuff?

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

What is this stuff?

by Macro » 25/07/13, 11:58

I don't know what it is, I don't know what it's for ... Still, in 3 months I replaced two on two different devices:
the electric oven of a couple of friends and the microwave oven at Mamita last night ...

It is just on the power supply before even a possible AC fuse blown and it cuts the electrical supply of the device it is powered 24/24 even when the device is not used. In both cases it was replaced by two dominoes and basta it works again ... The two Tomson brand devices are both just ten years old ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 25/07/13, 12:04

there is even the diagram printed on it!

it would be clearer if the photo was less blurry!

I guess a little parasite filter
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 25/07/13, 12:35

a parasitic filter it’s on ... it’s an RLC filter I’m making the diagram of the thing
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... KkUyjs.pdf
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 25/07/13, 13:56

With the clear image:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 25/07/13, 16:47

Yes, it's an electronic filter ...

to know what it does, it would be necessary to make calculations ... At first sight the high frequencies short-circuit the phase and the neutral via the capacitors.

At low frequency, the resistance will drink current, but very low, of the order of 220 V / 1 MegaOhm.

They don't know what to invent as bullshit to power the steel coil of an oven and have the Joule effect ...

If it definitely cuts off the power, that's fine for selling a new oven : Idea:
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 25/07/13, 17:54

Here is the reason for these widgets:

Since the 1st
January 1996, the provisions of Directive 89/336 / EEC, known as “Electromagnetic Compatibility”, are applicable to any electrical or electronic device.
Any placing on the market of a “Device” or “System” is imperatively subject to “CE declaration of conformity”, associated with the affixing of a CE marking.
The components described in this catalog make it possible to deal with the problems linked to disturbances emitted or received by the circuits:
-d'alimentation
- bondage
-processing of analog or digital signals.
The capacitors or feed-through filters are essential to guarantee the integrity of the effectiveness of the shielding of an equipment against radiated or induced aggressions by (or on) conductors

It is made necessary because there is more and more communication going through the electrical network and also to avoid Wi-fi disturbances!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 26/07/13, 15:35

+1, that's also why there are "cylinders" on the smallest computer power cable, monitor cable, etc ...
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Remundo

by Remundo » 27/07/13, 10:15

I don't seriously think that Wifi will prevent the oven from heating ...

Or that the small 50 Hz radiated by the resistance of the oven will put the 5 GHz Wifi on the ground :P

On the other hand on microwaves at 3 GHz, it is perhaps a little more delicate. But I doubt that this zinzin blocks everything ...
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 27/07/13, 14:20

Remundo wrote:I don't seriously think that Wifi will prevent the oven from heating ...

Or that the small 50 Hz radiated by the resistance of the oven will put the 5 GHz Wifi on the ground :P

On the other hand on microwaves at 3 GHz, it is perhaps a little more delicate. But I doubt that this zinzin blocks everything ...

Hi Remundo!

On ovens with new electronic electrical resistance controls the chopper emits noise otherwise it cuts the noise created by the breakdown of the contact for conventional control.

The idea is to sanitize the electric carrier as much as possible.

In the factory where I work or there are hundreds of kms of network cable, it becomes important for the proper functioning of our devices, we must not forget that this filter works in both directions and also acts on overvoltages.

See you!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.

Criticism is good if added to some compliments.

Alain
Remundo

by Remundo » 27/07/13, 15:20

thank you Alain,

but it's pretty crazy to put a chopper on an electric oven ... A stupid thermostat does the trick very well.

The thermal inertia of an oven is at least 10 to 20 minutes, what is the point of chopping the voltage to 10 kHz? : Cheesy:
0 x

Back to "failure, troubleshooting and repair: repair yourself? "