Design of a boiler room

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
bleusideral
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Design of a boiler room

by bleusideral » 22/05/10, 08:52

Hello
After multiple searches on the web, I can't find what I am looking for
I would like to make a boiler for central heating

Specifications :
the house is already fully equipped with central heating, the boiler being a wall-mounted gas
I will build a small boiler room to install a hot water tank boiler, whose oil burner will be replaced by a ball burner
I have never designed a heating installation and therefore I am looking for a plan, advice for the realization of my installation
In gear, I have:
the boiler (a superb 1m80 machine!) and its burner
an expansion tank
copper pipes
the old gas boiler still in place

I miss the circulator, maybe it is recoverable on the gas boiler? , it is still in service elsewhere and works perfectly, but the cost of gas .... : Shock:

I therefore draw on your experience to help me achieve what I am looking for 'not the burner, but the boiler room itself! )

Thank you for any help and advice
: Mrgreen:
0 x
A gesture more econological econological a gesture and it is the planet that will suffer more!
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 22/05/10, 16:17

The question is not of lightning clarity, if understood? should the boiler be installed in parallel with the gas one?
So you are looking for an installation plan to make the connections and soldering.
A priori, it is enough to circulate hot water in the new boiler instead of the old gas ??
So just divert the circulation with 2 3-way valves, hot start and cold return, and some solderings, from gas to fuel oil, leaving the circulator in the circuit, if the gas boiler is not too compact to let it do, and if the circulator is not too weak. You have to watch if you change the expansion tank or not?
Precise plans of each installation, gas and recommended for fuel oil, are essential to avoid serious errors.!
It is also necessary to connect the thermostats to the new boiler, so simple, 2 wires all or nothing, and so complex, lots of wires or even radio, unless you have a new special completely independent oil thermostat.
I think it is propane gas, because city gas is not dramatically different from fuel oil?
I would tend to take wood rather than fuel oil.
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 22/05/10, 19:02

So just divert traffic with 2 3-way valves,

why 2? one is enough.
You have to watch if you change the expansion tank or not?

in any case each boiler must be equipped with its own safety systems including the vase ... and at least 2 isolation valves
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 22/05/10, 19:10

should the boiler be installed in parallel with the gas one?

the serial system is simpler when you want a priority and the regul is also much simpler.
and what about ecs?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 22/05/10, 20:53

why 2? one is enough.

The cold return water at the inlet passes via a 3-way valve to one of the 2 boilers which operates and then exits via the second 3-way valve to the heating radiator circuit.
Thus the boiler used is completely independent of the other, without a partial connection and pressure problems in the expansion vessels or the like, as isolation.

In series, seems to me at risk of problem, hot or cold water (?) Circulating in a boiler which is useless, then in the other which heats.
In parallel, the operating boiler is completely independent of the other, which therefore no longer exists for heating, and therefore certainty of having no more problems in security, guarantee and reliability, than if it is all alone !!
It is practically impossible to use the two boilers at the same time, especially for the thermostats, which will be polite, like, it's not mine it's the other to heat !!
A bag of knots, unless we love this kind of problem !!
For hot water, similar, we use the tank with its boiler, if one tank per boiler.
Except, if only one independent tank heated by hot water for heating which is then controlled and directed by the tank completely external to the boilers, apart from the command requesting hot water.
It is necessary to make a precise diagram of what exists, of the future only, and to think of their meeting, the least overlapping possible.
Modern boilers, with microprocessor management, do complicated things (not reduced to all or nothing) and therefore can cause unexpected problems !!
0 x
bleusideral
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bleusideral » 22/05/10, 21:54

no no no !!! I may not have specified it well, but the gas boiler, I fire it, ouste !!! that's why I thought of recovering the circulator!
it will be completely replaced by the new “ex-fuel” boiler mounted as a frt burner !!
0 x
A gesture more econological econological a gesture and it is the planet that will suffer more!
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 22/05/10, 22:13

It was not lightning clear !!
Just connect directly with a single-way valve.!
Otherwise if the old circulator is old as much to buy a new one, (risk of rapid breakdown), otherwise, it is necessary to check its compatibility in flow and diameter with the new boiler, because the wall-mounted gas boilers are often undersized, and mount it vertical !!
0 x
bleusideral
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bleusideral » 22/05/10, 22:42

ok, but at the risk of repeating myself (sorry !! : Shock: ) I am looking for an installation plan, because I believe that there are safety valves, odds and ends to install, etc ...?!
I resume the copper supply on the new boiler
it will be placed 2 m from the old gas one ... well, if it is clearer! : Mrgreen:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 23/05/10, 01:56

Normally the new boiler is supplied with instructions for the installer and advice.
See on the manufacturer's website, because often, so serious (German), there are the instructions for the boiler, especially for electronics.
Otherwise, copy the gas boiler to the basic, expansion tank, safety valve, etc.
In addition personally I tend to buy in double or triple the consumable material like vase, security, auto ignition, circulator, etc ... for in case of breakdown, do not wait weeks in the cold in winter !!
Keeping gas can be useful for troubleshooting.
Even with an installer, it is better to check that it does not make a mistake!
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 23/05/10, 08:53

Personally, I find this idea of ​​replacing a low-emission gas boiler with a DIY boiler and a priori more polluting very bizarre : Shock: : instead of making this kind of modification, it is worth investing time and money in a serious insulation of the house, it seems to me much smarter ... and more profitable in the long term from all points of view ...
now you see ... : Cheesy:
0 x