Request Info insulation slab of concrete

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
beberty
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Request Info insulation slab of concrete

by beberty » 03/11/07, 20:35

Hello,
I have to redo a concrete slab in a house under renovation.

1) I do not have a crawlspace, currently I am on clay, I am recovering from an already existing slab. there will be joists and 23 mm parquet on the slab.

FAut insulate it before or after pouring the screed (make an insulation between the joists?
what should we put as an insulator to bring r = 3 closer?

merci pour vos réponses.
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 04/11/07, 09:24

Hi beberty

If you consult this forum is that somewhere you are interested in ecological building solutions, if not, it is an opportunity to discover them and change your vision of things

My opinion on concrete:
The gray energy required to manufacture cement and enormous for a catastrophic economic result
Let me explain :
The concrete slab is almost indestructible, it required a lot of energy for its manufacture and moreover it has a great thermal inertia, which is a disadvantage in the case where there are thermal bridges with the external walls
This is the case for most of the traditional constructions present in concrete blocks and concrete slabs between each level
In the case of exterior insulation or low temperature underfloor heating, concrete is advantageous but the ecological aspect is not resolved
In all cases, insulate under the joists to avoid rising damp which could degrade the wood.
If you put joists, I think you do not need to pour a complete slab, spaced supports may be enough
The wooden floor is already a good insulator but filling the space under it will improve things because leaving an empty space can create a sound box effect
If the volume to be filled is low, the choice of materials is vast:
mineral wools, clay balls, wood residues etc ...
Hoping to have enlightened you on the concrete solution, do not hesitate to offer the comparison of materials on this forum

Good luck

A+
0 x