Boiler ACV Apha 35: short circuit hot water tank

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
DC
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Boiler ACV Apha 35: short circuit hot water tank

by DC » 12/08/14, 22:25

Hello,

Before installing a ACV Alpha 35 boiler opportunity, I would like to make sure of several prerequisites:

1. Is it possible to decouple the boiler, short-circuit it (Thermo type boiler) because the house's DHW is powered by a propane water heater?

2. is there any way to to limit the consumption fuel oil without risk offoul the burner Following the under regime combustion (oversized boiler)

3. The connection to the boiler in copper tubes 22 mm via diameter reducer cause a problem (in principle 1 inch connection)?

Below is the connection diagram and the complete technical manual.

Thank you to all the experienced people who will be able to enlighten me and possibly avoid disappointment. : Idea:

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... 2Epkpb.pdf

0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: ACV Apha 35 boiler: short-circuit hot water tank

by dirk pitt » 14/08/14, 10:45

Hello,

Before installing a ACV Alpha 35 boiler opportunity, I would like to make sure of several prerequisites:

1. Is it possible to decouple the boiler, short-circuit it (Thermo type boiler) because the house's DHW is powered by a propane water heater?

you can not connect anything to the points of entry and exit domestic hot water, no worries.

2. is there any way to to limit the consumption fuel oil without risk offoul the burner Following the under regime combustion (oversized boiler)
an oil burner generally operates at constant power on / off. if the boiler is oversized, it will run for a short time and stop more often. it will lead to overconsumption due to repeated stops but no fouling.
you can also change the nozzle for a smaller one. on the other hand, the air flow must be adjusted accordingly.

3. The connection to the boiler in copper tubes 22 mm via diameter reducer cause a problem (in principle 1 inch connection)?
no particular worries

Below is the connection diagram and the complete technical manual.

Thank you to all the experienced people who will be able to enlighten me and possibly avoid disappointment.
0 x
Click my signature
DC
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by DC » 15/08/14, 16:19

Hello,

Thank you for your answers which reassure me a little and call others ... ': D'

1. An Internet user informs me that the balloon must remain full, however, I ask myself the question then, if nothing is connected to the inlet and outlet of the tank, the boiler heating body will heat up. (& consume?) permanently this pocket of water and therefore the T ° & Pressure will constantly increase
==> Risk? Yes No ?
Descale it before and how, yes / no?

Other information communicated, if the circuit includes a hot water return (Diagram B p17 manual connection N ° 18?), It must also be plugged. Exact ?

2. I suppose that changing a sprinkler requires heating skills (what type and technical standard to choose?), With the exploded plan and the burner maintenance manual attached to my initial post (p 11), this is enough for the do it safely even by a novice like me?
Adjust the air flow ie: Where and How?
The ingenious DIY of "Capt_Maloche" on this subject tempts me, not for a novice? The link :
https://www.econologie.com/forums/ameliorati ... t5172.html

3. I was advised to make sure that this boiler does not require a flow (of water?) minimum.
I do not read anything about this in the installation and maintenance manual attached to my initial message.
Quid?

Thank you again for your support, I try to do my best at the lowest cost because I am not sure I will ever become the owner of the rented house and the owner does not intend to install the CC considering the modest rent claimed.

DCD
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 18/08/14, 10:23

1 / it is not sure whether it is a "bain marie" balloon, it can also just be an exchanger without storage. in both cases, I see no problem in not putting water in it.
the tank or exchanger will be filled with air which will be heated (a little) by the water in the boiler circuit, that's all. by putting a single cap on one side, you can even avoid the possible natural convection that could occur.
the connections 17 and 18 are for the case where we want to create a hot loop. used when you want hot water immediately at the tap on long piping. you leave it open.
no need to descale something you don't use.

before changing the nozzle, already observe the behavior of the boiler in heating use: how long it runs after ignition. if it is very short (<2mn) it will be necessary to consider changing the nozzle by a smaller one. you ask your heating engineer during the annual maintenance, so that he will regulate the air with a combustion analyzer.

minimum water flow ?? I don't know what you mean. when the heating circulator of a boiler is stopped, the flow is zero and I do not know of a boiler than that.
0 x

Click my signature
DC
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by DC » 18/08/14, 20:03

Thank you Dirk, just common sense! : Wink:
More info when I get to the boiler (end of the sanitary connection in progress).
We still feel less alone with Econologie! :D

DC
0 x