Emission of smoke boiler Okofen

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
manu 38
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Emission of smoke boiler Okofen

by manu 38 » 22/12/12, 19:14

Good evening everyone,

I have a problem with my Okofen boiler!
I noticed on returning in the evening that odors of smoke (important, seeing troublesome) stagnated in the basement where the boiler is installed. When I looked for the smell of smoke, it seemed to me that it came from behind the boiler at the height of the smoke fan ...
I contacted my heating engineer who checked his installation (but I was not present!) He did not find anything concrete, he will come back at the beginning of the year with a technician Okofen.
However, if someone had already encountered this type of problem, I would be interested to know the solutions that were considered.
In advance, thank you for your help, and to all I wish good holiday season.

Manu
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 22/12/12, 20:25

Lack of draft or exit of smoke blocked by soot.
Just open the round top cover of the boiler to check.
0 x
Click my signature
manu 38
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by manu 38 » 23/12/12, 17:59

Hi,

The fumes from the boiler were probably due to the lack of ventilation in the basement following the installation of a thermo-dynamic water heater which put the basement in "depression" ...
On the other hand I followed the advice of Dirk Pitt, I cleaned all the hearth and the plate of the boiler (enclosed a picture of the pieces that I removed from the plate and that I find consequent after only 2 startup months ???).
Thanks to Dirk Pitt for your help!
Good night,

Manu

0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/12/12, 18:07

Did you have plates of this size on the drilled disk ??? So areas that no longer work properly ???

Never seen in 5 years ago at home.

Presumably, your smoke problem was "off the boiler". Because normally, there is a "depressometer" which measures the depression in the home. If it is not sufficient, the boiler is faulty. I had this on mine when my condenser was clogged. Impossible to turn the fiare then ...

So I think that in the home the depression remained good, thanks to a fan of smoke. But it was afterwards that it did not evacuate any more, your draw being reversed by the depression created by your water heater.
0 x
manu 38
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by manu 38 » 23/12/12, 18:37

Hi Did

Not on the disc drilled inside the hearth.

Yes the print was inverted, problem set by opening the garage door.
I will enjoy the holidays to break through.

Thank you a +

Manu.
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 23/12/12, 22:12

Slut,

A little question when you talk about the plate you talk about the crucible or falls and burns the pellet ???

If that's right, it looks like iron chew, a friend had the problem with his pellet stove.

What kind of granule do you burn?

Rate of dust?
Composition?

Dinplus?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 24/12/12, 11:59

manu 38 wrote:Hi Did

Not on the disc drilled inside the hearth.

OKAY.

I also have a "flange" of "caramel" around the riser tube, near the disc.

I think it's the pellets (which come from below at Okofen), which are "warmed" and "caramelized". It's not slag.

And I think that if this develops, these scabs are removed by the pressure of the pellets, brought to the disc and burnt like coal or coke ... (I am not talking about drugs, but the old people perhaps still knowing these compressed and degassed charcoal "eggs"?).

In any case, in 5 years, apart from the annual maintenance (and if necessary, a boost when emptying the chest holder if the burner is cold), I never worried about anything. AND it works very well ...

I would be tempted to say: "wait and see ..."
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 24/12/12, 13:37

It is machefer.
It comes from the quality of the pellet
I have only one year.
Since nothing.
No pressure sensor on my boiler. I believe that it is only those equipped with measurement in the home.
0 x

Click my signature
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 24/12/12, 13:51

End

Ok the pellet does not fall on these machines but is pushed ...

If not actually the blow if the pellet has time to heat enough lignin to melt and formed this crust

http://www.valbiom.be/files/gallery/rap ... 320328.pdf

Tenit: the vitreous structure, the iron mache is not vitreous

"Lignin is a three-dimensional amorphous polymer composed of structures
Phenylpropane.31, 32, 33 It is a thermoplastic polymer which can be
Used with most thermoplastics to make composites.34
Generally, softwood lignins have a Tg (glass transition temperature)
Slightly higher than that of hardwood, which can be explained by a structure
More reticulated in the soft woods. Unmodified lignin in wood has the lowest Tg
(65-105 ° C). For modified lignins, the Tg is higher: 110-160 ° C for lignin
Extracted from finely ground wood and 124-174 ° C for lignin kraft (the lignin found
in black liquor in pulp mills. 35 "

The lignin burns (26.63 MJ / kg) so no worries actually a priori.

As far as DU coke :) Even younger than the old ones I know, is still not badly used in GB, in coal stove.

This is what I thought I knew, the coke (I just checked on wiki) is not from wood but coal;) which is a mineral so no history of wood gas :) .

But it is vitreous in appearance like lignin;).

This does not explain the smells of smoke ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 25/12/12, 08:10

Yes, yes, coke comes from coal. I said that these "scabs", when they are torn off, burn like coke ...

The smell seems to me to be explained by the fact that the boiler normally operated, the fan extracted the smoke from the boiler (which otherwise would have failed, the depression in the chamber is constantly measured; It is below a certain threshold for one minute, the stove stops).

So lma "extracted" boiler.

On the other side, the aperture of the thermodynamic balloon creates a vacuum in the room. In the air, the air instead of rising, descends ...

And so this depression created by the thermodynamic balloon "sucked" part of the fumes "extracted" from the boiler.

So we have to bring air, that's all, to satisfy both the thermodynamic balloon and the boiler ...

Another installation "not up to standard": boiler manufacturers set standards for air intakes, precisely to avoid that. And alas, many heating engineers sit on it!
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."