Microwave oven: mode and harmfulness

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Microwave oven: mode and harmfulness

by I Citro » 13/10/07, 16:37

1 / It is often said that the tolerated level of microwave leaks from ovens sold in Europe is double that tolerated in the USA.
It is said that ovens that do not meet European standards are refourgued in eastern countries ...

2 / It seems that the microwaves "break" the fat molecules and make them indigestible and harmful to the body. some would consider that they are partly responsible for the growing obesity of the inhabitants of developed countries ...

3 / Someone told me that they noticed that water heated in the microwave (for tea) would cool faster than the same water heated in a saucepan or kettle.:?:
I do not have suitable thermometers for the test.
If someone could stick to it and tell us the results to unravel the true from the false ... :frown:
0 x
ange
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

The effect of water in the microwave on plants

by ange » 13/10/07, 21:25

0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The effect of water in the microwave on the plan

by bham » 14/10/07, 08:54

Angel wrote:http://www.onnouscachetout.com/themes/alimentation/micro-ondes-eau-et-plantes.php
: Evil:

Interesting! But it is true that it would be necessary to reproduce this experience in a slightly more scientific way to have a clear heart.
If that turns out to be true, think of all the bottles warmed in the microwave and all the babies that swallow them. Well the milk is not brought to a boil in this case, it would therefore be necessary to make the same experiment on plants by heating the water to different temperatures.
0 x
delnoram

Re: Microwave oven: operating mode and harmfulness

by delnoram » 14/10/07, 12:09

citro wrote:3 / Someone told me that they noticed that water heated in the microwave (for tea) would cool faster than the same water heated in a saucepan or kettle.:?:
If someone could stick to it and tell us the results to unravel the true from the false ... :frown:

I just had the experience in question, a little quickly either, with a little advanced protocol and therefore a risk of analysis error.

Short
water heated in the microwave output at 64.9 °
Water heated on an electric plate to 67.0 °

both ended up at 39 ° "at the same time"

By exaggerating a little we could say that it is the opposite : Cheesy:

I would try again by modifying the experience to see if there is really a difference one way or the other :D

The same goes for watering plants, the protocol used leaves too many gray areas for us to draw a conclusion. :|
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Microwave oven: operating mode and harmfulness

by Leo Maximus » 14/10/07, 15:56

delnoram wrote:
citro wrote:3 / Someone told me that they noticed that water heated in the microwave (for tea) would cool faster than the same water heated in a saucepan or kettle.:?:

I just had the experience in question, a little quickly either, with a little advanced protocol and therefore a risk of analysis error.

Short
water heated in the microwave output at 64.9 °
Water heated on an electric plate to 67.0 °

both ended up at 39 ° "at the same time"

By exaggerating a little we could say that it is the opposite : Cheesy:

I would try again by modifying the experience to see if there is really a difference one way or the other :D

The same goes for watering plants, the protocol used leaves too many gray areas for us to draw a conclusion. :|

I did the plant watering experiment last year on the forum ( http://www.onnouscachetout.com/forum/in ... =4442&st=0 ). It was claimed that the water boiled in the microwave used as irrigation water (after cooling obviously : Lol: ) killed the plants! So I did the experiment (and photos) with cuttings and seeds using water boiled in the microwave, water boiled in an electric kettle, and rain water. Result: not only is the harmfulness of water boiled in the microwave not proven, but it turns out to be much better than rainwater (!) Yet universally recognized to be the best for plants.

Ce forum where we find mostly the worst has been read-only for a few months.
Last edited by Leo Maximus the 14 / 10 / 07, 16: 05, 1 edited once.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The effect of water in the microwave on the plan

by Leo Maximus » 14/10/07, 16:03

Angel wrote:http://www.onnouscachetout.com/themes/alimentation/micro-ondes-eau-et-plantes.php
: Evil:

I did the experiment myself last year, conclusion: what this link says is totally wrong. See my answer in:

http://www.onnouscachetout.com/forum/in ... =4442&st=0

My experience having been disputed by some, I had considered repeating the experiment in an agricultural high school, under the supervision of a bailiff ... Suddenly it calmed down. I have repeated the experiment several times since and there is not the shadow of a proof of harmfulness of the water boiled in the microwaves for watering the plants.

I find that forum is not unhealthy like onnouscachetout.com and it is necessary to preserve it.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 14/10/07, 17:20

8) Well, it makes our life easier. Because if we had actually measured a significantly different cooling time between the water heated in the pan or the kettle and the water heated in the microwave, we would have had trouble finding the explanation ... : Lol:

Always be wary of rumors and peremptory statements.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 14/10/07, 18:15

citro wrote:8) Well, it makes our life easier. For if we had actually measured a significantly different cooling time between the water heated to the pan or the boulloire and the water heated in the microwave it would have been difficult to find the explanation ... : Lol:

Always be wary of rumors and peremptory statements.

Already, in a microwave oven, the container can heat or not heat depending on the material, the porcelain remains cold, the terracotta quickly becomes burning while the liquid it contains remains cold! In addition the heating of the liquid is not uniform, that is why we have the turntable because the magnetron is on one of the sides. To carry out a study of the cooling time microwave / stove I think it should first be brought to the boil and then transfer the water uniformly hot in two identical containers. Obviously under the control of a bailiff! To silence the rumors, we have more useful things to do ...

The experience I conducted on onnouscachetout.com taught me that rainwater was not the best for plants! I have an aquarist friend who told me that putting rainwater in an aquarium is the best way to get fish to die. Rainwater = mistrust therefore.
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 14/10/07, 21:26

Good, second and last series of results.

The protocol:
-1- Microwave and -2- electric induction hob (saucepan + cap)
Heating up to 90 ° (in fact starting the cooling time).
the heated water is poured into a PS cup (therefore mixed)

After 10 min (probe about 5 mm from the bottom):
-1- 63.7°
-2- 64.0°

After 15 min (probe at the bottom):
-1- 54.6°
-2- 51.4°

The difference probably comes from the fact that I had to reposition the probe which may have re-mixed the water.
Last edited by delnoram the 14 / 10 / 07, 21: 42, 1 edited once.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"

"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 14/10/07, 21:38

I have not yet read the subject on onoucachetout but I read elsewhere that the use of a concrete tank to store and decant rainwater greatly improved its qualities and erased its defects ...

Can you confirm or deny it? :?:
0 x