The environment on the agenda of a new BAC STI

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...

This program:

You can select 1 option

Consult the results
Dconomie
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

The environment on the agenda of a new BAC STI

by Dconomie » 04/04/07, 16:54

This BAC will be called "ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENT".

This "new" program (it's been sleeping in a drawer for 4 years) is being viewed on EDUSCOL, to check that it holds up, and at the end of May it will be validated.
In early May, STI teachers must meet in Arcueuil to give their opinions.
It is therefore an opportunity, if you know teachers, to give them a little piece of paper to send (what is missing, what is too much, etc ...) !!!

http://eduscol.education.fr/D0238/Serie ... etProg.pdf

Here is the preamble:

Preamble
The basic needs of man to eat, protect, communicate, move, maintain
healthy and entertaining are the source of increasing energy consumption. At the same time, reserves of fossil natural resources are limited.

Associated within the same field, the concepts of energy and environment must be part of the perspective of a harmonious and sustainable development. The production of goods and services must respect the resources available by limiting discharges and nuisances to values ​​that the ecosystem and the biosphere can absorb.

The design of technical systems, users of energy in all phases of their life cycle, must, like taking economic constraints into account, respect environmental constraints which are now one of the major challenges of development. This new technological imperative can find a favorable response in the Eco-design1 of artificial systems and optimized energy management.

New processes, respectful of expectations linked to Eco-design of systems and optimized energy management, are developed through an efficient energy model, respectful of resources and the environment.

The research and development of applications, representative of current uses2 in society, constitute as many opportunities for the integration of such processes in the technology of systems that use, or generate, flows of energy, information, of products and releases. So,
the analysis of the constructive solutions that support these applications and their impact on the environment, throughout the life cycle in which they operate, constitutes the field of study of the Energy and Environment specialty.

The Energy and Environment specialty is essentially based on energy and its management and, partially, on the constituent fields of information processing and networks and of matter and structures. It endeavors to study the impact of technical choices in an environmental context.
It brings the skills necessary to approach architecture, piloting, maintenance
and the energy management of applications in industry, housing and transport.

Targeted skills

The holder of the baccalaureate in Sciences and Technologies of Industry and of the Energy specialty laboratory
and Environment, must be able to:

- lead the comparative approach of constructive solutions aiming at the identification of innovations or technological leaps in similar current or historically dated applications;

- study the processes implemented in the applications and particularly their implications in
energetic sobriety; energy efficiency; renewable energy used; environmental impact;

- partially or completely simulate the behavior of an application or process;

- model the transformations, displacements or storages operated in the properties associated with materials, energies or information;

- assess operational safety constraints in applications;

- imagine construction or operating arrangements likely to improve the existing.
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 05/04/07, 11:24

LOL, they are asking an STI baccalaureate to carry out studies as advanced as those that engineers can do?!? It's huge ... We should come back to earth!

That the basic ecological principles are properly taught in middle and high schools, I am for. But from there to creating an "ecological" line, I am against. To assimilate the theories of science and measure their impact seems to me a much better approach! Let's learn how to use science already !! And for that, there are courses that already exist ... You just have to complete them with new courses on ecology.
There are also civil rights to learn. There would also be the importance of broadening the culture of different cultures to learn to accept different people ...

Therefore, I am against this new bac!
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 05/04/07, 11:28

I will not vote because no mention corresponds to what I think.
The content of the sector is good. But for a bac, this content is not possible because it will not have all the adequate skills !! It is not for nuts that there are scientific courses in France! Still we should take the trouble to know them ...
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 05/04/07, 11:46

Hello,

This tray is intended to take over from the electrotechnical sti tray. As a colleague said: we keep the previous courses, and we simply add a wind turbine.

For official texts, if you take a CAP or BTS repository, it's almost "copy and paste". Only initiates who have had the privilege of attending an IUFM can boast of being able to make a difference.

For an overview, visit the page dedicated to pedaglosers
0 x
Dconomie
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Dconomie » 05/04/07, 15:07

ThierrySan wrote:LOL, they are asking an STI baccalaureate to carry out studies as advanced as those that engineers can do?!? It's huge ... We should come back to earth!

That the basic ecological principles are properly taught in middle and high schools, I am for. But from there to creating an "ecological" line, I am against. To assimilate the theories of science and measure their impact seems to me a much better approach! Let's learn how to use science already !! And for that, there are courses that already exist ... You just have to complete them with new courses on ecology.
There are also civil rights to learn. There would also be the importance of broadening the culture of different cultures to learn to accept different people ...

Therefore, I am against this new bac!

It is not an ecological sector, it is just an advance:

"The design of technical systems, which use energy in all phases of their life cycle, must, like the consideration of economic constraints, respect environmental constraints which now constitute one of the major challenges. This new technological imperative may find a favorable response in the Eco-design1 of artificial systems and optimized energy management. "

It's better than the "nothing" of our policies, right?
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 05/04/07, 18:39

Is it the job of a bac ?! And there, I answer you NO!

To advance ecologically speaking, it is enough to initiate the product designers in this area. Bcp de formations already has this type of education. For example, engineering schools. Now, I don't mind that in universities, we don't necessarily talk about the environment in all fields ... so, it would be a plus to integrate it into any type of technical field!

As for a person with a tray in his pocket, in my opinion it will be difficult to follow the technical constraints due to the design to assert an ecological aspect to the system. This is why, in my opinion, it is more interesting to integrate ecological aspects into scientific fields rather than to create a new "ecology" baccalaureate.
In my opinion, people who speak the same language must be able to understand each other on the same project ... This is why, people who specify ecology must really have a very hard technical base so that they are not taken among others for utopians but rather like realists with ideological visions!
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 05/04/07, 23:28

hi thierrysan

you must be a teacher or an engineer to make such a statement; many morons who have not gone through your system are capable of thinking.

Almost all the invention of the last century was made by "uneducated"

following the official formatting improves what exists; but do not allow the creation of new concepts.

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 06/04/07, 10:45

STP, do not wage war between engineers, teachers, technicians and etc ... This is the disease of today! I respect technicians as much as anyone else. The "uneducated" are everywhere ... This largely depends on our faculty of interest in multidisciplinary subjects ...

I just want to say that you have to be able to discuss between scientists to show the risks that an invention can have on the environment ... so that these are supported by figures and are not disputable.

Then, with regard to the invention and creativity of the last century, we can see where some have taken us. If there had been the adequate studies carried out at the time, we might not be where we are today: because of asbestos for example ...
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 06/04/07, 11:01

In scientific schools and universities, we are far from the official formatting that you quote us. We are taught more to develop arguments based on science to finally advance our beliefs ... Thus, we may be led to discover new concepts.
For my part, I believe that to discover new techniques or new technologies, it is necessary to have good scientific bases, or, to be truly a fine technician trained by experience.

The basis of all science is observation. Then, it is the ability to understand the observations that have been made that is at stake. Here, if one has either a good scientific training or a significant experience on the phenomena and / or the functioning of various systems, it it will be easier for us to understand them. This will explain the observations made. Subsequently criticisms can be made to improve the desired applications.

As for the inventions of the last century, there was also everything to discover and reconstruct. Today, this is no longer really the case, and things have become more difficult than before ...
0 x