Pantone for Patrol 2.8L td

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
wilcoyot
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Pantone for Patrol 2.8L td

by wilcoyot » 04/05/09, 22:52

Hello,
I have a challenge to offer you
Excuse me, Wilfried de Bagneux 92, new since this evening on the site,
I've been thinking about the pantone system for several years, more particularly since the purchase of my patrol for Guyana, the 4x4 leaves on June 15, 2009 by boat.
the challenge: setting up an efficient and inexpensive pantone system (thanks MAAF :)) on time.
I could see a certain cohesion on the part of the members of the sites, I would like to know if there are charitable people ready to support me in this project, which, I admit, seems to me a little crazy given the delay (to see if as indicated in the subject of the pantone patrol, if it is not possible to make a flange system for the exhaust tube, it will lengthen the delay until July 30, 2009.)
Thank you for your answers (anyway, if it does not work here I will do it in Kourou, I will have to find stuff to dismantle on Ariane .. :)
another question: has anyone ever heard of a pantone system on an engine running on frying oil recycled as main fuel?
this brings me to another question that I can only ask an objective audience (not an oily one, who will only want to pronounce the result) Is there any risk of running an engine, for example a 2.8 l td Nissan :) exclusively oil? (knowing that it is imperative to keep a 50% diesel 50% oil tank until the cruising temperature of the engine ...)
Thanks again for your lights !!
0 x
Flytox

Re: pantone for patrol 2.8l td

by Flytox » 05/05/09, 10:06

wilcoyot wrote:... I would like to know if there are charitable people ready to support me in this project, which, I admit, seems a little crazy to me given the delay (to see if as indicated in the subject of patrol pantone , if it is not possible to make a flange system for the exhaust pipe, it will lengthen the time until July 30, 2009.)

There are lots of people of good will on Econologie to give you a hand, but you can tell us more clearly what exactly you intend to do (flange system?). Do you want to work with the same scheme as the subject you are quoting?

another question: has anyone ever heard of a pantone system on an engine running on frying oil recycled as main fuel?

No specific example of this type has been seen (except André!?), But it is certainly one of the best solutions to consider in order to reconcile pollution savings and engine life. Ultimately, I guess that's what a number of us will try to do.

Is there any risk of running an engine, e.g. a 2.8l td Nissan :) exclusively oil? (knowing that it is imperative to keep a 50% diesel 50% oil tank until the cruising temperature of the engine ...)

In Guyana, you spend less time removing snow from the windshield in the morning than we do, I don't know to what extent this can allow you to exceed the limits given by oily ...: Mrgreen:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
wilcoyot
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by wilcoyot » 11/05/09, 23:19

Good evening,

sorry for the radio silence, but given the short time that I have at the moment because of the preparation of the departure, I think that I will remain wise and wait to be in Guyana before any modifications that it is oil or pantone on the patrol.
on the other hand I will surely buy the necessary before June 15, history not to galley in Kourou.

So small questions: where can I find the ingredients necessary for the manufacture of a secondary fuel system at an attractive price and quality? (in particular 3-way solenoid valves and plate heat exchangers? + if you have good plans for the piping, booster pump, check valve ... I probably forget ...)

pantone side: if someone can advise me on the materials for manufacturing the reactor (like stainless steel (tube and / or rod?) is effective despite it being non-magnetic?) what dimensions would you use for adapt it to 2; 8l td du patrol?

I have a generator set for guinea pigs, if that can reassure the most fearful who already see me meeting the connecting rods with the valves :)
while waiting for your answers, your questions, your reflections maybe, I don't have too much time for the moment, hence the message a bit sloppy ... good evening
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 12/05/09, 08:44

Hello
To avoid too much hassle on your car you should perhaps do things one by one. Start by rolling in oil and increase the dose as you go. You can ride without making heavy modifications for the moment. The hardest part will be filtering the oil and replacing your diesel filter regularly.
Nothing prevents you as long as you are in France to find you a second descent of exhaust from Patrole to the scrapyard to start to make the assembly of the reactor.
When you have finished your reactor you will have to dismantle your original exhaust downpipe and replace it with the modified downpipe.
Use products that are easy to find on the market to make your reactor. Steel heating tube and stainless steel rod, plumbing fittings, automotive rubber tube (coolant and fuel hose).
Your car will take an important place in your daily life because you will have to take care of the oil and the water it consumes.
Good luck and good luck on your new destination. 8)
0 x
wilcoyot
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by wilcoyot » 04/06/09, 14:12

Hello,
I'm thinking about it,
is it absolutely necessary to install an oil heater when the temperature is 25 ° ..?
0 x
gaston13
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gaston13 » 04/06/09, 14:25

it depends on which% ...

the fact remains that this engine (indirect injection + Bosh license pump) will run without worry at 70-80% without any modification in these latitudes ...

however, beware of any vegetable oil going down into the lubrication sump, especially with a turbo engine
0 x
wilcoyot
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by wilcoyot » 04/06/09, 16:11

gaston13 wrote:it depends on which% ...

however, beware of any vegetable oil going down into the lubrication sump, especially with a turbo engine

that is to say? risk of engine failure? why would the oil go down?
please
0 x
gaston13
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gaston13 » 04/06/09, 17:02

Oil can be lowered in the event of poor combustion (cold engine)

vegetable oil will then degrade the lubricating properties of mineral or synthetic oil ...

one solution is to use biolub type vegetable based lubricating oil

that said, this phenomenon is far from systematic
0 x