508 doping Mercedes: homemade reactor

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

508 doping Mercedes: homemade reactor

by jime » 03/05/08, 10:52

Bonjour à tous

In order not to embellish myself with the old montage, I present you the new here.

I left on the base of the reactor of C15 of vitry with some adaptations according to my needs and possibilities.
I recovered the old gvi, it is fed drip and there is a nozzle 4 mm output to regulate the steam.
The air supply is also restricted, 4mm nozzle for the moment. I added a grid inlet 16 2mm holes, to break any drops of water
The reactor: 16 / 21 tube, 300mm length, 14mm rod, 1500 length, 100mm antechamber, 50mm expansion
Big tube 700mm ep: 2mm
The air inlet is in the reactor at the entrance of the antechamber.

Conso GO level, I have 15% saving, 2,1L, 5% better than with the retrokit. Before I turned to 14-15L / 100, on this test, I consumed 11,95L / 100
Conso water 1,2-1,4L / h

Reactor outlet temperature up to 197,5 ° after a good coast, then 130-170 ° in 5eme at 90km / h (full throttle load)

I guess and I hope that the editing needs some settings to have a better performance, maybe also it takes a break-in, I have traveled only 100km.
The reactor outlet pipe is in 12x14 while it is in 10x12 on the rover, maybe also that the air nozzle is too small, I could try a nozzle of 5mm, I have the margin in T ° C reactor outlet.
Maybe the air inlet is too close to the stem and there may be condensation when air and steam meet? However, given the T ° C output up to 197 °, I doubt that there is water in liquid form, in fact for the mime I know too much nothing to see ..
André, do you think that the mixture air and steam is quite homogeneous before going into the reactor? the air inlet is about 90mm from the beginning of the stem
Finally it is already good for a first try, I will now try to improve the yield.

Pollution level, radical change visible to the naked eye in the strong climbs, before 5eme in a slope to 5-8% I smoked black, very black, now I smoke little black, I will spend the CT soon, I will have confirmation.

A small video

http://www.dailymotion.com/visualjam/vi ... apeur_tech
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit 09-02-2009

Summary video editing
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8ambo ... apeur_tech

Fin Edit
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

The montage in photos

The entrance of air in the antechamber

Welding of the gvi

I'm just a beginner in welding so I preferred to solder the sides of the big tube with a closed angle, rather than open, my soldering station does not go down enough in amperage

Everything is soldered and soldered

Steam outlet nozzle, 4 / 6,6 / 8,8 / 10 hose in Russian dolls

My home grill, a jar lid pierced with 2mm wick

Ready to mount, the paint is the recovery, I see better leaks of my welds ..

Before, with the retrokit

New assembly that passes between the chassis on the right, the casing on the left, the starter above, the anternator in front of ...:D

Last edited by jime the 09 / 02 / 09, 14: 05, 1 edited once.
0 x
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 03/05/08, 12:20

A quick question for andré or any other g-pantone pro ..
Have you already had 15 margins at 30% savings on the same reactor by changing certain parameters such as water flow, air flow or the size of the inlet and outlet pipes of the reactor?
Or should I rather question the size of the stem?

It's going to give me some research leads ..
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 03/05/08, 14:56

Hello Jime

No answer to your last question but, it seems to me that your (starter in green?) Is very close to your reactor. Maybe you will not appreciate the joke of heating, in case you have not planned thermal insulation between the two.

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 03/05/08, 18:21

Hi Flytox

There is about ten cm of difference between the starter and the vertical part of the tube which is of origin, as well as between the starter and the horizontal part of the tube which I added, so I kept the rating minimal that there was original, there is minumu 10 cm between the starter and the pot
I have not planned to isolate it but I will monitor the color of the starter paint
0 x
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 03/05/08, 21:34

I have just done a new test with an 5mm air nozzle
T ° C reactor outlet up to 204 °, 150-180 ° in 5e
Consume water 1 to 1,2L / h
Conso go 12,8L

Practically 1L more than this morning, sacred difference, yet it is the same course, there was very little traffic I was not spared, like this morning, I drove at the same pace

I will try with a nozzle 3mm air intake, I'll see
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 03/05/08, 22:47

Hello
Maybe the air inlet is too close to the stem and there may be condensation when air and steam meet? However, given the T ° C output up to 197 °, I doubt that there is water in liquid form, in fact for the mime I know too much nothing to see ..
André, do you think that the mixture air and steam is quite homogeneous before going into the reactor? the air inlet is about 90mm from the beginning of the stem

Do not change anything in the reactor, we arrive at approximately the same exit temperatures, if I drive at 130kmh it goes up to 200c in normal times 90 to 100kmh it's around 140C
Play on the ratio between the air vapor entering the reactor and the suction outlet of the collector (it is not necessarily a greater depression which is the best compromise)

A quick question for andré or any other g-pantone pro ..
Have you already had 15 margins at 30% savings on the same reactor by changing certain parameters such as water flow, air flow or the size of the inlet and outlet pipes of the reactor?

The assembly is still new, operates the hot at the beginning not too much water, you will increase thereafter, it will improve quickly.
With the same reactor just changed too much water or no water
Not enough air can make changes from overconsumption to 30% savings. In city driving often the economy is barely measurable 5% at 10% of the values ​​that fall into the normal variables, so disregard it, especially if it is not repetitive.

Andre
Last edited by Other the 05 / 05 / 08, 05: 24, 1 edited once.
0 x
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 04/05/08, 00:41

Hello andré

So I'll focus around the gvi and the air intake, already with a nozzle 3mm in the air I may see the change.

Last night it seemed to me that with a nozzle of 5mm I had more rejection of black smoke than the morning when I consumed 1L of GO less with a nozzle of 4mm, is it a bad visual impression, or it is due to the fact that there is more air passing through the reactor and dropping its performance. ah I would like to have a pollution probe in my workshop ..
here is a summary of the configuration for the moment

0 x
Other

by Other » 04/05/08, 06:14

Hello
ah I would like to have a pollution probe in my workshop ..
here is a summary of the configuration for the moment

Concentrate on consumption, polution will follow the movement .. (one thing at a time)

In my case it's a little differrent the air flow is in the SGS
At the end I keep the GV dry, only when the exit temperature of the reactor rises above 100c
open your drip, the temperature goes up and you will feel the effect on the engine, it is the one that should not increase the water too fast, you must learn to adapt to the 'inerity.
After a few moments you will find quickly enough

How does your air intake control it? with nozzles
In your assembly if you reduce your entrance of air you increase the aspiration in the GV and if you walk with a constant level you do not control the consumption of water with difficulty.

Andre
0 x
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 04/05/08, 07:46

Hello andré

How does your air intake control it? with nozzles
In your assembly if you reduce your entrance of air you increase the aspiration in the GV and if you walk with a constant level you do not control the consumption of water with difficulty.

I control the air intake with copper nozzles as for the output of the gvi, I tried 4 and 5mm, I'll see what gives in3mm
For the entry of water it is only with the drip, I did not mount a trap.

open your drip, the temperature goes up and you will feel the effect on the engine, it is the one that should not increase the water too fast, you must learn to adapt to the 'inerity.

I'm going to do that today, it's less convenient than the rover because I go to the water tank by the front bonnet
until now I warmed the engine 5min, I opened the drip and I left

I think manage the water opening with a solenoid valve once the drip rate set and the assembly operational. I could start and get water on the way, and before I stopped the engine I could purge and dry the system at night.
0 x
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 04/05/08, 11:52

Hello

So new test with an air inlet nozzle of 3mm, I had to stop twice to increase the flow of water and restart the machine in side, it had to distort my consumption compared to other routes without stops.
With the truck I have a trial of 50km because it consumes a lot and it costs the tests ..

So go 12,3L / 100 for 0,8 to 1L / h of water
Reactor outlet temperature 140 at 170 ° in 5e at 90km / h, Tmin 123 ° Tmax206 °

I will now try a tube of 10x12 at the reactor outlet, as on the rover
0 x