Spontaneous fungi in hay

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
newman
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Spontaneous fungi in hay

by newman » 18/05/21, 09:24

hello, I just registered. I really enjoyed Didier's book (I read the second one).
i am in the northeast of the nièvre and i am trying the "PP" system for the first time. I put a big layer of hay in February on an old wasteland. then at the end of April I made holes to transplant my plants. It's been raining a lot here for the past few weeks and now I have fungi appearing in the hay. Have others had this same phenomenon? Do you have any comments or advice?
please
0 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: spontaneous fungi in hay

by Rajqawee » 18/05/21, 10:12

Yes, it happens quite easily. With hay, dead leaves, BRF, the fungus has a beautiful environment.

Personally, if they don't bother me with planting or harvesting, I leave them alone.

Possibly if it looks like an edible that I know well (I happened to have chanterelles ...), I pick it up (be careful, with mushrooms you always have to be 100% certain of what you pick up )
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: spontaneous fungi in hay

by Ahmed » 18/05/21, 10:43

Welcome here, Paul! : Wink:
These are the fruiting bodies (carpophores) of saprophytic fungi, effectively common when there is dead plant material to digest ... Photos of these specimens?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
newman
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Spontaneous fungi in hay

by newman » 18/05/21, 12:44

Thank you for the reassuring answers. I removed them but no more. it's much less annoying than slugs :frown: i will live with
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Spontaneous fungi in hay

by Exnihiloest » 18/05/21, 18:46

newman wrote:Thank you for the reassuring answers. I removed them but no more. it's much less annoying than slugs :frown: i will live with

They may be good edibles. Do you have a picture?
0 x