Drilling water discharged into the sewer

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
jeannspérance
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Drilling water discharged into the sewer

by jeannspérance » 16/05/10, 11:27

Hello,
I need precise information and if possible with the corresponding legal text (or something "official" from -). Here we are, we plan to buy a house (we signed the compromise) but the current owners have a borehole (so they do not pay for water) and 2 or 3 years ago they were connected to the sewer, on the other hand they did not say anything (we did not ask them anything ...) and since their waste water (but which comes at the base of a borehole which desert the whole house in + the garden) is discharged into the whole sewer, treated as it should and they pay nothing ...
Of course, as they want to sell, they sent (very shortly before the signing of the compromise) a letter to the Town Hall to 'regularize' the situation or for information ... before the final act of sale ( early August). My question: the current situation seems illegal to us (the fact of discharging the wastewater that comes from the base of a borehole without paying anything in the sewer system) ... What about? What will they (the owners) have to do to regularize their situation: install a meter to count the m3 of wastewater discharged? Bring water from the city (for the house) and use the drilling only to water the lawn and more to serve the house? What does the law say about this? We found nothing ...
I add that the house no longer has a septic tank (as indicated on the compromise).
If someone is aware of something on this subject, please answer our questions ...
0 x
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 16/05/10, 13:27

Hello

text of laws, naturally by looking well, there must be, but is it worth it to want to pay at all costs ... some local or property taxes could increase, moreover the water company or a other if this is your case will rub your hands! because your current situation is not legal especially vis-à-vis the water supplier, only, on your water bill you have the share for the treatment which is not negligible. In your place, I will feel good before launching you into an absolute compliance, especially that the former owners may also have to pay!

jeff
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 16/05/10, 15:20

If there is everything in the sewer, there is also city water possible, and the best is to connect you to city water, and therefore to drink more potable water than this drilling with water not analyzed and therefore to pay taxes correctly without consuming water to water the garden.
Like this you will be in good standing without any legal problems.
If you consume no more water than to drink, these taxes will be reduced to very little !!! But you will be in good standing with the law.

I, too, bought a house 11 years ago with a borehole for watering and other uses, except, drinking it and city water to drink and wash the salad.
This well-working borehole brought in a huge amount of sand, but 3 years later the pump was blocked, more water and impossible to get it out of the borehole, trapped by the sand, even pulling to the point of breaking the rope (more than a ton of force) and therefore I have more drilling that works !! It has to be redone entirely, pump stuck tens of meters away !!
In sand, reliable deep drilling is very difficult to do well, which I did not know when buying.

You can ask your sellers to comply with the law by taking city water and drilling only for the garden (It is safer if the old drilling starts to cause problems).
In the sales agreement, did you have the diagnoses with this information, or did you know this sewer problem after signing?
In the second case, lack of information, you can force the sellers to connect to city water at their expense, which they should have done, for reasons of concealment, or reduce the purchase price. Otherwise, informed, you accepted a priori and it is more difficult to change the sale, but normally, we are not allowed to sell a house without respecting the law, and you do not have proof of their oral statement , not legally valid, that nothing was asked of them! I do not think that the compromise mentions that this house is in an illegal situation, explicitly!
The compromise does not mention a septic tank and therefore if it does not say so, you can say that, like any normal house, connected to the usual sanitation, tap water and mains drainage !!
If the compromise mentions nothing or too little, the sellers have concealed you and therefore must assume, pay or reduce the price.
Well put together, by analyzing the compromise text, legally, you can scare them and get, or abandon the purchase.
Take a good look if something else has not been hidden from you !!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 16/05/10, 16:53

force the seller to do and pay is fine, but a not stupid seller will increase the price in the same way and in the end it is the buyer who pays ...

I will be the buyer, I will ask the seller not to say anything, and I will take advantage of this water as long as the drilling works

it will be time to pay for the water when it is imposed on you
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 16/05/10, 17:07

(we signed the compromise)

The compromise has been signed and therefore the price is final, unchangeable, except hidden defect, for the buyer!

Of course, as they want to sell, they sent (very shortly before the signing of the compromise) a letter to the Town Hall to 'regularize' the situation or for information ... before the final act of sale ( early August).

They are trapped by the sellers who have informed the town hall and connected to the sewer, they pay the taxes of everything in the sewer for the housing and land tax, a priori.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 16/05/10, 17:40

It is not the water bill that will tip the profitability of the house into the red. Personally, I would connect to the water distribution and I would modify the circuit for use equivalent to what we do with tank water:

mains water: kitchen, sinks and bathroom.
drilling: hunting, washing machine, laundry, garage, garden (easy 60% of consumption)

It must be said that soon administrations, driven by private interests will soon begin to hunt for this kind of installation. So you are quiet for cheap.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 16/05/10, 18:21

Completely agree, and, it is my case, but, apart
garden (easy 60% of consumption)

which is rather with the garden with summer at 90% !!!
0 x