Acrylic bathtub VS steel

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
nialabert
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Acrylic bathtub VS steel

by nialabert » 08/11/23, 14:51

Hello everybody

An opinion for or against acrylic bathtubs. With the good old enameled steel bathtub opposite in the ring?
Let's talk about the version which is a little expensive and not the first price from the king of DIYers.

It seems that this evening is very unsustainable, but I don't really understand why. Fragile? Wear? poor performance of peripheral joints, Deformations?

The only big drawback I see is the fact that it's not recyclable at all. But if it lasts 30 years...
0 x
Researchers who seek are found, but researchers found it seeks.
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Acrylic bathtub VS steel

by Macro » 08/11/23, 15:59

The main disadvantage of enameled steel: a damaged glass or someone's tool hitting it. the mail skips the steel rusts and pierces in very little time, with cast iron it is better but more expensive and probably now impossible to find.

And then what do I worry about... I don't wash anymore... : Cheesy:
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "