Nickel grid in the reactor

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
bob_isat
Pantone engine Researcher

Nickel grid in the reactor

by bob_isat » 06/04/06, 11:27

Hi everybody,

does anyone ever test the presence of a nickel mesh between the rod and the reactor?

An accustomed to quantum warmly recommends it in these last 2 achievements:
0 x
Other

by Other » 06/04/06, 15:06

Hello

Currently I roll a small stainless steel mesh or nickel but I can not certify if it is pure nickel, it is a high quality wire mesh, very thin liquid water is difficult to pass, it was used in the metal powder industry, I did not notice a major change neither better nor less, I wanted to remove it, but everything is jammed in the reactor, so I'm against it to operate with that until the next disassembly of the reactor, when I will find a 200 99% pure nickel bar.

I do not know when will be the right time on the returns of experience?

Look for nickel to make all this redou to see that it's like this can become frustrating. Finally I want to change the entrfert and the shape of the rod, so I will use nickel, if it does not do better it should not hurt,
Pure nickel is less magnetic than iron, some stainless steel is not, or weakly magnetic, nickel and cobalt is very magnetic.

Andre
0 x
bob_isat

by bob_isat » 06/04/06, 15:47

I do not know, you've been in business longer than me.

Have you noticed better success between those who use nickel rods and others?
0 x
Other

by Other » 06/04/06, 17:22

Hello
Those who use stainless steel rods has differrent grade
that there are many, me first.
Those who walk with nickel series 200 should not be legion just to procure a bar of pure nickel
It is necessary to look for and yet I live in the country big producer of nickel, it remains an assembly of pieces of 10ç it are in pure nickel, the series of 1968 has 2000, the others it is of steel plated.
For 20 $ it makes a rod to the right diameter ... or almost.

Andre
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 08/04/06, 10:55

bob, your links on my column are all in English; I wanted to order but I could not order what I wanted, so I gave up.
Near my home I discovered a small company that works with aerospace, essentially reels of wire of aliages.
I will have an answer shortly for the rod that would be produced in Germany, the nickel 200 that I asked is concentrated to 99,6% the rest is iron and PPM other elements.
If this is not possible, because the eventuality persists, I will buy nickel slats and melted it with a powerful blowtorch to pour it into a mold and make a rod .. I do not tell you the job ..
For purists, if there are any, 100% pure nickel, the one used in some electrolyses, is the nickel 270
As said André, if we knew that it is really worth it, still need to know the alloys that work best? What would a mixture of cobalt with manganese in a nickel rod for the pantone give?
If the bar is available, I do not know how much it will cost me on the other hand, it starts to make a bundle of circles that I spend in research :|
Say that some have the title of developer and we hardly see them on the forumexcept to complain or criticize others.
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 08/04/06, 11:50

Well seen.
---------
Why melt nickel?
A thick sheet of nickel wound on an ordinary rod, and brazed, for bonding and joining. Then slightly rectified on the turn ... And you have a rod full of nickel ...
What matters is the contact with the reaction (catalyst).
I think, it must be possible to galvanize an iron rod, to make a veneer. The old + of 300 years), did it well to tackle gold ... With a battery of vinegar batteries, since 3 volts must be enough. Polishing, cleaning, degreasing, first layer of copper, then following, depending on the electropositivity of metals (nickel position?)
I met in February, an original industrial-builder of farm garden machinery; he also builds, incidentally, Pantones.
It uses for bubbler and reactor only stainless 310 (more than 50% nickel-chromium).
For the reactor rod: tungsten.
The metal scrap comes from businesses that work in Toulouse, for Aerospace.
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 08/04/06, 12:03

Hello
I spoke too fast.
Dominique the neon Chrysler guy answered me today for the question:
How to get hold of the nickel rod?
Answer:
At any supplier of stainless steel.
I type "nickel seller" on "yellow pages .fr" and I found lots of sellers of all kinds of metals near me but not specialized in nickel.
I send an email to a company I expect the answer.
Question:
Do you sell round nickel bar in 14mm for individuals?
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 08/04/06, 12:06

Thanks for the advice gegyx 8)
Your guy uses a tungsten rod and 310 tube (24% chrome and 19% nickel) ... for what results?
pit if you want nickel, specify exactly what you want, it exerts innumerable qualities.
for the moment Andrew is gone to install one, me it will not delay and now you. Imagine if we get stuck, we do not look con
: Shock:
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 08/04/06, 13:30

Oh yes, but that's where my system is good.
Because it is enough for me to shape a rod of 20cm long with 6 points of welds for the centering, a 15-21 steel plug and a piece of threaded rod of 3X150mm and the turn is played.
I can interchange in a few minutes my rods, 12x15mm steel, or 14x200mm stainless steel and soon nickel 14x200mm.
This is the interest of the removable rod. 8)
And I thank André again because it is by inspiring me of his editing that I could do that.
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 08/04/06, 14:12

About André, he says that a free stem gives better results than a centered rod.
I just tested a threaded rod and an iron wick with 2 notches at the bottom, last night I bought a bar of 2 m stainless steel downgraded, 18mm the weight for 16 €, I will rectify it to have a between iron to 0,5. What is the best compromise on diesel: 1mm or 0,5mm? result soon!

I just read: "In the oil industry, steam reforming consists of converting light hydrocarbon feedstocks into syngas (H2, CO, CO2, CH4, H2O) by reaction with steam. water on a catalyst nickel. This transformation takes place at high temperature (840 ° to 950 ° c) and at moderate pressure (20 to 30 bars). It can be followed by different operations that lead to the production of hydrogen or synthetic fuel. "
0 x

Go back to "Water injection in heat engines: information and explanations"