Search found 6 results

by touisk
05/01/09, 12:48
Forum : Hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ...
Subject : Thickness and strength of tempered glass
answers: 22
views: 40628

Thanks gegyx for sharing your experience. Reading you, I think you must have been disappointed with the resistance of safety glass. What really happened in the glass? There must be "internal stresses" in the glass that crack it to the point of failure. We support a bit too hard ...
by touisk
04/01/09, 23:12

As you say 1 to 2cm and hop for scrap. So take as much white glass as tempered glass. I don't think security would have stood up better.

To confirm.

Note: Even breaking glass means breaking a low-end glass no less resistant than the others in fact.
by touisk
04/01/09, 22:35

To tell the truth, I have indeed read that tempered glass (ie safety) is not much more resistant than conventional glass (white glass) but that it provides additional safety when it breaks. People do not risk being seriously injured because the fragments are small ...
by touisk
04/01/09, 21:08

Otherwise, given the current price of polycarbonate, I doubt that this will be an interesting choice. Indeed, given the price of polycarbonate, I prefer to use glass that does not yellowing (even if it can hold up well for more than 10 years). In my corner I have polycarbonate at 185 Eur / m2, safety glass ...
by touisk
04/01/09, 17:04

Hi Christophe Superb photo of your installation. I am surprised when you tell me that it is simple glass (ice cream as you say). If your installation is 20 years old, I understand better. I had an appriori on this simple glass, of 4mm moreover! Your signs are fixed. For mine, still in con ...
by touisk
04/01/09, 14:38

Thickness and strength of tempered glass

Hello, I am new and very interested in solar heating. After having browsed various sites concerning the self-construction of a solar panel, a few points remain unresolved. Especially since opinions differ on the choice of glazing: tempered glass or polycarbonate? Fire glass ...

Go Advanced search