Stirling engine at home

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 09/11/12, 10:21

Geronimodu92 wrote:What interests people here are practical examples with drawings, ribs, for a practical and exploitable realization.
In the links given, not a single drawing to make one !!
That's fine theory, so what do we do now?
Dédéleco, with all the knowledge you have, you could become very rich by building models for sale.
I put you in front of the done fact, made in a say of 1000 watts at an affordable price.
We are waiting.

This is complex, high level work with very recent industrial achievements, with patent and well-kept secrets, not only theory, and if you do not make the effort to understand the basics indicated as much on econology, who want to copy even precise plans, without understanding at all, you will only crash, because the ribs are enough no, thermoacoustics is not only mechanics, because almost nothing moves!

When you scorn the theory, that is, the understanding of reality, you despise tens of thousands of people, technicians, engineers and researchers who have established and verified this theory, which is a summary of their past work on dozens of years.

With this scorn, you have a very French disease, by reaction against the French scorn of all that is technical, that do not have the Germans, who realize better understanding the techniques and theories, essential to achieve.

Thermoacoustics is recent, although it could have been developed a century earlier, simply because it was only recently understood in detail !!

If you do not understand, even with plans and ribs to mm, you will only make gadgets, as there are plenty on youtube!

This scornful phrase:
That's fine theory, so what do we do now?

is to ask that you get the chestnuts fire, and that nobody will give you for achievements industrial very recent and patented!

let's say 1000 watts at an affordable price.

If I make one, you will not have the plans, given the complex design work of entire labs, which you totally despise and refuse to do !!

To copy a Stirling without understanding is doomed to the failure of a ridiculous yield, considering the crucial importance of the thermal exchanges in this yield, even with precise pistons and ribs !!!
0 x
Géronimodu92
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Géronimodu92 » 09/11/12, 10:44

I was expecting such an answer, impossible to talk to you without going off into a joke.
I throw in the towel.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 09/11/12, 13:33

Geronimodu92 wrote:I was expecting such an answer, impossible to talk to you without going off into a joke.
I throw in the towel.

Clearly, this is called waiting for someone to pull the chestnuts out of the fire, for thermoacoistic Stirlings currently being researched in entire laboratories, even military or NASA, so full of details secrets !!

There are easy gadgets, full on youtube, but at good performance, they are only indicated in scientific publications to read carefully to understand before realizing, which does not seem the principle of much on econology, typically French, which despise basic knowledge, who despise theory, and believe that one can copy without understanding, spreading in their contempt of the theory, their ignorance of the bases, which makes laugh about their errors sometimes, especially since they can not stand to be told what they should learn, eliminating those who try to explain to them !!!
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 09/11/12, 14:00

Geronimodu92 wrote:I was expecting such an answer, impossible to talk to you without going off into a joke.
I throw in the towel.

Here, you too realize it! ... : Evil:

Silence is the best answer that one can make to a being convinced of his physical and mental superiority with nothing provocative.
The only thing that can upset him is indifference.
So just do not read his tirades, so no longer answer.

Preacher in the desert it will tire him.

JC
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 09/11/12, 14:31

Some, very clearly, refuse to read and despise the knowledge of thousands of men, put in the links above, considered useless, by those who despise them, in an absurd way!

Who refuses to dialogue after reading the knowledge in these links, which I consider essential ???????

It's a bit strong to be accused of what you do first: a refusal by you, contemptuous, of any real dialogue, on the basis of this knowledge, in these links that you despise !!!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 09/11/12, 16:12

dedeleco stop to despise everyone!

is your goal to repel everyone and be the only one to answer?

for the one who wants to make a thermal engine, listen to dedeleco which shows you the most complicated solution and deals with stupidity one who does not understand at first blow the multitude of link that it gives ... it is desesperant

to obtain a resulat, it is better to look at the side of passionate model reduced steam! at least he build things, and show what he's doing on the net

alas the modelist makes a nice engine, but do not worry too much about performance: the main thing is that it works

but there are also some who have ideas about a forum which brings together people who have machining way
http://www.usinages.com/energies-renouv ... 48215.html

I think the steam engine is a better way to achieve an interesting result than stirling

first quality of the steam engine: it is easy to control the speed: so it can easily lead a normal alternator to make electricity independently

stirling is only controllable by heating, so reaction too slow it can only make the power to inject into a network, or to charge a battery

for the steam engine aa there are many books of all times: all practical information is there
0 x
Géronimodu92
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Géronimodu92 » 09/11/12, 18:24

Is not there a subject dealing with pathologies like self-persecution?
No time to lose with this guy.

at our level I specify:
To sum up, a steam engine requires expensive machining tools.
To build a Stirling, kind given in the links that I gave above, is possible if one is good handyman, arc welding, etc.
I am ready to go to Portugal next spring.
We take pictures, measure the ribs, etc.
The engine delivers 1 Kilowatt, sufficient in most cases.
If you have more complete info, you can compile everything here for a project.
A+

I no longer read Dédéléco's messages.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 09/11/12, 19:10

to make a good stirling it takes more machining than for a steam engine

with a steam engine the boiler and the condenser are only scrap soldering without precision: there is only the engine to realize in precise mechanics

in the stirling everything is mixed boiler piston condenser

expensive tool for machining? with a good old tower we can do most of the parts ... and we are not lost all alone in the desert ... there are people who know how to make beautiful pieces, but who do not know how to design a motor ... there is something to do if you do not stay alone in his corner

everyone complains about not finding any plan ready ... do you find any plans for a gasoline engine or an electric motor? ... we can at least dismount those who exist to see how they are done

for the steam, there is enough old book to see how it was done ... remains to invent one adapted to the current need ... kind 1KW mechanical power

has high pressure kind 20 bar and triple expension for a good performance

now that we are not afraid to run the engine much faster than in 1850, we can make a 1KW engine at 3000t / min that will be tiny: almost bigger than a gasoline engine with the same power

the disadvantage of the steam engine compared to the gasoline engine is not the weight of the engine alone: ​​it is especially the weight of the boiler: it requires a large area of ​​exchange between the lights and the water, and there is no miracle it must be big enough

so basically the steam boiler will be the size of a central wild boiler, and the steam engine will be like a small electro genset

I also work on stirling, but it's more complicated: the stirling engine must be adapted to the heat source: not at all the same to heat by a fire or to heat by a solar dish

the steam engine is indepandant of the heat source: the same engine can be used for all kinds of different boilers
0 x
Géronimodu92
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Géronimodu92 » 10/11/12, 01:21

It's still the same debate Steam - Stirling
The choice will be made according to the heat source:
If we want to do solar without concentration, it will be Stirling.
Otherwise Steam if concentrator.
If we choose this last case and in the case of amateur like us,
the turbine is essential for its simplicity.
That brings me back to 50 years ago: I was a marine engineer and I sailed 4 months on a Liberty Ship built during the last World War, the amerloc built hundreds of these ships at Turbine. Built in a hurry, nothing was air conditioned and under the equator we could have up to 48 degrees in the engine room. 2 HP and BP turbines and 2 huge steam boilers.
I did 1 trip and returned my apron.
I have since maintained a certain affection for the turbines. Light, compact, not too noisy and robust.
It takes a good gear to get to the speed of the propeller. 104 turns minutes to 17 nodes.
The old and some steam locomotives were equipped with a turbine to turn the food pump of the boiler instead of the water injectors not always reliable.
TESLA of his time had already patented the turbine.
This is what I would choose for a solar concentrator.
It's for you to see.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 10/11/12, 14:10

I'm also looking in the turbine, but still do not see a solution feasible low power

the only small turbine I saw is for the lighting of the steam locomotive ... turbine made a little like side channel pump: very bad performance ... acceptable because in a locomotive of a few thousand horses we do not care about the consomation of the lighting turbine

but these lightning turbine were too bad to serve as the main machine

the big stirling engine of the video is not bad, but it will not be easy to build either

I prefer the tiny piston of a small steam engine

I think a small steam engine will be sellable at a reasonable price, and easily transportable ... the large stirling engine of this video will be more expensive to manufacture and even more difficult to transport
0 x