Change car, wait or not?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 04/02/11, 14:13

Personally I drive in GPL.

I actually did it because at the price of fuel it is not very expensive (but rather high cons cons cons), and especially not to reject these micro particles ...

But good indeed, each fuel has its advantages / disadvantages
Last edited by moby25 the 04 / 02 / 11, 14: 21, 1 edited once.
0 x
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kumkat » 04/02/11, 14:20

moby25 wrote:Personally I drive in GPL.

I actually did it because at the price of fuel it is not very expensive (but rather high cons cons cons), and especially not to reject these micro particles ...

you can quantify your overconsumption? between 10 and 20%?

when micro particles I also emit by burning wood in my insert ... there's no miracle for that except to go nuclear
and I still prefer particles to waste ...
0 x
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 04/02/11, 14:25

At the price of km it is not super profitable. Diesels do better.

I make approx 11 / 12L in mixed. It's close to 10/11 if I'm only on the road.

Basically, the engine is not super sober either. It is a 1.8.
In essence it consumes about 8.5.

8,5 * 1,40 = € 11,9
12 * 0,74 = € 8,88

€ 4 less per 100km.

But after if there is a problem at the LPG level, the savings made are "canceled". A bit like a recent diesel ...
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 04/02/11, 15:36

kumkat wrote:To complete my point I am also against prius type hybrids, for me the gain brought by hybridization is completely eaten by the gray energy necessary for manufacturing and recycling, too many batteries, too complex, too fragile.

For the gray energy side, I don't know, but for the "too fragile" side, then the answer is here:
http://fr.autoblog.com/2011/01/30/toyota-est-il-fiable-t-v-dit-oui/ a écrit :Toyota received the TÜV Gold Badge for its Prius full hybrid at an award ceremony in Berlin on January 25.
[...]
In the latest report from the German association specializing in technical inspection, the Prius took first place in the two to three year old vehicle category with only 2,2% of vehicles inspected showing signs of malfunction.

And on the consumption side, there is frankly no photo with the gas that is cited! (-50%)
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kumkat » 04/02/11, 16:23

repeat the same study but taking 250.000 km vehicles ...
knowing that all the electrical system and the batteries are to be changed every 120.000 kms ...
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 04/02/11, 16:25

The problem is that fuels should be taxed not by the liter but by the KW of energy contained. Indeed 1L of diesel will be denser, containing more carbon than LPG and will provide more energy per liter.

So reasoning per liter is in my opinion inappropriate. If we want to reason in energy we should tax by KW and if we want to think in terms of ecology we should reason in the amount of CO2 released by the combustion of a liter of fuel.

All fuels would then balance with petrol because:

1L LPG = less dense, less CO2 therefore less expensive.
1L of diesel = denser more CO2 therefore more expensive.

It would be totally different but we would then display energy consumption of the vehicles (KW consumed per 100 km) and no longer volumetric consumption (L per 100 km) ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 04/02/11, 16:31

Whatever fuel you use will not have the same amount of energy needed to run a vehicle over 100km (?)

The only difference will then be the volume.
There will also remain the price of kw for each fuel.

There we will have a real comparison of cost per km, or kw rather
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 04/02/11, 16:33

kumkat wrote:repeat the same study but taking 250.000 km vehicles ...
knowing that all the electrical system and the batteries are to be changed every 120.000 kms ...

You shouldn't have such a priori ... They are false, very false ...

An example
http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110125/bc_olsen_prius_reliability_110125/20110125?hub=BritishColumbiaHome a écrit :Yellow Cab President Kulwant Sahota is proud to show off his fleet of hybrid vehicles. One of them has driven over a million kilometers and is still going strong.
[...]
The Pruis cab with over a million kilometers got a new battery at 700,000 kilometers

If there are more and more taxis who use them it is not by chance: they live by their car, then they are not going to take something unreliable, nor expensive to maintain!

700km with a battery! There are few who do that with their diesel! : Lol:
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 04/02/11, 17:34

oiseautempete wrote:According to a test published at the time on a German channel, the "famous" Polo 3l was very far from really allowing this consumption: none of the German journalists succeeded even by dragging themselves like a larva, and by adopting a behavior. "normal" the average consumption stood out above 5L / 100 ... Not terrible for a car which was sold nearly 2x more expensive than another, French, which actually consumed 4.5L / 100 on average (AX) with a obsolete technology (low pressure indirect injection with prechamber) ... but it seems that VW looks more chic than Citroën (...)
In addition, the current TDi, which are now common rail like all other modern diesels, consume more than the old "pump injectors" which were certainly a little more economical, but much noisier and not very environmentally friendly (not compatible Euro 4 and no DPF)

+1 storm bird
Ditto for the small Fiat 500 twin-cylinder in a Belgian newspaper of Dutch expression, they say that it eats twice as much as what the manufacturer claims ...
I have not seen any proposal concerning the formidable tri-cylinder of Daihatsu, nor the modern diesels and in particular the TDCI of Ford which are very fuel efficient ...

Meow, no, no, don't hit me! did not finish! (not yet)
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 04/02/11, 17:52

former oceanic wrote: No need to carry around a bass drum of more than a ton all year round for 2 weeks of vacation (in general a busy outward journey and a busy return journey, the rest of the holidays the car runs without a trailer).
Anyway put a credit on your back to show off in a new car ???

I "do so" a thousand times!

Why buy a new tire?
If you are not afraid to come to Belgium, I have an address where you can buy a tire at half price which will not be more than two years old and or 20.000km on the odometer!
A serious garage owner who sells secondhands for ages and is still correct with his customers? I have one !

I communicate the internet link to whoever wants it in MP.

Meow and by the way why not wait for electric cars?
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."