Homemade solar fruit dryer

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 31/05/09, 11:50

imagine your pipes horizontally

persé of a parameterized hole line

suction ventillo of one side and extraction of the other

it creates a vacuum cleaner (much less powerful)

above your tube you put a box with translucent lid

to create heat

the heat flushes the moisture which is to chase through the ventilation

the goal of the game is to chase moisture for dehydrated

in brief all the vectors filled
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 31/05/09, 12:15

Bonjour,
As for the dust, I do not know.I think that already depends if the entry is facing the wind or not.
Moreover if you put it on a concrete terrace rather than on a beach : Lol: there should be less dust.
When to the complication, in the south some have some kind of wooden cages with shelf put in the shade and the wind and the heat does the rest.
Just think of the laundry that is dehumidified on the dryer outside.

After that, I think all of you depend on what you dehydrate and how you will use it afterwards.
according to the site the dehydrated strawberries resume their shape is their taste after.me I have I will put some natural drying we have wind today.
a + claude
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 31/05/09, 14:31

recyclinage wrote:imagine your pipes horizontally

persé of a parameterized hole line

suction ventillo of one side and extraction of the other

it creates a vacuum cleaner (much less powerful)

above your tube you put a box with translucent lid

to create heat

the heat flushes the moisture which is to chase through the ventilation

the goal of the game is to chase moisture for dehydrated

in brief all the vectors filled

If I understand correctly what you describe, it gives a schematic:
(Thanks to pollux for the image of the fan).

If that's it, I see several disadvantages:
  • First, (again and again) the presence of the fans: why use a mechanical system that increases the complexity and risk of breakdowns when we can use the natural tendency of the air to rise when it heats up. Quit to help a little (see black paint on the pipe)
  • the phenomenon of aspiration of the horizontal tube towards the box has little chance of functioning since there is no entry of air into the box. In addition, the air flows (like those of electricity) are "lazy": they go through the path less congested. There is therefore little chance that the air will pass through the box if there is a direct path between the 2 fans.
  • It seemed to say that the direct radiation was not excellent for the fruits.
Your idea could probably work (modulo direct radiation) by simplifying and directly putting the fans on 2 opposite walls of the box and adjusting the flow so that the renewal does not prevent the heating of the air .

clasou wrote:Moreover if you put it on a concrete terrace rather than on a beach : Lol: there should be less dust.

Think again: there is (in my opinion) much more dust on a concrete slab than on a beach. The grains of sand, meanwhile are too lours to be carried by the simple convection along the greenhouse.
In addition, I looked at the time, it is not the mosquito net that I put at the low entrance of the greenhouse but curtain tulle. I think the meshes are fine enough to filter at least the biggest dust.

clasou wrote:When to the complication, in the south some have some kind of wooden cages with shelf put in the shade and the wind and the heat does the rest.
Just think of the laundry that is dehumidified on the dryer outside.

Indeed, for very hot climates, the sun and the thermal wind that it generates are enough to dry fruits. The idea was to propose a system that amplifies these natural phenomena in regions where they are weaker or for less sunny days.
That's why I plan to do measurements with a less sunny weather to see if the system works in a cloudy weather, for example. Today's measurements, as such, should be interesting because the weather is much more covered than yesterday.

In any case, on the first measurements this morning, it seems that the dryer side works relatively well because the moisture content in the empty dryer is much lower than in the outdoor air ...

The measures tonight or tomorrow.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 31/05/09, 17:11

1) a computer schematically more complicated to cool

breaks down after 4 years

and it's not ventilation problems

so I must deduce that a little technical check after 6 months of good weather is not too much to ask see almost useless but always good to take

I want to say that if you buy good quality products, you could live a life without maintenance

2)

suction will give like in a moped air box

has this ready that the point of aspiration would vary of power according to the position of the holes on the toyaux

aspiration it is indegnable and indisputable

even if we can fluctuate between the power per hole

enough to ventilate the moisture and think of a desiccating power

the problem does this break only for the drying time
0 x
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 31/05/09, 17:19

if the calculation is good

the greenhouse cause by the cover brings the heat to empty the intrinsic moisture to the plant and the ventilation to suck the one if

when I take the example of a ventillo ordi it is to prove the speed of release for another temperature

if we think that the temperature of this mini greenhouse is much lower

we pick up the pompom

no ?
0 x
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 31/05/09, 17:24

the radius is not direct because the greenhouse is of translucent tolle

neither lucid nor opaque

between the two

bring in heat from this window

and evacuate it through the ventilation

so in absolute light not direct

imagine yourself at the solarium with a ventillo and more

it's not wonderful?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 31/05/09, 22:02

I think that we should not try to reach too high temperatures: the proteins are "cracked" around 50 °, in the same way the vitamins are very sensitive to heat ...

From a theoretical point of view, it would be advantageous to leave cold air so as to take advantage of a larger thermal gradient, however it is impossible in the proposed configuration since the dryer can only work thanks to the sun. ..

It would be better to play on a rather rapid renewal of the air (the temperature is one of the factors of the drying, the volume of air, the second).

Let me explain: the absorption capacity of the humidity of the air increases at the same time as the temperature, if one wishes to limit this elevation, it leads to use a larger volume of air, thus increasing the flux.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 01/06/09, 12:20

I meant a cold box

but good by harvesting the pebbles we can make beautiful waterproof block

but at that moment you will necessarily need some light

(Edit Christine: deleted some unrelated messages)
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 01/06/09, 12:25

Freshness is not the problem,
but rather the thermal difference.

Fortunately, a great flow will fix it
and many fruits will dehydrate,
all to the taste of Messire Gaster.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."