Pads and wood granules (pellets). business creation?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 07/12/08, 11:51

to come back to the basic question, making charcoal by pyrolysis is a good way to improve the use of firewood:

in the factory: pyrolysis, manufacture of liquid fuel and electrical energy, and sale of pure charcoal even using reclaimed wood

then the charcoal burns in any boiler with a very good performance and without pollution

we could even burn charcoal without a chimney like oil heaters

well on this gas plant will have to sell charcoal much cheaper than that for the barbecue which is much too expensive
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 07/12/08, 11:58

It is sure that with biomass, we can produce many energy vectors (charcoal, combustible gas, oils ...) at the same time as electrical / heat cogeneration.

But fossil oil is still well established, not to mention nuclear in France :?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 07/12/08, 15:08

Remundo wrote:Hi Did67,

Stückholz: wood in pieces (chips)

At least on this point, trust me. I first spoke Alsatian, then learned French, my first foreign language ...

I wrote it but you don't want to see, or what?

Stückholz = logs !!!! (literally: pieces of wood) ...

The pads are unfortunately not in this comparison. I don't think that there is, on average, a huge difference with logs, for felling, transport (this is still "wet" wood), except grinding more. And the last time we shredded medium branches (a few centimeters maximum), there was a 130 horsepower tractor at the end of the machine. And I guarantee you, he was snoring !!! Don't make me think it was good for the CO² balance.

For your info, platelets say "Hackgut".

I don't want to spend my life in front of the computer, but on occasion, I will search for data that I had ...

And: I am not against the pads !!!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 07/12/08, 15:12

Did67 wrote:
These are CO² emissions in kg / MWh, including the whole chain of production / delivery. On the left, the logs, then pellets, then fuel, then gas then electricity (in Germany, therefore little nuclear therefore electricity from fossil energy).

I correct myself: logs, then pellets, then natural gas then fuel then electricity (in Germany, produced essentially from fossil fuels).

For tank gases, the results would probably be worse. However, all those who have opted for pellets are not necessarily connected to natural gas.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 07/12/08, 15:55

Remundo wrote:Burn wood, pellets or not, it rejects lots of CO2, soot and volatile organic compounds ...

For the absolute atmospheric cleanliness, there is the electricity (80% nuke in France), or to curl the loaves : Cheesy:
Except that the combustion of pellets is much better for various and varied emissions (excluding CO2, obviously, but it is a short cycle ...) than other modes of using wood ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 07/12/08, 16:16

Did67 wrote:
Remundo wrote:Hi Did67,

Stückholz: wood in pieces (chips)

At least on this point, trust me. I first spoke Alsatian, then learned French, my first foreign language ...

I wrote it but you don't want to see, or what?

Stückholz = logs !!!! (literally: pieces of wood) ...
[...]
But finally Did, you still don't know that when Raymond says something, it's the Absolute truth ? : Lol: : Wink:

Joking aside, I had not read what you said when I made my post, but I see that we are on the same wavelength ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 07/12/08, 16:23

@ Did67 wrote:
And the last time we shredded medium branches (a few centimeters maximum), there was a 130 horsepower tractor at the end of the machine. And I guarantee you, he was snoring !!! Don't make me think it was good for the CO² balance.

The transformation of wood into logs seems to consume little energy: cutting, splitting, handling, sawing to length of use, but generally has low productivity.

On the contrary, the production of wafers uses more substantial engines, but with significant productivity * and less handling. What about the balance sheet?

We should not rely on an isolated example to draw hasty conclusions: for branches of a few centimeters, a 60 hp engine is more than enough (the autonomous mulchers of pruners are even more weakly motorized).

If the engine of this 130 hp "hummed", it was because it was set to a speed far too high for this job; one hypothesis would be that this regime was adopted to avoid the jamming which occurs preferentially with the smallest diameters: by proceeding in this way the speed of rotation of the blades of the grinder ejector is increased (needless to say that this is not the good solution).

In addition, it is good to specify that there are notable differences of output between the various models of shredders, because many were conceived at a time when the fuel consumption was very little taken into account.
It was fundamentally a bad approach, since in terms of energy production, the ratio between what we consume and what we produce is decisive (whatever the price of fuel).

* This productivity would increase even with the power used.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 07/12/08, 16:35

Ahmed wrote:[...] We must not rely on an isolated example to draw hasty conclusions: for branches of a few centimeters, a 60 hp engine is more than enough (the autonomous mulchers of pruners are even more weakly motorized) . [...]
In the Comcomm 'next to mine, the shredding of green waste from individuals is done with an independent wheeled crusher of 65 hp. It is very recent (is it modern in design? I would try to find the model).
I don't know if it is suitable for producing "platelets" but it does not accept branches with a very large diameter, I would say around 5 to 7 cm.
I think the order of idea of ​​power given by Did is good. Now, we should see the consumption, reported to the MAP for example.
0 x
bpval
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by bpval » 07/12/08, 16:42

Oh twist again

Image Reminder for thirsty dunces
This is MAP Image

Hello
0 x
PIF PAF POUM
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 07/12/08, 17:33

Mbe-cube aparent of placquers, "unit" apparently used by sellers of forest biomass to burn ...
0 x