hydraulic ram pump: design and manufacture home

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
didier33420
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by didier33420 » 22/03/15, 09:21

Hello . To answer "rabbit", I use balls from piston pumps to make the shock valve and not the AR valve. These balls are in semi flexible pvc with metal core. They can also be used to make an AR. My rams are made of stainless steel. The ball seat is made of brass and is replaceable. All this is given on the link to my videos above. For stainless steel balls, I think it should not be complicated to find, because they equip a lot of system (non-return valves of diaphragm metering pumps) The problem, as I said on my previous post, is the lack of "dynamism" of French commerce !!! I think we have to turn to Italy !! Or, buy a ready-made ball check valve. The problem with stainless steel balls is that you need a soft seat. It seems to me that the opposite as I do, and simpler to implement. I have found rubber check valve balls in Italy. Very interesting price (1 €) I have unfortunately never managed to agree on the terms of payment with the seller !!! Too bad, he did not ask me to buy him a complete palette like in France !!! For my part, I make the AR valves with a simple sheet of silicone exactly like on old rams or Walton rams. As I say on my other post, pay attention to the design of the AR valve, it's huge the influence it has on the efficiency of a ram !!! For more information or to contact me you can go through my site: www.belier-inox.fr
Hi everybody ...
Didier
0 x
didier33420
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by didier33420 » 22/03/15, 09:25

well, i answered, and my answer is gone !!! I don't understand anything about it forum !!! Sorry, I drop ...

No !!! I get it !!! You had to go to the next page !!! Well, my answer is very present !!!
Good day to all ....
Didier
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 22/03/15, 13:29

Thank you for the link.

I saw the belier Bouboule work on youtube. Really very well done your rams, it's tough. If you sell it, it would be nice to have the prices.

As for the ball, why is there an axis above the ball? is it just to take it off? If you do not put this axis, the ball, does it not stick?
0 x
didier33420
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by didier33420 » 22/03/15, 15:32

Hello . "Rabbit" (fortunately my nickname is not "wolf" !!!) The rod on the ball is used to put weights (washers) A ball has a fixed weight. A ram depending on the configuration of the installation requires precise "calibration" of the valve in terms of weight and opening. The opening is adjusted by the adjustment screw under the ball and the weight by the washers that are added or removed on the rod. As on a traditional ram valve !!! Others prefer a spring ... The spring is more efficient than the weights, but it is one more wearing part !!! So against my philosophy: robustness and simplicity !!! For other questions, go through my site, there is a contact form ....
Good Sunday ...
Didier
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 22/03/15, 15:46

Precisely what appeals to me is that there are no washers on the rod. Or maybe its weight is enough?

What is the diameter of the ball and what is the diameter of the piece in which it slides?

Another small question, what is the displacement of the ball?

Tonight I will try to make a shema of what I have been thinking. It will be my pleasure to have your opinion. Maybe you could even take inspiration from it.

Thank you for your reply. The ram pump is a fascinating subject.
0 x
didier33420
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by didier33420 » 22/03/15, 16:13

The diameter of the ball is 35 mm. It is a ram in 26x34. So, a passage of 26 mm in diameter. I calculate the area of ​​the ball (rxrx3,14). I calculate the passage area of ​​26 mm in the same way. I add the two, this gives me the inner surface of the shock valve body. I do the reverse operation to find the diameter of the body. If I fall on 41,3 the rounding to 42 mm. It's no coincidence, I've been working on rams for over 15 years !!! It's too long to explain here !!! The displacement of the ball is adjustable, I explain it on my video !!! I put 2 cm to be quiet but, once adjusted we must be around 8 to 12 mm !!! I repeat, it depends on the configuration of the installation: height of fall and discharge !!! I am only a passionate amateur, but I am lucky to have in my hands a work by a French engineer that he wrote in 1950: Le bélier Hydraulique by H. Renaud. He calls this machine by its real name: "hydraulic ram" and not "ram pump" A ram is not a pump !!! it is a lifting machine !!! You have to call a spade, a spade !!! This is not a criticism, but why want to change the name of things? Montgolfier who is the inventor gave it the name of "BELIER" why want to change it?
Ha !!! I am a moaner !!! you will not change me !!! But, well, I calm down quickly !!!!
See you soon .
Didier
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 22/03/15, 17:03

Thank you for these data.

I will try to get M Renaud's book.

While searching for it on the net I came across this thesis: http://www.google.be/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=& ... usZMkJ8fEg

It seems interesting to me.

I noticed that you made a conduit embedded in the concrete. From what I could understand, it is about a 5.2 M conduit.
In view of your experience, could this pipe have been made with a reinforced pvc pipe (socarex), embedded in concrete of course?

I am interested in aries as much for its apparent simplicity as because a source flows on our land 500 meters from the house. the usable drop would be + - 6 m but the slope distance is 50 m to obtain this drop. Currently the source flow is 1 m² / 40 min. but fell to zero early August.
The water should be pumped up 20 m high and 500 m away from the hydraulic ram. If I can harvest 200 liters a day, I would be more than happy.
0 x
didier33420
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by didier33420 » 22/03/15, 18:29

Your source when it is at its maximum flow allows you to feed a ram in 26x34. To easily raise water to 20 meters a drop of 2,5 meters is enough. the delivery length does not matter. So you need a battery hose 12 to 15 meters long. If you cannot obtain this drop value of 2,5 m over this distance of 12 to 15 meters, you need a balance chimney or a recovery tank (see my site) I can give you more details if you contact me using the contact form on my site (www.belier-inox.fr ) A pvc coil? why not ? In polyethilene it seems simpler, but hey ... I think that given what you explain to me a coil will not be useful. I told you, contact me, we will find a solution.
For H.Renaud's book, it seems to be unavailable for sale !!! It can be viewed in three libraries in France. I cannot put it online because, I think it risks being protected by copyright.
Good night.
Didier
0 x
didier33420
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by didier33420 » 22/03/15, 18:59

Here is a sketch.
0 x
didier33420
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by didier33420 » 22/03/15, 19:32

and another . Well, I'll tell you everything !!!!!

0 x