Change boiler full of questions

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 10/04/08, 15:26

funny, that!
how do they manage to spit out a torch flame from small pieces of wood?
is it the fan that does everything?
I saw on a pellet stove a heating resistance for ignition (with full fan), then the fan is adjusted according to a lambda / oxygen sensor at the output ...

curious !
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 10/04/08, 15:38

Well all the information is good to take so I go read it now : Mrgreen:

Thank you
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 18/05/08, 13:17

I will come back to tell you about the progress of the work.

My husband therefore broke the bread oven which is located at the back of our boiler room in order to build a silo for the pellets.
A little unexpected thing is slipping into the site because he thought that the walls would be independent of the oven but this is not the case so we had to improvise so as not to have to drop everything (otherwise we end up with delay too long since he can only work there during the WE and the evening) but hey that's it he has to find his solution
: Mrgreen:
I took pictures since the beginning of the work I will try to put them online, it gives an idea of ​​the impressive amount of pebbles that had to be taken out of there.

And in our area we are 5 families who have taken the step to install a pellet boiler.

I also received the agreement of the DDE and the town hall for the installation of the solar panels on the roof. We will be the first in our village : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 18/05/08, 13:31

Here is our current boiler, a Chappé which still works very well : Cheesy: and who is for sale : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
And its pretty tank
The room seen from the outside

Come on let's break

And here is the zhom happy with his work : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

I did another photo this morning of the "reassembly" because that is the demolition phase being finished, zhom attacks the development;

Good Sunday. @ soon. Helen
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 18/05/08, 16:53

Pear Belle Helene wrote:... when installing a pellet burner on our current boiler I don't see how it can work because burning fuel oil is really different I think.
The design of the interior of the boiler Okofen does not look like my fuel boiler at all ... yes yes I have already been put my nose in behind the heating engineer when he was doing the overhaul : Mrgreen: But good may be that a very very good handyman could do it.

The basic principle is the same, a flame burns and the fumes pass through an exchanger to transfer the heat from the gases to the water.
The difference is in the cleaning. in fact, an oil-fired boiler does not clog much and an annual cleaning is sufficient. A wood fire, even in the form of pellets, clogs significantly more, hence the need to clean more often or the performance will drop. Basically once every 2 months. The Ökofen are self-cleaning: in the exchanger tubes there are springs that an actuator tightens and relaxes to make them scrape the walls. They also have an ash and dirt container which is missing in a fuel boiler that will have to be emptied manually (vacuum cleaner or brush).
So in summary, Ökofen = 1 annual interview
Modified fuel boiler = maintenance every 2 months
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 19/05/08, 08:59

first, congratulations on your choice: pellet + solar.
Personally, I had made quotes but I was so sickened by the prices for a solar water heater that I only made the pellet boiler (which I am very happy with). I think I would make the solar water heater in self-construction with material from the APPER association.
For your silo, after having had the plan, I see the photos and I would like to add a little advice or two.

the granulate hates water. given your room with the tiles visible from the inside of the room I could not advise you enough to make the existing roof perfectly water-proof. Personally, I put a film under the roof. it forces you to decurl, remove the battens, but that seems essential to me. As this film is sold in large sizes, I put on the belt and the suspenders: I put another layer of film under the rafters and then I attached a waterproof (green) placo under the rafters. Result, it gives me a good ceiling in the silo (essential).
In the same vein, a door worthy of the name is absolutely necessary; not that I do not appreciate the very rustic doors of your lean-to. If you want to keep them, you will have to find a well-sealed door system in the event of heavy rain.
Also, keep a height from the ground. in the photos the floor looks level from the outside. it will be necessary to make a small chappe of 5 to 7 cm. It is true that the floor of the silo will also be a little higher than this screed (another ten cm above)
Also think about the maintenance access around the boiler because as I had seen on the map (confirmed by the photos) the room is narrow.

Come on, courage and good work
0 x
Click my signature
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 19/05/08, 10:00

So the repair of the roof is planned :D no worries on that side.

For the slab this will be enhanced because it is necessary to catch up with the level of the already existing slab on the boiler side.

The outer door will stay that way, but inside there will be another one that will be watertight.

For access around the boiler I suppose my heating engineer has planned everything : Idea: because there it is he who installs.

Thanks for the advice. @ more.
0 x
alex 971
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by alex 971 » 07/06/08, 22:31

hello, sorry c my 1st time on a forum, it took me a long time to find or write my question
I am looking for help with a plumbing or elec problem;

I connected a shurflo pump in 12V; it takes water from a cistern under the house and distributes it;

it jerks when there is only 1 open tap; it works well if there are 2 open taps in cold water; if c with hot water (supplied by a gas water heater ) it makes jerks
Thank you for your help
0 x
alex
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 07/06/08, 22:36

Good evening Alex,

to ask your question you must click on "new" at the bottom of the page and put a title then ask the question in the large box and then post.

I want to send your question in the right section if you do not succeed. It is true that the first times on forums are not always obvious.

Good night. Hélène
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 12/06/08, 14:51

@pear beautiful helene.
Since you are in the middle of fitting out your silo, I have just found two photos that can give you ideas for the storm door and the false floor (to raise the height of the center of the worm)
Complete file here: https://www.econologie.com/silo-stockage ... -3620.html

good continuation
0 x

Click my signature