Mounting electric scooter system on mountain bike vae?

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 01/05/07, 22:38

On the scooters recovered there is no accelerator just an inter on / off !!!
I don't feel like running on / off on a bike ...
I have to think again ...

While searching the net, I found many (new) motors similar to mine but from 250 to 600w.
I mostly found BRUSHLESS motors with integrated controller from 300 to 500w for prices (excluding shipping) from $ 40 to $ 90. For control, simply connect the 3 control wires to a 5k ohm potentiometer or a dedicated control.
0 x
baldarchi
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by baldarchi » 02/05/07, 09:17

Hello PP!
:?: Please, can you tell us more?
How do you attach the washing machine pulley wheel?
Adapting the scooter circuit?
cordially
0 x
baldarchi
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by baldarchi » 02/05/07, 09:18

:!:
I had not seen your answers.
Thousand excuses
0 x
PP
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by PP » 02/05/07, 20:59

on the Moxi tays scooter, there is an accelerator at the handle. After on / off with a soft start, it should be able to be done (see nlc) ... I also saw these engines. 300W is beyond what is authorized, it is true that it can be practical ... but we get out of recovery scooter and it must be difficult to recover energy from braking ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 03/05/07, 22:00

PP wrote:on the Moxi tays scooter, there is an accelerator at the handle. After on / off with a soft start, it must be able to be done (see nlc) ... but we get out of recovery scooter and it must be difficult to recover energy from braking ...

Ah! Can we recover energy by "braking electrically"? :?:

I am afraid that the battery is discharged, the engine will overly brake the bike ...

Finally I do not know what reduction to adopt.
My motor consumes 100w is announced for 2200 rpm.
What bike speed should I choose for 2200 engine revolutions? :?:
0 x
PP
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by PP » 04/05/07, 13:54

Ah! Can we recover energy by "braking electrically"? Question

Yes, it suffices to run the engine as a generator by putting an electrical charge (e.g. resistance) across its terminals. This is how TGV brakes. To recharge the batteries, it's a bit more complicated, but the principle is the same.

I am afraid that the battery is discharged, the engine will overly brake the bike ...

Yes, friction on a brushed motor is far from negligible and when the battery is discharged, it is the calves that suffer. However no mistake: the electric braking that I plan to install is triggered on request. It is not something permanent! The idea is to brake, but to recover some of the kinetic energy rather than dissipating it in the skates. It increases the range of all electric vehicles, especially in the city.

Finally I do not know what reduction to adopt.
My motor consumes 100w is announced for 2200 rpm.
What bike speed should I choose for 2200 engine revolutions? Question

My choice was quite pifometric : Cheesy: but the idea was to run the engine at nominal speed when I drive at the desired average speed. However, it should not be forgotten that with only 100W it will be necessary to pedal anyway to have an honorable speed. By changing the reduction from this first approach you can either favor a better torque at low speed at the cost of a lower max speed or have a higher max speed provided you add the necessary torque to the hock .

According to the data that I have the nominal speed "rated speed", it is the speed where the mechanical power supplied is the most important (here 100W). this is not necessarily the point of best performance ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 06/05/07, 15:25

:?: PP, can you remind me of your reduction ratio and your top speed ...
I suppose that when you exceed the speed of rotation of the motor (determined by the supply voltage) you should feel a drop in assistance or braking ...
When the necessary torque, especially at start-up, it depends on the intensity supplied ... right?
0 x
bisso
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by bisso » 10/04/09, 15:11

Hello
: Mrgreen:

I am interested in your subject
to start, I just got a 24V, 14A motor and a power of 250 I am doing the control circuit myself, a PWM signal with a 16F84 peak, which can provide me with the command for my motor
the motor will be mounted at the rear on the ring holder, which is in turn connected to a hub recovered from a bicycle, this to have the freewheel system. the motor and hub assembly is mounted on the ring holder, which is in turn connected to the bicycle hub through a chain.
so if I don't need engine assistance, the freewheel system of the recovered hub prevents it from turning
I think this is the best solution : Cheesy:

cordially
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 10/04/09, 16:32

hi bisso,

I think there are many of us who have either tried or want to try a solution of this style.
Your approach in manufacturing the drive interests me even if I wonder.
Why manufacture the variator when that of the scooter is suitable?
where are you located
0 x
Click my signature
bisso
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by bisso » 10/04/09, 16:47

hi dirk pitt

I must admit, I am a student and my end of studies project consists in designing a VAE. so I adapted an effort sensor mounted on the pedal. and I am designing the control part, and I planned a lcd display which displays the different information.
at the moment I am programming my PIC, the circuit will be ready to work for another week I hope : Cheesy:

cordially
0 x