Leroy Sommer direct current hydroelectric generator

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Leroy Sommer based hydroelectric generator with direct current

by sicetaitsimple » 17/03/24, 15:53

In my humble opinion, given the first video, the buckets enter the lower basin a little early, which "brakes" the wheel. Wouldn't there be a way to lower the level a little (we can't see if there is a threshold downstream)?
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 17/03/24, 18:40

jihem wrote:https://acloud4.zaclys.com/index.php/s/TKcSj4etp3T4x45
I'm going to do it next time with a tachometer and current clamp.
It looks like a demonstration by Léon Raoul Hatem : Mrgreen:
We see that the generator starts at a certain speed of the drill.

Before considering purchasing an inverter, do the same test with the generator in real life and measure voltage and also current in the halogen lamp, to deduce the useful power.

You risk being surprised and I fear that the turbine will suffer as soon as the generator starts, if the speed is sufficient.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 18/03/24, 18:08

izentrop wrote:
We see that the generator starts at a certain speed of the drill.

Before considering purchasing an inverter, do the same test with the generator in real life and measure voltage and also current in the halogen lamp, to deduce the useful power.

You risk being surprised and I fear that the turbine will suffer as soon as the generator starts, if the speed is sufficient.

Indeed, it is even necessary to carry out the test with a drill and tachometer to determine the minimum speed of the generator allowing sufficient voltage to be generated in order to determine the necessary multiplication ratio.
Then, we have already talked about the power that will be generated and indeed there is a risk of unpleasant surprises.
0 x