Leroy Sommer direct current hydroelectric generator

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Remundo

Re: Leroy Sommer based hydroelectric generator with direct current

by Remundo » 21/02/24, 21:13

we can make the screw with pieces of plastic, but the helicoid is mechanically discontinuous at each turn. In fact, it won't be very robust in the long term.

On the other hand, it would be necessary to do 3D printing, even if it means fitting the helicoids onto a metal axis.
0 x
jihem
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jihem » 21/02/24, 22:21

Thank you for all your answers,
For the height of fall in relation to the buckets it is a little adjustable; But the installation location is at my son's house 300km away, I don't have the time to do tests whenever I want. From this weekend we are installing the current structure with the old wheel to take the last measure which will allow us to complete the gear reduction during the summer.
As for the power I was hoping for a little more, I took the old formula P=Cw well hidden in my memory so with 30rpm and buckets of around 3L, I obtained ~90W.
In any case it's launched, we'll see...
Please don't respond with lots of exclamation points, I saw too many while browsing the forum and that doesn't help anyone.
Everyone has a part of knowledge that others do not know, and that is why we progress.

PS: at the beginning I thought of the Vortex solution https://www.vortexhydro.com/ but the smallest does not fit into a classic monk in Ø100 nozzles with the boards.
3 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 21/02/24, 22:52

sicetaitsimple wrote:
izentrop wrote:The most efficient turbine at low altitude is the Archimedes screw, which can be produced inexpensively with the means at hand...
I have some doubts about the lifespan of the machine...
It was for the quick demo, some YouTubers make crates of it, show him the essentials.
He didn't make the connection between the propeller sections, it's not the most difficult, there are other videos which show it more precisely.

For those who are equipped to weld steel, Mr Construction has also built a more robust model...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 21/02/24, 23:40

Thank you for returning
jihem wrote:the old formula P=Cw so with 30rpm and buckets of around 3L, I obtained ~90W.
The formula is Head of fall (m) X flow (m3/s) X 9.81
For the efficiency of a small generator, you should not count on more than 50%.

For 90 W, a drop of 1 m: 0.18 / 9.81, would require a flow rate of approximately 18 l/second https://www.france-hydro-electricite.fr ... 9-mail.pdf

The screw from the previous video, it announces a power of 15 - 20 W

Good luck for the future : Wink:
Last edited by izentrop the 21 / 02 / 24, 23: 54, 1 edited once.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 21/02/24, 23:45

izentrop wrote:The formula is Head of fall (m) (M3 / s) X 9.81 X efficiency = power (kW)

for such small installations, the flow rate must preferably be expressed in kg / s, which for water amounts to counting the L/s and the power in Watt(W)
2 x
NCSH
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by NCSH » 22/02/24, 10:32

izentrop wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:
izentrop wrote:The most efficient turbine at low altitude is the Archimedes screw, which can be produced inexpensively with the means at hand...
I have some doubts about the lifespan of the machine...
It was for the quick demo, some YouTubers make crates of it, show him the essentials.
He didn't make the connection between the propeller sections, it's not the most difficult, there are other videos which show it more precisely.

For those who are equipped to weld steel, Mr Construction has also built a more robust model...

Doubts about the lifespan of the machine?

We must still remember that Holland lived dry for several centuries thanks to endless screws driven by windmills...
They didn't have to replace them every week!

And yet, everything was made of wood...
Tree trunks...
Last edited by NCSH the 22 / 02 / 24, 10: 56, 1 edited once.
0 x
To discover the parallel universe of non-fossil carbon energy carriers, take the time to browse (15 min) the website NCSH : http://www.ncsh.eu/language/fr/energie-et-matiere/
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 22/02/24, 10:38

To make an Archimedes screw at a lower cost, look for old grain screws at the agris...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 22/02/24, 11:02

NCSH wrote:
izentrop wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:I have some doubts about the lifespan of the machine...

Doubts about the lifespan of the machine?

We must still remember that Holland lived dry for several centuries thanks to endless screws driven by windmills...

And yet, everything was made of wood...
Tree trunks...

yes, doubts about the lifespan of the machine as manufactured in the video posted at 19:11 p.m.
It is of course not the principle of Archimedes' screw that I question....
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 22/02/24, 11:39

An advantage of the auger is that small fish can pass through it smoothly (grid).
NCSH wrote:We must still remember that Holland lived dry for several centuries thanks to endless screws driven by windmills...
It’s clear that sustainability is not the main thing in these videos.
This one, with the mechanism out of the water, scientifically optimized (by a company that no longer seems to exist) should last longer.
1 x
jihem
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jihem » 17/03/24, 14:22

Hello,

We tried to assemble the new structure, to take the dimensions of the concrete work to be done.
https://acloud4.zaclys.com/index.php/s/NdnGSfeGK3sdXW6
and I tested the generator with a halogen lamp, the filaments are increasingly rare...
https://acloud4.zaclys.com/index.php/s/TKcSj4etp3T4x45
I'm going to do it next time with a tachometer and current clamp.

But I wanted to have your opinion on the use of this type of output inverter to obtain alternating current.
https://www.senetic.fr/product/S3300-G2?tduid=5f8eb1c88b122cae5328b96120d4279a&utm_source=tradedoubler&utm_medium=cps&utm_term=3202601
It fits well into the casing being made.
I only plan to purchase it once the power measurements have been taken on site.
0 x