Shower water to supply toilet

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
olivierdu33
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Shower water to supply toilet

by olivierdu33 » 19/09/23, 17:44

thanks for these informations,
I will therefore see how I can do this project...but I will not hide from you that the arguments odors, bacteria, inconveniences.... :( :( : Oops:
that you have put forward are cooling me more and more, I had just taken into account the fact that the water was soapy and without hair....following the filtration.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 19/09/23, 18:20

I actually think that apart from the purely hydraulic aspects, there are certainly more vicious traps in this type of system, even if its "econological" objective is beyond doubt.
You would need to find a site with people who have already implemented it, which does not seem to be the case here.
Good luck in any case.
1 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 19/09/23, 18:51

To do this correctly, it would be necessary to measure the turbidity and/or conductivity of the water leaving the shower, and only keep the least dirty water via a bypass valve.
1 x
olivierdu33
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by olivierdu33 » 20/09/23, 19:10

Forhorse wrote:To do this correctly, it would be necessary to measure the turbidity and/or conductivity of the water leaving the shower, and only keep the least dirty water via a bypass valve.

if I start doing this, I'm going to apply to join ISS.... : Idea:
thank you for your answers, unfortunately I will review my copy.....and probably just feed with rainwater

if I put 2 220l cans outside connected in series on the D20 copper pipe over 20m, then the filters, my 12v pump, and the pressure switch at the inlet of the 2WC water tank....it should work .
but a 2nd network is required for periods when the tanks are empty
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 20/09/23, 20:16

olivierdu33 wrote:but a 2nd network is required for periods when the tanks are empty

Yes, be careful, a small study must be carried out using the precipitation data available at the nearest weather station and the collecting roof surface to assess the reasonably recoverable potential.

Around 400l is not huge for 4 people, even if used only for flushing toilets. And precipitation is unfortunately often very irregular.
Sorry for being annoying...
But for a long time I had around 700l of storage and 80m2 of roof space, just to water a small vegetable garden, there are still a lot of times when it's either empty or overflowing! But actually the use was different, we don't water all the time, whereas we normally go to the toilet quite regularly throughout the year!
The first thing to do in my opinion would be to quantify your daily flushing water needs for the 4 of you.
A slate and chalk next to the door of each toilet! :D
0 x
olivierdu33
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by olivierdu33 » 21/09/23, 14:22

I really like the idea of ​​the slate and chalk : Lol: : Lol:
I'm going to think about the project, and how to do it and come back to talk about the new project

thank you all for your help and advice
0 x
olivierdu33
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by olivierdu33 » 26/09/23, 20:52

I just saw nano membrane filters on AliExpress with flow rate 2000L/H
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/10050046 ... pt=glo2fra
Do you think this is a solution to my project?
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 26/09/23, 22:55

Given the lifespan of an ultrafiltration membrane, and given its price (even on AliExpress) I think it will never be profitable.
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 27/09/23, 12:19

olivierdu33 wrote:Do you think this is a solution to my project?

I also think it's not really suitable.
Type “rainwater filter on” Google, you will certainly find simpler solutions designed for.
1 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 02/10/23, 20:16

Especially since now, according to the decrees, even rainwater is almost prohibited! It sucks, I know, but it happens...
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock: