For "ceusses" who have doubts about the consumption of an VE...

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: For "ceusses" who have doubts about the consumption of an EV...

by Forhorse » 09/06/23, 16:48

Remundo wrote:
A Supercharger is around 100 kW, already with a deluge of copper, huge Lithium pack and other generous EDF connections... And beware of him if he wants to charge several cars at the same time!...

It's so complicated that even Total Energies can do it...
StationTotalEnergies.jpg
StationTotalEnergies.jpg (152.15 KiB) Viewed 1049 times

StationTotalEnergiesMetzStPrivat.jpg
StationTotalEnergiesMetzStPrivat.jpg (126.03 KiB) Viewed 1049 times
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 09/06/23, 17:19

Forhorse wrote:
Remundo wrote:A Supercharger is around 100 kW, already with a deluge of copper, huge Lithium pack and other generous EDF connections... And beware of him if he wants to charge several cars at the same time!...

Indeed, even if it retains a lot of "truth", Remundo's observation has nevertheless aged a little in "ten years", he tells us. The physics haven't changed, that's for sure.
But, at least to my knowledge, the performance of fast terminals has evolved considerably.
The initial concept of Tesla superchargers, with a terminal for two vehicles, first come first served, the second seeing its charge limited to what the charge of the first allowed until the latter leaves, has to my knowledge disappeared on new installs. It seemed like a very good idea to me.
In short, it is not easy to see clearly, but it is certain that the development of the EV, as soon as it exceeds the current target of the consumer capable of recharging at home 90% of the time, will be very dependent on the equipment in fast terminals .
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 09/06/23, 18:50

sicetaitsimple wrote:The initial concept of Tesla superchargers, with a terminal for two vehicles, first come first served, the second seeing its charge limited to what the charge of the first allowed until the latter leaves, has to my knowledge disappeared on new installs. It seemed like a very good idea to me.

Complement: there may be a limitation of the overall power (all terminals combined) delivered by these new charging stations, which would amount to the same thing. Maximum power per terminal available in the event of low use, reduction of the power available per terminal in the event of high use.
But honestly I don't know.
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 09/06/23, 19:20

Forhorse wrote:
Remundo wrote:
A Supercharger is around 100 kW, already with a deluge of copper, huge Lithium pack and other generous EDF connections... And beware of him if he wants to charge several cars at the same time!...

and you think that each terminal swings more than 300 kW.

At home too I have 30 sockets, but they cannot deliver 3000 W each at the same time as the others.
1 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 09/06/23, 20:28

Remundo wrote:and you think that each terminal swings more than 300 kW.

Maybe not currently, but it's definitely planned for when the need arises.
But even if it is possible on half of these, it is already more than your assertion.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 09/06/23, 21:31

you have you.

And terminals in clusters of 10 to 300 kW each, there are as many as gas pumps, surely...

All 80% nuclear here : roll: .

I was told that the EV is an ecological thing.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 09/06/23, 22:26

Remundo wrote:I was told that the EV is an ecological thing.

Well no, "not really" ...
1 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 09/06/23, 23:22

Remundo wrote:
I was told that the EV is an ecological thing.

fallacy of the perfect solution.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 10/06/23, 08:28

That said, don't believe that everyone who drives an EV does it because they think it's "green"
A good part of electromobilists must give a damn about ecology!
When you're green, you don't travel by car, and certainly not in a 2-ton tank...

Without wanting to generalize about my case, I would say that many of those who drive an EV do so simply because they like electric driving (performance, flexibility, facilities, etc.) and if, as a bonus, it's a bit less bad for the environment and the health of our fellow citizens then so much the better.
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 10/06/23, 08:51

I agree.

Personally I find that the 100% EV is perfect in urban and rural areas, say up to 250 km of autonomy. The limit can even be discussed.

Beyond that, I think that the EV goes out of "its flight range", forcing it to be very heavy with batteries that are too heavy and consume too much metal compared to the service rendered.

Intense journeys (very long, at high speed, even with towing a trailer) must switch to combustion, preferably with biofuels.

This solves at the same time the insoluble problem of electric refills supposed to do as well as service stations, where I hammer it, each petrol pump, each stupid pipe, sends fuel equivalent to 3MW electric in the vehicle.

In more trivial terms: each beast of a hydrocarbon juice pipe sends 10 times more mash than the most powerful and sophisticated supercharger.

Spread the word.
0 x