CEA and Renault are developing a bidirectional on-board charger

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: CEA and Renault develop a bidirectional on-board charger

by sicetaitsimple » 26/01/23, 20:09

Exnihiloest wrote:Energy is when I need it and when I want it.

Well yes, especially when I need it....My good pleasure too, if it's to light up a Christmas tree....
I don't really understand this concept"incentive to consume renewable energies when they produce".
"Normal" people are still not so stupid and generally consume what they need according to the needs of their daily life....
Admittedly, a happy owner of EVs will seek to charge when the price is minimal, and if he is also a happy owner of PV when his panels are producing (unless he benefits from a particularly juicy historical purchase price).
I am only talking about individuals here, large electro-intensive consumers have long since learned to buy their electricity at the lowest possible price, effect of renewable peaks or not, but they have dedicated staff and have the status of actors. Steps.
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 26/01/23, 20:28

sicetaitsimple wrote:"Normal" people are still not so stupid and generally consume what they need according to the needs of their daily life....

if he is also a happy owner of PV when his panels produce (unless he benefits from a particularly juicy historical purchase price).

Well precisely, the stupidity starts here and it is to make them a little smarter not that we encourage financially, if they do not understand the technique they know how to count cm2 level.

Vote for me, I'm green (but above all I'll make sure that we buy your crap prod at a gold price). Patronage is a sure thing in politics.
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 26/01/23, 21:36

SebastianL wrote:...
Well if you refuse the practicality of renewable energies, you have the choice to convince that you must completely abandon their installation in the country, prohibit installations even in private homes in your country and pray, because it is the only thing possible. , for the rest of the interconnected European countries.
Historical nuclear has always operated with thermal backup and dams, this reality will be widely reminded in the future.
Nuclear charge tracking is a myth, and even for dams there are abysses.

Your philosophical whim costs us a little expensive in the end, but everyone has their own budget and priorities.

That's the best! What is expensive is the ecologist "whim" of renewable energies, uh intermittent, for which the politicians at the heels of the green industry lobbies constantly puncture the citizen. When we force energy suppliers to pay for the energy reinjected into their network at a cost higher than that of their own production and even when we don't need it, we are walking on our heads, we are really in an ideology worthy of the Soviets, not in technology.
It is not a question of prohibiting, it is a question of setting up solutions which provide energy when it is needed, in abundance, and without impoverishing the populations. Only nuclear is compatible.
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 26/01/23, 22:24

Exnihiloest wrote:It is not a question of prohibiting, it is a question of setting up solutions which provide energy when it is needed, in abundance, and without impoverishing the populations. Only nuclear is compatible.

Ah, but I'm for it, as long as nuclear power is able to ensure its profitability and therefore top-notch maintenance, let's go.
Let's build 100GW of nuclear power, a historic type with ASN and IRSN upgrades that tell us that EPR or our power plants are kifkif.
At least our plants we have real plans and we should have a super price of 50-60€ per MWh.

Except that if we have 100GW a good part will be off 9 months a year, or else we will have to come to an agreement with Europe, which will still complain that our electricity monopoly is too harsh. Welcome the Arenh 2.0!
Not to mention that after having had the state guaranteed credit financing to build these 100GW, EDF will again be privatized and then between choosing between a TRV sale price and a European electricity tariff, the choice will be quickly seen and excuses quickly found. .. Might as well sell to neighbors who agree to pay more!
The carrot is out, the vaseline jar is on the chest of drawers and the French patriot thinks things are going well.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 27/01/23, 15:37

SebastianL wrote:
phil59 wrote:the trend is more for new EVs, to have a consumption of less than 10 kWh/100 km, and more and more, the batteries will remain in the 50 kWh range, not much more.

I exceeded 56 km in less than 000 years, with the cvid, the first year, less driven, and exceeded 2 km in a slippery year, and in EV since 35 at full throttle.

30% of a 40kwh battery = 12kwh x 30 million EVs because of this crazy Europe which prohibits the hybrid heat engine = 360GWh.
12kwh is your average daily consumption to do 35000km per year.
As the other idiot would say: it's ok! : Cheesy:
The only real ball in the soup is the price of lithium carbonate which is x 5 in 1 year...

There are about 35 VTs in France, and we know how to supply, without too much trouble, 000, not 000.

And we are not going to "pump" you for hours and hours, on your batteries, it would remain only for the peaks, in order to be able to smooth them.
And it wouldn't be all vehicles at the same time, but by city, for example.

15 Ve are possible with 000% less reactor, but compensate with 000 times the same power in wind, and 20 times, in PV, and EVs for peaks.

After all, it's always the excesses that aren't good.

An average of 12 kWh, maybe, but like everything, it's just an average, with peaks and troughs.

While in this season we drive a lot less, I go 2 to 3 times a week to my parents, and in addition to other trips, and that adds me 300 to 500 km per week.

Already, if the car could share with a solar installation at home, to manage the peaks, that would not be bad.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 28/01/23, 10:30

SebastianL wrote:...
Ah, but I'm for it, as long as nuclear power is able to ensure its profitability and therefore top-notch maintenance, let's go.
Let's build 100GW of nuclear power, a historic type with ASN and IRSN upgrades that tell us that EPR or our power plants are kifkif.
At least our plants we have real plans and we should have a super price of 50-60€ per MWh.

Except that if we have 100GW a good part will be off 9 months a year, or else we will have to come to an agreement with Europe, which will still complain that our electricity monopoly is too harsh. Welcome the Arenh 2.0!
Not to mention that after having had the state guaranteed credit financing to build these 100GW, EDF will again be privatized and then between choosing between a TRV sale price and a European electricity tariff, the choice will be quickly seen and excuses quickly found. .. Might as well sell to neighbors who agree to pay more!
The carrot is out, the vaseline jar is on the chest of drawers and the French patriot thinks things are going well.

Obviously you are against nuclear power contrary to what you say at the start, since you do not weigh its real or imaginary disadvantages that you align, compared to its advantages, and compared to the disadvantages of other technologies.
If you haven't felt anything about ENR, it's because your "jar of Vaseline" has already been used in high doses for a few years by the so-called green industry.
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 28/01/23, 20:09

Exnihiloest wrote:Obviously you are against nuclear power contrary to what you say at the start, since you do not weigh its real or imaginary disadvantages that you align, compared to its advantages, and compared to the disadvantages of other technologies.
If you haven't felt anything about ENR, it's because your "jar of Vaseline" has already been used in high doses for a few years by the so-called green industry.

I am against an unprofitable nuclear, indeed.
But as long as we have a critical mass of neuneux, who do not want to understand, out of sheer laziness, that a generator is amortized much better when it is used as soon as its production is possible.
You want a smooth nuclear price, without making any effort but worse you refuse others who would like to make the effort to erase (for small selfish people like you) to have a better average price.
ENR, nuclear = same fight it must be used to the max when it produces and all those who refuse this fundamental principle significantly increase the cost of electricity in the country.
And since you have the wires that touch each other on this subject, you are not able to understand that making 100% nuclear is going to cost a lot of money and that in the end we will never be able to make H2 with it because the product of entry will be too expensive and recharging EVs will be cheaper with PV locally.
And that if this organization is not profitable, then the nuclear danger awaits, all that for what? Just because Mr has the whim of pressing a button and having x thermal power plants fire up to grant his lamentable wish, which is now a thing of the past
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 28/01/23, 20:31

SebastianL wrote: All this for what? Just because Mr has the whim of pressing a button and having x thermal power plants fire up to grant his lamentable wish, which is now a thing of the past

Exnihiloest will answer if he wishes, but as far as I'm concerned when I press a button I want it to light up or start....
I admit it's a very luxurious wish, but since it's been like this for about 70 years
(almost, with very rare exceptions) every day for all French people, I tell myself that my desires for luxury are not necessarily as extraordinary as that....
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 28/01/23, 21:19

sicetaitsimple wrote:
SebastianL wrote: All this for what? Just because Mr has the whim of pressing a button and having x thermal power plants fire up to grant his lamentable wish, which is now a thing of the past

Exnihiloest will answer if he wishes, but as far as I'm concerned when I press a button I want it to light up or start....
I admit it's a very luxurious wish, but since it's been like this for about 70 years
(almost, with very rare exceptions) every day for all French people, I tell myself that my desires for luxury are not necessarily as extraordinary as that....

Very well the reckless! you just have no chance of decoupling the price of elec from the price of gas (to satisfy your whim) and as your elec is too expensive the production of "green" methane is not about to see the light of day. Pay for your energy sovereignty...
Plastered mentality, refusing to pay its share of misuse of production, at no time are you forbidden to press a button to get juice, it's just that the hourly rate rantanplan, it's a luxury that should be paid
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 28/01/23, 21:39

You can't want everything and its opposite....
In one month Germany will have closed its last three nuclear units (approximately 4000MW).
In practically all the countries of Europe coal is in the pillory. In France there are only 3 operational 600MW units left, that is to say practically nothing. And it's the same in many European countries.
So yes, gas is technically the solution, at least transitionally. No luck, conflict in Ukraine ..... So it's expensive. Nothing to do with whether or not I press a button....
0 x