Adapt a motor, pulley and belt on an apple cutter

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
AXEAU
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Adapting a motor, pulley and belt on an apple notcher

by AXEAU » 12/03/22, 13:06

Hello, according to your DIY possibilities you can also make a friction system, a car wheel fixed on the crank of the notch and a roller on the motor shaft which comes in friction on it to train, like a solex.
3 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/03/22, 15:30

Yes, instead of a rubber coated roller driving a steel flywheel, the reverse is easier to achieve*. Rather than a normal car wheel, prefer a lighter spare wheel. Note that such a wheel can also advantageously be driven by a flat belt if the gear ratio allows it: the grip is excellent...

* This is not the case in the application envisaged here, but this system is interesting in sequential use, since it makes it possible to disengage and engage by pivoting the motor on an axis...
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 12/03/22, 16:32

if he wants the engine and a spare wheel...I have : Cheesy:
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 12/03/22, 18:48

With a car on crutches (2cv and by removing the wing and the wheel on crutches, we can drive the steering wheel directly by friction
/ we could do it in Africa But there are no apples. : Cheesy:

Otherwise, for those who don't have a notcher, a disc shredder (when it's no longer useful for the branches), does an excellent job.

The universal motors of washing machines run away empty at 17000rpm it seems? Me, I went up to 22rpm (and I stopped :D )

As soon as it is coupled to a belt and a mechanism, this is no longer the case. However, it still spins too fast and doesn't have too much starting torque, and it has to crank. With a speed regulator, but the starting torque isn't there, and low-end devices are hit or miss, triac or resistor dimmers don't go. You need one from "US-52"

The system solution D, is to use any motorized device that one has to adapt it, and to be able to use it in addition to its usual dedicated use.
(but it's advice for future dark years : Mrgreen:)
A bicycle rim can be used as a pulley at these low speeds.
1 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/03/22, 21:33

The car on stand which drives with the wheel lifted is only a troubleshooting solution, because the differential is then constantly stressed, which it is not intended for (with the added bonus of a doubling of the speed of this wheel) .
0 x
guibnd
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by guibnd » 13/03/22, 09:32

Thank you friends ! You give me some very interesting leads, I will study them all carefully.
A long time ago, our Father had adapted a Bernard motor with a large belt but he used this motor for other uses (saw bench, cement mixer...).
Well, it must be said that this engine was one of those baroufs and smelled strong!
Macro, your photo is beautiful and reminds me of such good memories!
Regarding access to electricity, no worries, the notch is in a barn with electrical outlet nearby.
For photos, I first have to move 50 small bales of hay that I temporarily stored in front (but that's Didier's fault : Mrgreen: ), but from memory my Dad used a large, wide, flat belt.
Yes we were turning the Ferris wheel at about 60 rpm and it is about 1m in diameter, I will measure more precisely
1 x
Twandering with clayey and fertile wheat, full of water in winter, cold in spring, crushed and cracked in summer,
but that was before the Didite ...
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 14/03/22, 09:34

If this notcher was driven by a flat belt and electricity is available nearby... There is no more question to ask... 1 electric motor of 1hp 1000rpm, a flat pulley to reach a reduction of 10 compared to the pulley of your notcher (it will turn at 100 rpm) or about 10cm in diameter, a flat belt and hop and shoo... The flat pulley for the motor can be turned easily in a piece of wood hard attention it will have to make a slight bump in the middle (and not a hollow)

In general, the old "bernards" which equipped the concrete mixers and other agricultural equipment were equipped with 1/2 reducers so they turned between 500 and 1500 rpm at the shaft
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
guibnd
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by guibnd » 17/03/22, 09:11

Thank you Macro, I'm going in this direction.
My project will take time to succeed because I am still in professional activity, you have comforted me and helped me a lot in my thinking and I thank you for that. Now there's only : Mrgreen:
0 x
Twandering with clayey and fertile wheat, full of water in winter, cold in spring, crushed and cracked in summer,
but that was before the Didite ...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 17/03/22, 09:29

Do not neglect any skills that may exist in your entourage and who could be interested in your project and bring it a little boost...
Macro a dit:
The flat pulley for the motor can be turned easily in a piece of hard wood...

In fact, there is no need for a lathe for this operation: all you have to do is fix the blank on the axis of the motor and machine it thanks to its rotation (taking all useful precautions).
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"