Behind a fight that seems fair, the IPCC and its donors are preparing a nightmare for us

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Behind a fight that seems fair, the IPCC and its donors are preparing a nightmare for us

by ABC2019 » 26/06/21, 14:57

Otherwise it's fun

"Our reconstruction shows that the first half of the Holocene was colder than in industrial times due to the cooling effects of remnant ice sheets from the previous glacial period—contrary to previous reconstructions of global temperatures,"

So the previous reconstructions were wrong, but the last one is right, I promise, this time!

but uh ... they say that to every post, right?
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Behind a fight that seems fair, the IPCC and its donors are preparing a nightmare for us

by izentrop » 26/06/21, 15:52

ABC2019 wrote:but uh ... they say that to every post, right?
as if you didn't know that more and more precise data is collected by scientists, so it's normal for models to evolve too, right?
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 26/06/21, 16:05

izentrop wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:but uh ... they say that to every post, right?
as if you didn't know that more and more precise data is collected by scientists, so it's normal for models to evolve too, right?

of course I know, that's why it's not because an ad has just been released that you have to take it at face value.

Another fun trick

Scientists used marine calcareous (calcium carbonate-containing) fossils from foraminifers — single-celled organisms that live at the ocean surface — to reconstruct the temperature histories of the two most recent warm intervals on Earth. They are the Last Interglacial period from 128,000 to 115,000 years ago and the Holocene. To get the fossils, the scientists collected a core of bottom sediments near the mouth of the Sepik River off northern Papua New Guinea during the Rutgers-led Expedition 363 of the International Ocean Discovery Program. The core features rapidly accumulating sediments that allowed the scientists to recreate the temperature history of the western Pacific warm pool, which closely tracks temperatures changes in global.

in other words, the whole study is based on sediments from the Sepik River, north of Papua New Guinea, which reproduces that of the western Pacific, which itself reproduces the global temperature .. bon ben yaka install a thermometer at the mouth from the Sepik River, and we'll have global temperatures, no need to bother with stations and satellites!

but beware it's global, eh, it's not local, don't believe it!
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 26/06/21, 16:19

Here ! you didn't say you were basing yourself on studies rather than journalists' gossip. You always turn your jacket over. : roll:
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 26/06/21, 16:51

izentrop wrote:Here ! you didn't say you were basing yourself on studies rather than journalists' gossip. You always turn your jacket over. : roll:

no, precisely, I "do not base myself on studies", in the sense that I would believe them blindly, but I look at them with a critical eye, which allows me to see their weaknesses. If you only listen to the media, you have no way of knowing their value.

So when I read that we reconstruct global temperatures with just sediment from the mouth of a single river, I doubt.
0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."