Everything about potatoes for 2021

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Everything about potatoes for 2021

by Doris » 26/07/21, 22:49

No, not easy, there is on the internet, or if you are lucky to have a big name garden center with a nice team: I got it at the green range of the village next door. But the team is responsive, dynamic and we know each other well. Stroke of luck
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 27/07/21, 00:27

Did67 wrote:
At home, there is now mildew. I try to control or limit the breakage (potassium bicarbonate alternating with "Frutogard" - professional product not found in France; it is an extract of algae with potassium phosphonate I believe - and then elicitors: lecithins - I did not find Chitosan, yet now on sale for individuals - and Bacillus subtilis) ... But apart from the tunnel, you have to go between thunderstorms to apply the products!

Here it is the change of weather, which makes my job easier. In the weather they tell me more rain, but in fact, it's for the interior of the land, I have nothing left. So the tomatoes recovered, with very little processing. The potatoes, even more weakly affected than the tomatoes, are maintained, without treatment. The tomatoes caught mostly early blight. And like Julienmos, I believe that my soil, which is much more alive now, has something to do with it, plus the fact of producing its own plants, with me there is no photo.
0 x
Edmond Rostand
Did67

by Did67 » 27/07/21, 14:14

jardama wrote:I have never tried putting potassium bicarbonate. is it easy to find?

I have just discovered that the potassium bicarbonate-based "pesticide", approved for a long time as "organic" under the name Armicarb, is sold in small packages in garden centers.

So pay attention to the price: € 16,40 per 100 g packet of product containing 85% potassium bicarbonate !!!! I keep the package with the label on it as a "collector" !!! So 192 euros per kg. I estimate that my 25 kg bag must have cost 20 or 30 !!! In the lottery of the one who will get screwed the most, place your bets!

Perhaps in certain agricultural cooperatives which also have a "general public" activity, you can find "agricultural" packaging, like a 5 or 25 kg bag ?????
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 27/07/21, 14:16

Doris wrote:No, not easy, there is on the internet, or if you are lucky to have a big name garden center with a nice team: I got it at the green range of the village next door. But the team is responsive, dynamic and we know each other well. Stroke of luck

Did they have any?
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 27/07/21, 18:56

No, they didn't have one, but the manager managed, and he was able to order me. And the smallest possible packaging: 5 kg. But about the same price as your collector's package.
0 x
Edmond Rostand
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 27/07/21, 19:07

Did67 wrote:
jardama wrote:I have never tried putting potassium bicarbonate. is it easy to find?

I have just discovered that the potassium bicarbonate-based "pesticide", approved for a long time as "organic" under the name Armicarb, is sold in small packages in garden centers.

So pay attention to the price: € 16,40 per 100 g packet of product containing 85% potassium bicarbonate !!!! I keep the package with the label on it as a "collector" !!! So 192 euros per kg. I estimate that my 25 kg bag must have cost 20 or 30 !!! In the lottery of the one who will get screwed the most, place your bets!

Perhaps in certain agricultural cooperatives which also have a "general public" activity, you can find "agricultural" packaging, like a 5 or 25 kg bag ?????

https://www.compagnie-bicarbonate.com/b ... ssium.html
0 x
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 29/07/21, 09:01

Did67 wrote:

How many plants can be treated with 1 kg? Pdt or tomatoes, it must be the same, right?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 29/07/21, 09:40

It is 10 g / l. After seeing which surface you cover with eg 5 l. For my part, I do the greenhouse (but not all: cucurbits and tomatoes) + the tunnel (all tomato plants) with 5 l. At least fifty feet of tomato ... (all this with a ladle).
0 x
jardama
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jardama » 29/07/21, 11:42

that's it, I ordered potassium bicarbonate at the address given by GuyGadebois
0 x
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 29/07/21, 23:27

Did67 wrote: In the lottery of the one who will get screwed the most, place your bets!

I am in spite of myself. Below is the result of plants received as a gift by Baumaux. I would be surprised if this seller was unaware of the m .... which he is offering free of charge. This is valid for plants in the greenhouse as well as outdoors.
This is the record for plants reached by midday or at home.
Moral: prudence is the mother of safety, especially if it is free. And then learn about the resistance capacities of varieties that we do not know.
DSC03070.JPG
0 x