State of mind for a viable future

Humanitarian catastrophes (including resource wars and conflicts), natural, climate and industrial (except nuclear or oil forum fossil and nuclear energy). Pollution of the sea and oceans.
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: State of mind for a viable future

by eclectron » 12/07/20, 07:34

Ahmed wrote:
This is the main interest of the so-called "ecological transition": to produce money (and even a little extra electricity!).

I understand this remark as very ironic and funny (so not of the first degree : Mrgreen: ), in relation to the subject here. Subject which no longer aims at the perpetuation of financial profitability but the sustainability of the living, and therefore our sustainability at the same time : Mrgreen:

The concern is that the capitalists, the liberals and even the quidam, alas, psychologically link their survival to financial profitability. (birth packaging ...)
Survival is tied to money in the capitalist world , this is no longer the case at all in an Amazonian tribe or the like.
All this to say that the short cuts that made in our little Western head, are not absolute truths, are not intangibles.
It does not necessarily take money and financial profitability to have the right to live on Earth but this presupposes not living in a capitalist economy ( globalized : Mrgreen: , you have to look for the corners of freedom ...)
Last edited by eclectron the 12 / 07 / 20, 08: 01, 2 edited once.
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 12/07/20, 07:53

sicetaitsimple wrote:Well, that doesn't tell us how Eclectron will build its "community" Thorium (or other) power stations to produce "community" hydrogen to replace fossils .... But I have no doubts, there is necessarily reflected.

I do not avoid answering you but I avoid reading you (you are part of my list of my ignored). Anyway, I'll read you if I want.
Anyway you and your half Tryphon clone, do not answer my questions or comments, I don't see why I should read your venom without ever having a dialogue, since you run away like slippery soaps, once your m .... filed.

There i read you : Mrgreen: and answer you:
Yes he thought about it. : Lol: its good ?

If you want an exchange, specify exactly what is causing you the problem. I can imagine it but I prefer that you say it.
Unless you still get away with having sown doubt about the feasibility, happy with your action?
Or too farther to assume your words?

Are you really interested in the answer?
Given your recurrent attitude, I highly doubt it.
Last edited by eclectron the 12 / 07 / 20, 08: 02, 1 edited once.
1 x
whatever.
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 12/07/20, 07:55

GuyGadebois wrote:Hence the need to "verticalize" (instead of virtualize it)

I hold vertualiser! : Wink:
0 x
whatever.
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 12/07/20, 08:43

Exnihiloest wrote:
dede2002 wrote:...
Do you plan to recolonize the Sahara?
Indeed, the Sahara could supply Africa with electricity ...
I would rather see it in agricultural land, watered by desalinated seawater thanks to atomic energy and transported thanks to the same source.
Even immensely cultivated areas may influence the climate when the temperature drops, at least regionally.
A question of ambition. For energy, you need big, very big. :)
Atomic energy being utopian for the moment, by consuming 15 kilowatt hours per cubic meter of fresh water product. Suffice to say that you want to throw us into the wall even faster.
In industrial reality, it is of the order of 11 to 16 kilowatt hours per cubic meter of fresh water produced (slightly less in certain membrane processes where part of the energy is recovered at the cost of further sophistication and higher investment). This energy requirement alone is 75 to 100 times higher than that required to raise 1 cubic meter of naturally fresh water to the 50 meters of water pressure guaranteed in a public distribution.
... Or currently that of the pumping carried out in a fossil sheet (it too) which makes live oasis and agriculture in Algeria, Tunisia.
there may be more concrete priorities. : Twisted:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 12/07/20, 09:11

izentrop wrote:
Exnihiloest wrote:
I would rather see it in agricultural land, watered by desalinated seawater thanks to atomic energy and transported thanks to the same source.
Even immensely cultivated areas may influence the climate when the temperature drops, at least regionally. [...]
In industrial reality, it is of the order of 11 to 16 kilowatt hours per cubic meter of fresh water produced (slightly less in certain membrane processes where part of the energy is recovered at the cost of further sophistication and higher investment). This energy requirement alone is 75 to 100 times higher than that required to raise 1 cubic meter of naturally fresh water to the 50 meters of water pressure guaranteed in a public distribution.
... Or currently that of the pumping carried out in a fossil sheet (it too) which makes live oasis and agriculture in Algeria, Tunisia.
there may be more concrete priorities. : Twisted:

Aren't you fed up with proclaiming n'importenawak? If we can desalinate, we can water / cultivate. Why pump to exhaust blue gold deposits?
And besides what would they need your nuclear filth with the sun in abundance?
Do you do it on purpose or is it by profession?
Desertec Wikipedia pages:
The scientific studies done by the German Aerospace Center (DLR) between 2004 and 2007 demonstrated that the desert sun could meet rising power demand in the MENA region while also helping to power Europe, reduce carbon emissions across the EU-MENA region and power desalination plants to provide freshwater to the MENA region
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/07/20, 09:37

Guytounet, you say:
Hence the need to "vertualize" (instead of virtualizing it), this iniquitous model which leads us straight to the wall, to destruction, to the abyss, to whatever we want, but it's cold in the back . Especially when you read the delusions of illuminated people like Tryphon, clinging like barnacles to their dead antiphons. :(

Even in your sentence the contradiction shines through: it is not a question of reducing a system which would occasionally be victims of "drifts" or "excess", by making it more virtuous, but rather of getting rid of it.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 12/07/20, 09:43

izentrop wrote:
Exnihiloest wrote:
Even immensely cultivated areas may influence the climate when the temperature drops, at least regionally.
A question of ambition. For energy, you need big, very big. :)
Atomic energy being utopian for the moment, by consuming 15 kilowatt hours per cubic meter of fresh water product. Suffice to say that you want to throw us into the wall even faster.

As much as I agree for fossil water which only has a time, the Exnihilo idea could be very good: greening the Sahara.
By bringing vegetation to this region, this should modify the global climate, temperatures drop and store more CO2.
Fresh water could be obtained thanks to the abundant solar energy in this region, if one is reluctant to nuclear.

I'm loosely looking for a recent documentary, passed on the 5 a priori or Arte, where a guy, alone, passed for a madman to work the land in the Sahel (?), In times when everyone does nothing.
He finally made the "drills" grow (must remain modest all the same : Lol: )
Last edited by eclectron the 12 / 07 / 20, 09: 56, 2 edited once.
0 x
whatever.
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 12/07/20, 09:47

Ahmed wrote:Guytounet, you say:
Hence the need to "vertualize" (instead of virtualizing it), this iniquitous model which leads us straight to the wall, to destruction, to the abyss, to whatever we want, but it's cold in the back . Especially when you read the delusions of illuminated people like Tryphon, clinging like barnacles to their dead antiphons. :(

Even in your sentence the contradiction shines through: it is not a question of reducing a system which would occasionally be victims of "drifts" or "excess", by making it more virtuous, but rather of getting rid of it.

Yes, it is true that "to vertualize", basically, means to improve an existing one.
Personally I had read the words of Guy like establishing a virtuous system, which has nothing to do with the existing

Alone Guy will decide us : Lol:
0 x
whatever.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/07/20, 09:50

... and as a result of this wacky idea, a drastic change in the salinity of the sea, where the discharges are made ...
Before "re-greening" the Sahara, it would be interesting to stop devastating the Amazonian forests: weird, it inspires less ...
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 12/07/20, 09:54

Ahmed wrote:... and as a result of this wacky idea, a drastic change in the salinity of the sea, where the discharges are made ...
Before "re-greening" the Sahara, it would be interesting to stop devastating the Amazonian forests: weird, it inspires less ...

Yes, yes, joy! : Lol:
Otherwise salt can be used as a heat transfer fluid in solar power plants.
No I'm kidding : Lol:

see my end of post Disaster-human-natural / state-of-mind-in-a-future-viable-t16249-1530.html # p404621
0 x
whatever.