Our participatory garden in Moselle

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Our Participatory Garden in Moselle

by Ahmed » 26/06/20, 23:01

By using a little brain juice during an episode of intensive use of the lounge chair conducive to this exercise and, rightly, the main tool of the PP, it is undoubtedly possible to find an alternative to these squares "plancheux" which is compatible with the particular constraints of the place ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Did67

by Did67 » 27/06/20, 07:17

No need to use the deckchair much: flat terrace slats are a good alternative. They mark the areas and as they can be turned over, they become slug traps!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/06/20, 09:07

No need to use the deckchair much ...

Tells us the promoter of its intensive use! :P
Joking aside, the duration of effective use depends on the initial state of the brain concerned ... : Wink:
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
emilio57
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by emilio57 » 29/06/20, 18:34

Did67 wrote:These beautiful borders are, from my point of view, an obstacle ...

Now you also need patience ... Let them come. From somewhere. Settle in. And stay !!! It's a bit random.

We can brake. Borders (carabids, staphylins). Grills (hedgehogs). Etc ...

Or we can help: shelters, tall grass, wetlands (toads, orvets, salamanders ...). Old wood. Dry stone walls (lizards) ...

Alas, "indoctrination" and "modes" rather lead to squares - thus amplifying the problem! And we are going to look for the "remedy" ...

Good evening Didier.
You were talking about it during your visit to Forbach, I remembered it, but others laughed at this argument about the wooden logs around the plots

for the containers, they are essential to allow the garden for people in wheelchairs. raised, therefore essential.
2 x
emilio57
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by emilio57 » 29/06/20, 18:44

Ahmed wrote:By using a little brain juice during an episode of intensive use of the lounge chair conducive to this exercise and, rightly, the main tool of the PP, it is undoubtedly possible to find an alternative to these squares "plancheux" which is compatible with the particular constraints of the place ...

for people with reduced mobility, I admit that apart from the raised squares see a hanging garden, I do not see what to do.
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 29/06/20, 19:20

emilio57 wrote:for people with reduced mobility, I admit that apart from the raised squares see a hanging garden, I do not see what to do.

Continue as you feel, it's a beautiful project, some things will work, others will not, you will see!
But welcoming people with reduced mobility to work there, even in a somewhat "superficial" way, is as I said on the previous page more important than facilitating the access of ground beetles to the crop beds. the beetles and others) than to get rid of : Lol:
Bravo!
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 29/06/20, 19:42

I had a "fan" in a wheelchair, during a conference (fortunately, in a well-appointed modern room - it was not in Forbach, where the room was beautiful too) ... Of course, while chatting at the end, I told him that in his case, you had to put in height [because obviously I had scratched the fashion for "squares" - I maintain that 98 times out of 100, it's just following the last one. fashion like a donkey; so I went to him to correct]

A suggestion anyway; make one or two or three long strips in height, which, at the level of the short sides at each end, descend gently, with shrubs for example (picking at height). This will make a "natural corridor" which the auxiliaries "level with the ground" will automatically use. And that in no way hinders the work at height on the entire central part ...

Of course, no geotextile or other tarpaulin in the bottom.

Fill with soil (real soil - possibly amended, you might as well take advantage of the upheaval or even in these circumstances, consider modifying the texture - add a truck or two of clay or silty soils in too sandy soil or vice versa). No "compost", entirely organic, which is not a "soil" in the agronomic sense ...

I say this: I share ideas. Finally no: I throw ideas. Which can very well "rot" and decompose. It's natural !
0 x