Our participatory garden in Moselle

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Our Participatory Garden in Moselle

by Moindreffor » 13/09/19, 07:38

sicetaitsimple wrote:I do not think Emilio's question is specific to hay, I understand that they will have the opportunity to receive a little bit of everything, compost, manure, green waste, shredder, straw, hay .... without knowing exactly what and when.

In my opinion the important thing today is to "delimit" the areas which will be cultivated next year (as much, more, the same as this year or others?) And then to distribute the contributions which will happen when they arrive and whoever they are, just avoiding massive amounts of too much carbon on a single plot.

Hay or whatever, for me it's a little similar, for what will be dry, for manure more or less wet, or the horse dung, you should know that it does not block the emergence of weeds , so it will be necessary to put another cover on it, but actually it will be necessary to try to balance on the level of the carbon, it is especially that it will be necessary to display as soon as they will have, it is useless to store in a corner, j because of lack of time left my clumps of grass in piles, it ferments very quickly, even with a pile of hardly 30 cm high, in addition it rained so it did not dry at all

but as you say it is necessary to prepare his plan of attack upstream, to know where to put what
1 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 13/09/19, 09:55

About drilling, this exchange with phil12 who realized one:

phil12 wrote:
Did67 wrote:
phil12 wrote:
thanks to my new drilling

Interests me ! Even if I doubt that I go to the end of the project to make one, given my age, the difficulty of access, etc ...

But just to frame my thinking, you have data that you can make public: cost, depth, flow, equipment (pump) ???

Good evening Did,

Depth 60m, flow 1,5 m3 / h, 10 K € (drilling + pump + buffer tank + installation), submersible pump 0,75 kw.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 13/09/19, 10:40

We would have had the idea to make one .... that gives the level of the cost ... and it is not given.

If you have no water at all on your land ok

Otherwise we, if only to depreciate against our annual bill we would need .... 71 years ...
0 x
phil12
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by phil12 » 13/09/19, 13:47

nico239 wrote:We would have had the idea to make one .... that gives the level of the cost ... and it is not given.

That's the price ./ I do not see what's given here?
After we have money or not it's another story!
Perso with my criteria (autonomy, quantity of water needed, quality of the water etc ...) it is very quickly amortized!
0 x
Sustainable energy consulting for construction
http://www.philippeservices.net/
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 13/09/19, 14:02

phil12 wrote:
nico239 wrote:We would have had the idea to make one .... that gives the level of the cost ... and it is not given.

Perso with my criteria (autonomy, quantity of water needed, quality of the water etc ...) it is very quickly amortized!

when it is your main water point, it is understandable but when it is an extra water point for watering it is necessary to calculate the depreciation compared to for example purchases of tanks from 1000L to 100 € l 'unity, and the purchase of a small booster
0 x
(of me)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 13/09/19, 14:09

phil12 wrote:That's the price ./ I do not see what's given here?

It is an individual choice linked to individual conditions, but be careful all the same, apart from the "normal" maintenance costs which must be taken into account (pump replacement, etc.), a borehole nevertheless rarely has a lifespan. unlimited.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 13/09/19, 14:14

phil12 wrote:

Ouh do not worry about this investment no soucy ....

Just that it's not profitable for us at the scale of our existence.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 13/09/19, 14:57

nico239 wrote:
phil12 wrote:

my sister rented a house that was fed by a well and 2 other housing including that of the owner, all on the same borehole, it is in Ardèche, with the drought, it was necessary to constantly monitor the level of the well then limit the showers, at other times it was free water at will, suddenly the owner has connected the house to the network, because finally the well in summer was not sufficiently fed to have regular consumption, it is also to consider
0 x
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 13/09/19, 15:02

Moindreffor wrote:
nico239 wrote:
phil12 wrote:

my sister rented a house that was fed by a well and 2 other housing including that of the owner, all on the same borehole, it is in Ardèche, with the drought, it was necessary to constantly monitor the level of the well then limit the showers, at other times it was free water at will, suddenly the owner has connected the house to the network, because finally the well in summer was not sufficiently fed to have regular consumption, it is also to consider

At home too, we had to start being vigilant ...

Here for the moment no worries but it may fall one of these days ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 14/09/19, 10:00

Wells generally have this "fragility" that you stop digging when you are under 1 m of water. We are building.

And when after two droughts the water falls by 2 m, we are dry. If we overcrowd, we weaken the building.

The water tables are of very different quality: simple "lens" of water, more or less deep water table, fed by a more or less wide basin ...

[In Africa, we had techniques with a fixed nozzle down to the water, then we put in smaller nozzles, on a "cutting" ring, not fixed; we could then overdrive, without endangering ourselves, this second casing sliding in the first and descending as we go]
2 x