The scourge of theft of electric bicycles ...

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Flytox

Re: The scourge of flying electric bikes ...

by Flytox » 31/08/17, 23:19

Another anecdote: The daughter of a former work colleague has his Ciao stolen from him on the sidewalk in front of his house. One or two months later, the colleague who is joking outside his house sees an old man pass on his little one's Ciao. He rushes with his son into his car, races the cyclo, catches him and stuck him a little further. The little old man was entitled to a good explanation .... with a closed fist ... and left on foot with some difficulties and a lot of emotions ...., certainly with the intention of not setting foot in the corner to be able to stay alive. Without the son's intervention, the little old man would have ended up in the emergency room or worse ...: Wink:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 01/09/17, 16:35

... since we are in the "Vol et Anecdote" series! ... : Cheesy:

A few years ago, my car being repaired, a friend told me to take his while waiting, because he does not need it, he is on vacation. So I go to his house in town, one evening, he gives me the keys to his car with the papers, and explains to me where he parked his car in a neighboring street ... in addition, it won't be complicated, it is a duck blue deudeuche, there aren't many duck blue deudeuches!

I go to the street, look around a bit and find the duck blue deudeuch. I put the key in the lock, battle a little but I manage to open it after 10 minutes; It is true that deudeuch is not high level mechanical precision.
I sit behind the wheel and put the ignition key to start ... and there, impossible to enter the key in the neiman of the steering column! No matter how much I force, change the key, pull, push, nothing to do!

A little surprised, I look in the back of the car and see many English books !!! Knowing that my friend is a dunce finished in English, I start to ask myself questions ... I get out of the car with the gray card, and when I start to check the license plates, comes a lady with big glasses and books under my arm (English!) asking me what I do with his car! It was an English teacher, owner of this duck blue deudeuch, which was therefore not that of my friend.

I stammered out a few sentences that didn't make sense to end up telling him, that I was sorry but that I was probably putting the wrong car, gray card in hand to prove my good faith ... and indeed, tonight there, my friend's car, the duck blue deudeuch, had been stolen, and another duck blue deudeuch came to park in the same street! : Shock:

My friend's duck blue deudeuch was found a little dented a few days later by the police!
Since then I am wary of the duck blue deudeuch! : Cheesy:
1 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 01/09/17, 20:14

the poor quality of car locks is dismal!

with locks of sufficient quality the thief trade would be more difficult!

the numbering of bicycle frames is a good way to reduce the value of stolen bikes and therefore reduce the activity of thieves ... but the well hidden gps allowing to deal with thieves in a less delicate way than the police is also a solution

I saw cars stolen with the neiman unlocked simply by forcing very hard on the steering wheel: flying a bit crooked but still usable car ... it would however not be difficult to make a blockage by the neiman even more solid than the steering shaft: if you force and you are really strong you take the wheel in your hands and no way to take the car

another story of car theft ... I rented a Ford Transit van, and I knelt in the key ... no way to start ... phone the rental company ... no assistance night and weekend for utility ... so I wonder, and I realize that we can easily disassemble from below the electrical contact block, to turn on the ignition and start ... we can also turn the tab of the neiman which drives the electrical block to unlock the neiman ... so I did something with wire keeping the tongue in the position it takes to keep the neiman unlocked

conclusion: this vehicle is particularly easy to fly ... and we discussed it with the rental company! they understood why this model of ford transit was stolen much more often than other vehicles
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 01/09/17, 23:01

Deudeuch, and ignition key:

The ignition key got stuck and broke in the wind in the door lock ... but it was not very difficult to get into a Deudeuch, Between the side windows (cocker spaniel ears), the trunk cannot be closed and the hood with the fixing zipper outside ..... Now we had to start .... Well there was nothing to do either very complicated. All it needed was a simple screwdriver, the size of which made it possible to fit just the tip into the contactor ... we turned, not even need to force and contact was made : Mrgreen:

The only real lock for this car is when it was too wet and it did not want to start. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132

Back to "Electric transport: cars, bicycles, public transport, planes ..."