The dangers of homeopathy and food alternatives

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The dangers of homeopathy and food alternatives

by Janic » 28/10/18, 08:07

A fake news as usual which gives the impression of credibility to its author (s) and which shows a total ignorance of the use of homeopathy and especially to want to apply the criteria of allopathy to a science of completely different care.
Do you want, once again, to analyze this kind of discourse to demonstrate its inconsistency? ... Not as usual!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 03/01/19, 23:30

In Spain, the government has embarked on an unprecedented crusade against homeopathy. He views this therapy as pseudo-science.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 04/01/19, 08:16

Message by izentrop »04/01/19, 00:30
In Spain, the government has embarked on an unprecedented crusade against homeopathy. He regards this therapy as pseudo-science
It is not the first, nor the last time that these smear campaigns have taken place in 200 years, and despite the barking of BP's watchdogs, the caravan of truth has passed. America has also gone through these campaigns which have made disappear many "homeopaths" and once purified of its slag, homeopathy started again with new adapts among doctors and the population who do not allow themselves to be stuffed the skull through lab marketing.
This America which suffered the prohibition campaigns which made a flop because it is nothing more tempting than to transgress the prohibitions.
So there are on the one hand the universities sponsored financially not the labs which threaten to close the tap of their disinterested generosity, obviously, if these universities continue to support their adversaries in the lucrative business of the disease. There remain the private universities and the universities of the neighboring countries where the studies are paying and where BP is not as influential.
In addition, the followers of H will get medicines from neighboring countries, with a dead loss of turnover from pharmacies that sell homeopathic medicines and it is not this government, nostalgic for Francoism, which will pay the breakage . You cannot have your cake and eat it at the same time.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by lilian07 » 04/01/19, 09:39

Personally, I have trouble with type H medicine, I trust type A more easily.

Maybe wrong because it is just a vision of capitalist society, we must trust an organized state with its financial stakes and its pseudo-scientific mode of operation (led by men) or the population which makes choices by felt or sometimes small-scale verification.

I would tend to say that there are many imaginary patients and that among them, H works 100% and much more efficiently than type A chemical and with side effect.

My father who suffers from cluster headache (very very strong migraine) for 40 years tried a whole bunch of protocol (acupuncture, Homeopathy, healers .... but also heavy Allopathic treatment .....), nothing there did until the arrival of the Triptans (type A). He simply found the wrong molecule that calms his pain but does not eliminate the evil that seems to be mechanical.

All that to say that it is certainly necessary to put common sense (without lobbying) in type A medicine which represents an entire scientific and technical industrial organization to continue the enormous progress made and in the making (genetics, AI, 3D reconstruction, operation by machine ...) without neglecting the H path (softer and more attentive to patiens ...) which fits very well upstream of any type of disease while regulating drifts of the sorcery type ...
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 04/01/19, 14:05

lilian
All that to say that it is certainly necessary to put common sense (without lobbying) in type A medicine which represents an entire scientific and technical industrial organization to continue the enormous progress made and in the making (genetics, AI, 3D reconstruction, operation by machine ...) WITHOUT NEGLECTING TRACK H (SOFT AND LISTENING TO PATIENTS ...) WHICH IS INSERTED VERY WELL UPSTREAM OF ANY TYPE OF DISEASE WHILE REGULATING DERIVATIVES OF THE SORCERY TYPE ...
what you said is full of common sense. I therefore only comment on this point.
The H is considered by the A as a simple placebo, without active principle therefore cannot in any case be sweeter! So either it is a medicine in its own right or it is nothing.
More attentive to patients? It is to consider that the A. are not, which will not please them. In reality the Hs ask more questions, very different from the A, which leaves an impression of being more attentive.
Further upstream? Not at all, H is not a preventive medicine, but only curative, therefore necessarily downstream. The misunderstanding of the subject comes from the fact that certain "homeopaths" (sic) tend to leave an impression of prevention (for example false preventive vaccines or influenza) which moreover do not concern the flu themselves but common symptomatic characteristics to all influenza states. Example: oscillococcinum (believe anti H it would be limited to this one product)
For witchcraft type drifts, you have to keep reason.
Either it is a doctor who prescribes and his classic medical training makes the distinction between respecting the scientific approach and almost assumed by the anti .. Do not fall into the discourse anti by principle of some.
0 x
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by lilian07 » 04/01/19, 19:42

On the principle of the effectiveness of type H, if there is no significantly active principle why should it position itself downstream in the treatment?

With my little knowledge in the field I have the impression that type H acts better on false pathologies (in the sense of pathologies which are cured naturally with the help of the placebo effect ...).
In this case the A in case of type H ineffectiveness (pathology requiring mechanical intervention or external agents) would chemically support the patient but this time with the violence of the treatment or intervention (the harm is worse than the treatment).
This would probably make follow-up more complex and require everyone (doctor-patient) to accept this type of approach, which seems impossible to me.

We are in an organized society of the capitalist type that is why only a very late treatment takes precedence over any other type of approach, ie type A. AMHA Type H belongs to connoisseurs or to people more sensitive to the soft approach natural.

As for the pharmaceutical industry, it seems to have an industrial-type approach without worrying about the patient but by worrying about "statistical efficiency" and a potential patient demand.

In my opinion the H exists only because of the A which can be improved and there is a long way to go to change this type of approach.
It's a bit like democracy, it's a lesser evil, an organization by default less worse than dictatorship ...

I very much believe in the analysis by Artificial Intelligence on tangible data (imagery, statistics ...) and on the basis of patient treatment data (data computing ...) which would pre-diagnose a pathology more finely.
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 04/01/19, 20:35

izentrop wrote:In Spain, the government has embarked on an unprecedented crusade against homeopathy. He views this therapy as pseudo-science.

Well done Spain!

Why do people believe it works? http://www.charlatans.info/homeopathie2.shtml
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 04/01/19, 21:01

Good general reflection, but with the same pitfall posed by a profound ignorance of the possibilities and possible limits of H.
So here I give my opinion (widely expressed for a long time on this subject) only on part H.
on the principle of the effectiveness of type H, if there is no significantly active principle why should it position itself downstream in the treatment?
Misconception from the start. Who is currently judging on the H? Those who don't have the skills.
It is as if an auto mechanic on thermal engines felt that the automobile with an electric motor could not operate because these engines had neither pistons, nor connecting rods, nor crankshaft and all the rest, (that indeed we are not going not found on an electric motor). So to the thermician the thermal, to the electricians the electric, to each his job. As for the users, they are like the drivers who just set off and drive without worrying about what's under the hood.
But actually on electric motors there is not the active principle (fuel) that we have in thermal. Now does this mean that an electric motor (therefore without petrol) can work? Well yes, no offense to supporters of thermal.
The H works as well and even even better than the A when it is practiced by competent professionals (or electric as well or better than thermal practiced by competent professionals too)
So it is the dominant players on the market who want to discredit the minority that does not meet their criteria. And you can apply that to all trades.
With my little knowledge in the field I have the impression that type H acts better on false pathologies (in the sense of pathologies which are cured naturally with the help of the placebo effect ...).
it is already good that you seek to know better in this field so disparaged.
but it’s also another misconception. The H acts differently than the A in principle.
A acts on pathologies determined by the medical profession. The H acts on the individual or holistic, not directly on a pathology itself, hence the multitude of questions asked, absent in A. Hence also the individual similinum which will differ from one individual to another, even for a common pathology.
In this case the A in case of type H ineffectiveness (pathology requiring mechanical intervention or external agents) would chemically support the patient but this time with the violence of the treatment or intervention (the harm is worse than the treatment).
There, you effectively underline the cases of mechanical interventions which, sometimes, require other techniques of care, but the surgery is neither A nor H, no more than the hydrogen engine, is the thermal or the electric.
For external agents, it would be necessary to specify which ones, it goes without saying that if this external agent is a car accident, a drowning or a fall, the H is no more adapted or unsuitable than another method.
This would probably make follow-up more complex and require everyone (doctor-patient) to accept this type of approach, which seems impossible to me.
On the contrary, it's more than possible! ALL H doctors are graduates in conventional medicine, so they know the possibilities as well as the limits of this training. H is an ADDITIONAL specialization, like the others, with the same knowledge about the possibilities and limits of this additional technique.
Type H belongs to connoisseurs or people who are more sensitive to the gentle approach towards the natural.
Not necessarily ! Many followers of H are and remain indifferent to the other soft therapies in question! Besides the H, since its beginnings, to my knowledge, does not take into consideration other modes of care because Hanneman was what we would call today an A and he does not question this one otherwise on the doses causing side effects which are too damaging in relation to the pathologies to be treated. He was also the first astonished that the reduction in doses did not reduce the effectiveness of the remedies used.
0 x
pedrodelavega
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by pedrodelavega » 04/01/19, 21:14

lilian07 wrote:I would tend to say that there are many imaginary patients and that among them, H works 100% and much more efficiently than type A chemical and with side effect.
Homeopathy summarized in sentence, everything is said! Bravo!
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 05/01/19, 09:10

lilian07 wrote:
I will tend to say that there are many imaginary patients and that among them, H works at 100% et much more efficiently than chemical type A and with side effect.

Homeopathy summarized in sentence, everything is said! Bravo!
and also at the same time attributing better efficiency (100%) than chemical poisons. You must read everything and do not rush, sir. Zerro of the H! :?
0 x