Question heating

Present your DIY projects, your new technical ideas, your innovations to test or your self-construction work. Because doing it yourself is often more economical and can be more efficient.
caron26
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Question heating

by caron26 » 18/04/17, 21:13

Hello, I have a quick question. I am on a unical reverse flame wood-fired boiler with 4-way valve with oil boiler as a complement. I changed the damaged 135l acv boiler. A boiler on a boiler with electrical resistance. I replaced it with a 200l reflex boiler on a boiler. I added a 2400w electrical resistance. I have an aquasta on the electrical resistance but as I will not work with it in winter and that I do not have any on the boiler in itself, the circulator turns all the time I am obliged to cut it manually. I would like to find a solution so that when I use my wood boiler and it drops below 50 degrees it starts the pump again and cuts it off when the boiler is at 60 degrees. All this knowing that I also work with my oil boiler in summer for my sanitary. Thanks a lot to you.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Heating question

by Philippe Schutt » 20/04/17, 18:46

if the circulator turns on with the boiler below 50 ° it will cool the tank. What you want is good ?

I guess you mean when the boiler goes below 50 ° and the boiler works
In that case
1.we test the operation of the boiler and more particularly if the water in the boiler is above 70 ° => 1 auquastat
2.test the boiler T ° => 1 more aquastat
3. you want an AND function so just connect them in series

With electrical panel relays you can easily put a summer / winter switch, which will send the juice either to the resistance or to the circulator.
0 x